Lt. Commander
# 1 The Romulan Foundry
03-29-2013, 08:55 PM
With the recent Q&A, it mentions that your Romulan character will chose to ally with either the Feds or the Kdf.

Does anyone else think that this choice will also chose what foundry missions you have access to? If you ally with the Feds, you get the Fed foundry etc?

???

Another idea is that maybe the Roms have access to both foundries - now that is an interesting concept, well, in my opinion that is.

Last edited by enterprise629; 03-29-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Captain
# 2
03-29-2013, 09:04 PM
I certainly hope the Romulans get their own Foundry missions!
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-29-2013, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
I certainly hope the Romulans get their own Foundry missions!
Maybe they will! I hope so too!

But with this whole ally thing, I wouldn't be surprised if you'll have access to your ally's foundry as well as their own (if any etc).
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
03-29-2013, 09:11 PM
I, for one, would prefer that Romulans had their own exclusive mission list just like the other two.

It makes sense to me to have them ally with either side. This allows people to be able to get the benefits their fleets have worked so hard for without having to start from scratch. However, this should be an alliance, they are not joining either faction.

It does not makes sense to have Romulans taking Foundry missions from the Federation or KDF lists. These lists contain thousands of missions already that are written specifically with Federation and KDF players in mind, not Romulans.

I want to make Romulan missions, and I want to make them for the Romulan faction only. I do not want to have to make them for Federation or KDF and have to include all kinds of notes saying "This is a mission for Romulan characters" because I know without a doubt that there will be all kinds of players who won't read that note and will 1-star me saying "This didn't make sense for my human Starfleet captain."

In essence, alliances are fine and dandy, but it is a separate faction and some things need to be separate.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-29-2013, 09:16 PM
Hence above in my responce I mention maybe you'll get both.

But only time will tell...

Off topic: Into Darkness all about Klingons, STO update all about Ronulans. I find that funny. XD
Captain
# 6
03-30-2013, 12:10 PM
Definitely agree that Romulans should have a separate Foundry list without Fed or KDF content included.
Rihannsu
# 7
03-30-2013, 12:21 PM
I did note one very curious tidbit about how cross faction teaming will work. Basically the team leader can do any mission that is appropriate for his faction and whoever he is teamed with will play through the missions and get rewards too. BUT not necessarily all rewards. Some things are still faction bound.

What does it have to do with foundry? It (apparently) lets ANYONE play ANY Foundry mission as long as they're teamed with someone who could play it solo.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Empire Veteran
# 8
04-01-2013, 04:28 AM
Is there any official word on when during levelling we have to chose allegiance? And what about foundry access until then? Will we have access to both KDF/FED missions or no access at all?
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-01-2013, 04:44 AM
You choose your allegiance at level 10. After that there are only 2 factions in the game - Federation and Klingons. The Unificationist sub-mini-faction gets some exclusive missions, green ui and some ships. Orions, Gorn, Androrians and Vulkans don't get their own foundry, the Unifictionists won't get it either.
I live in an alternate universe, where j.j. abrams and cryptic never existed,
where R.S.E. is what it always should be.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
04-01-2013, 04:48 AM
Do we have to pick a side? Or an I walk along the line to 50?