Captain
With the newest Ask Cryptic, we found out that Romulan is not a straightly "third side" but an ally to one of the side.

So in this case, would you ally with Klingons like TOS days, or ally with Starfleet?

I personally feel that I do not know... KDF, save for the lack of missions, actually have better DoFF missions, but I fear that everyone and their mother will pick Federation and make teh "war" even more lopsided. I would rather they just stay neutral and can swap back and forth as I feel like it - you know, actually like a Romulan.
Career Officer
# 2
03-29-2013, 08:09 PM
Seeing as picking either side is not an alliance, but servitude, crawling beneath new masters and doing their bidding, I want to pick.. neither!

3 years I've been waiting for playable Romulans. 3 years, and now this.
Career Officer
# 3
03-29-2013, 08:10 PM
Most of mine will choose to infiltrate the Federation.

I may roll another one, perhaps a Reman if I get that far into Rom Rep, who will infiltrate the KDF.
Republic Veteran
# 4
03-29-2013, 08:12 PM
Certainly Fed, and ultimately join the Fleet I already have set up there. A second character I make may align with the Klingons. Maybe.
Original Join Date: January 2010
Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
Career Officer
# 5
03-29-2013, 08:12 PM
Neither.

I'm not going to complete that mission, I will just wait for the day where Cryptic fixes this mistake.

Now if that day ever comes, eh...
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-29-2013, 08:14 PM
join the feds and be subject to bad pvping and ESD chat? never gonna happen.
Captain
# 7
I was hoping to play a Vulcan-Romulan half-breed sci captain, and if I stick to that with the current role definitions then I will have to play Fed. TBH, I dont know that I want to bother with grinding another toon, no longer enthusiastic about it really.
Captain
# 8
Neither. I'll play to level 10, and when I get stonewalled there by the stupid 'choice', I'll just stop playing that character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
I was hoping to play a Vulcan-Romulan half-breed sci captain, and if I stick to that with the current role definitions then I will have to play Fed. TBH, I dont know that I want to bother with grinding another toon, no longer enthusiastic about it really.
It's a shame that the hybrid option is locked behind a paywall. Combined with the Reman being a reputation system unlock and the inevitable liberated borg being lifetime only (seriously, two species of a four-species faction being restricted to paying players? The heck?!?) I don't see many options here. I think that playing a Vulcan-Romulan hybrid would be interesting, too bad I won't be able to.

Last edited by catoblepasbeta; 03-29-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-29-2013, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catoblepasbeta View Post
Neither. I'll play to level 10, and when I get stonewalled there by the stupid 'choice', I'll just stop playing that character.
bravo .......
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-29-2013, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
im looking forward to grinding a rom, as long as after lvl 10 its not yet another cut and paste fed episode thing ala klingon. somehow i think im gonna be disappointed