Captain
# 171
04-03-2013, 08:17 PM
My opinion? Romulan seperatists seem more inclined to ally with the federation, particularly in game-considerign that D'Tan is the Romulan Republic's leader, after all.

Klingon seperatists would be more likely to side with the Romulan Star Empire-there are examples fro mthe show of them doign just that because they thought the empire was getting too weak, beign all friendly with the Federation and all that. Klingons ahve always respected strength, and no matter what their other deficiencies, the RSE has historically radiated strength more than the Federation.

In the context of the game however, the RSE is not strong, and the KDF is going through somethign of a warrior renaissance, so I can't see much objection from the Empire due to them 'softening', and the weakness of the Romulans makes the KDF quite frankly more inclined towards conquest than treaties, and on the Romulan side, Romulans seem to have a hard time dealing with other political entities as equals, much less from a position of weakness, I can't see them really reaching out to any great extent. Of coruse, this is D'Tan's folks we are talking about, not the RSE-they seem to have much less ambition and arrogance (and more honor) so I can conceive of *these* Romulans looking to either faction, humbly offering support.

I guess the real question is if you want to play as a Reunificationist studying the teachings of Surak or a existance of servitude under the close watch of your wary Klingon taskmasters.
Empire Veteran
# 172
04-03-2013, 08:57 PM
The feds let Romulus die, never trust a fed!!! At least with a Klingon you know what to expect.
"We are the United Federation of Planets and we come in peace....unless you have something we want, or refuse to join us, then you have no choice."
Better dead then Fed!
Ensign
# 173
04-03-2013, 09:25 PM
From a gameplay perspective, I like the Klingon consoles better. I like the Klingon playerbase better (usually), The klingons need more players, the Klingon Doff missions are much more entertaining. The biggest Fed advantages are the fact that they have more ships and bigger fleets. The ship issue is probably moot though, because of Rom ships. The other nice thing about the feddies is SB 24. The Klingons dont have an equivalent mission to that one. Here's another thing to consider: Romulan + Fleet K'Tinga = Romulan D-7. I will be using the resources of the KDF. Their more militaristic nature means more weapons development for me to get ahold of, to restore our former place in the galaxy.
Commander
# 174
04-03-2013, 09:41 PM
For me, i think i will go KDF, since leadership trait is getting nerfed so i wont have
any need for human boffs now. and KDF have all the good ships... and good
doff assignments, assuming romulan gets access to kdf doff assignments.
Career Officer
# 175
04-04-2013, 12:29 AM
After long careful consideration of many variables, lore, game function -etc... our community has decided to go red team.

Former member of the Cryptic Friends & Family testing team. Sadly it simply vanished one day.
Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan
(member #124)
Captain
# 176
04-04-2013, 12:47 AM
I'll join Starfleet.
I just hate that Klingon double moral standards when it comes to their "honor".
Althrough the Federation isn't much better in STO, they aren't as annoying and stereotype as the KDF.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-