Captain
# 41
03-30-2013, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post
You know, giving us rom ships in lockboxes solves the problem at a fundamental level, there is no need to roll romulan at all. just get the ship from the lockbox.
I actually agree. If there were ROmulan lockboxes and zen store unlocks for playable KDF/FED Romulans, at least the Romulans as a faction would still have a semblence of dignity. People could roleplay Romulan defectors to the KDF/FED/Whatever, but the fundamental concept of Romulans as the mysterious plotting sneaky little jerks would still be intact. Now they are all just servants of the KDF and Federation. Yeah, a true RSE faction would be nice, but Cryptic's solution is the absolute worst one for Romulan fans imaginable.
Captain
# 42
03-30-2013, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catoblepasbeta View Post
I actually agree. If there were ROmulan lockboxes and zen store unlocks for playable KDF/FED Romulans, at least the Romulans as a faction would still have a semblence of dignity. People could roleplay Romulan defectors to the KDF/FED/Whatever, but the fundamental concept of Romulans as the mysterious plotting sneaky little jerks would still be intact. Now they are all just servants of the KDF and Federation. Yeah, a true RSE faction would be nice, but Cryptic's solution is the absolute worst one for Romulan fans imaginable.
I prefered the TOS romulans over the plotting TNG villains with their 1 dimension.
Commander
# 43
03-30-2013, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestersage View Post
With the newest Ask Cryptic, we found out that Romulan is not a straightly "third side" but an ally to one of the side.

So in this case, would you ally with Klingons like TOS days, or ally with Starfleet?

I personally feel that I do not know... KDF, save for the lack of missions, actually have better DoFF missions, but I fear that everyone and their mother will pick Federation and make teh "war" even more lopsided. I would rather they just stay neutral and can swap back and forth as I feel like it - you know, actually like a Romulan.
Probably the Klingons. The Romulans are supposed to have their own mission chain until level 40, and from there they do the Featured Episodes till end game so mission content should be a non-issue.

After that, I really don't have alot of time to play STO so it's a question of who do I backburner, my Nausicaan Pirate or my Mirror Universe Tellarite. And well, the Tellarite drop kicks people in the crotch....
Commander
# 44
03-30-2013, 03:44 AM
People are forgetting one important thing.

Green HUD > Blue HUD / Red HUD.

Even if that is all it comes down to in the end, it is enough to make it worth rolling a Romulan character.

From what I understand from the "Ask Cryptic" Romulans don't really miss out on anything. You gain access to the ships (fed would be better) and consoles (klingons would be better) from a faction of your choice and dont have to grind up a new starbase! Seems like win-win to me.

What exactly are people complaining about?
Survivor of Romulus
# 45
03-30-2013, 03:48 AM
Hmm

Earth has lower Gravity than Romulus
Similar atmosphere
Some remaining natural resources
and an easily controlled population of SHEEP

Once the Federation is say 50% Romulans (which could happen)
We strike
take control and execute all the Undine

on the other hand
The First city has better entertainment and a lot less Politics in chat

But a lot more semi naked women

so If choose we must Federation has something going for it

Especially as once Romulans become dominant there will be a lot less pvp
Republic Veteran
# 46
03-30-2013, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Hmm

Earth has lower Gravity than Romulus
Similar atmosphere
Some remaining natural resources
and an easily controlled population of SHEEP

Once the Federation is say 50% Romulans (which could happen)
We strike
take control and execute all the Undine
Would we get super powers like Superman

Rihannsu
# 47
03-30-2013, 04:03 AM
Fed, simply because that's where the fleet I'm in is.
Survivor of Romulus
# 48
03-30-2013, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
on a planet with lower gravity and a LOT more oxygen??
actually yes
Career Officer
# 49
03-30-2013, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
on a planet with lower gravity and a LOT more oxygen??
actually yes
That highly depends on how the romulan body reacts to massive doses of Oxygen... It might make them sick...
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Lt. Commander
# 50
03-30-2013, 04:11 AM
FED, of course.