Lt. Commander
# 1 Horrible Lag
01-13-2010, 02:46 PM
Rubberbanding abound and the client taking minutes to notice my actions. It just got really bad on the kassee away mission. I call it lag because its something that never happened in CB, and I've not changed my video drivers since then
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-13-2010, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
Rubberbanding abound and the client taking minutes to notice my actions. It just got really bad on the kassee away mission. I call it lag because its something that never happened in CB, and I've not changed my video drivers since then
That might be a problem with your client instead of your network connection to the servers. Do you have anti-aliasing enabled in your graphics settings? Try running at lower settings or minimal graphics settings to test. There have been reports of anti-aliasing causing horrid memory-leak-like lag issues. I've had that happen to me in the past with ground combat.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-13-2010, 02:50 PM
I've always had AA off, and it just cropped up within the last few minutes. Not changed settings either
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-13-2010, 02:52 PM
Quote:
I've always had AA off, and it just cropped up within the last few minutes. Not changed settings either
Ahh, ok. May be it is server lag then? Do you get the lag in one spot or in everywhere you go, both ground and ship?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-13-2010, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
Ahh, ok. May be it is server lag then? Do you get the lag in one spot or in everywhere you go, both ground and ship?
I'm noticing it all over now, it was just really bad there
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Quote:
I'm noticing it all over now, it was just really bad there
Nearing 5pm on the east coast, and prime time right now for people in the UK. That's probably why.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Wasn't this bad yesterday. Timed it too, 6 seconds from when I see myself shooting till the damage is actually applied to a target. Thats rediclious
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-13-2010, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Wasn't this bad yesterday. Timed it too, 6 seconds from when I see myself shooting till the damage is actually applied to a target. Thats rediclious
I logged in tonight as well and it was bad for me too. Very bad. The rubber-banding felt like rubber-belting with a bad whiplash to go along, lol.

Oh well, I'm sure Cryptic is aware of it and finding out how to deal with it better in the future. That's part of what beta is all about.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-13-2010, 07:48 PM
How are we expected to beta test this if I can't even stay logged on? When I am connected, it lags like crazy. I pre-ordered this game and wanted to play the beta. I understand this is a beta and bugs are expected, but this is beyond buggy, it feels like they haven't even considered optimizing the expected server loads for the beta testers.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Completely unplayable for me, and no other game lags at all, and all net speed tests I have run are fine, nor does changing any ingame settings make an impact on the horrendous lag. I even opened ports on my router as needed, and still just rubberband all over and pretty much can't do anything. I don't think this is even a 'prime time' issue, I was playing at 5am west coast and there was no change whatsoever.

Ridiculous and unplayable.