Lt. Commander
# 41
03-30-2013, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
That's what I'm talking bout! See, this opens the door wide open for Fed cloaking en masse!
Yeah, sad but true. Federation in STO acting more like their evil mirror counterpart

Unfortunately, when feds get the cloak, this will destroy pvp completely. Imho it is already bad game design that Klinks can stealth so perfectly. The only Klink ships that should have very good stealth are BoPs. All other cloaked vessel should be easily dedectable. Stealth is was and is always a very difficult to balance thing in MMORPGs.
Career Officer
# 42
03-30-2013, 12:42 PM
ya but your pvp base is only 18%? not sure or was it 10%?
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-30-2013, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
ya but your pvp base is only 18%?
And how many % of the PvErs would trade an console slot for an nearly useless ability in PvE? So, it would be only a loss loss situation for cryptic, loosing 18% customers and not making any money from the remaining people.

If I could strip my cloak off my Raptor and put an additional console into it (e.g. Field Generator, Neutronium Alloy or a sweet P2W console), I would do it in PvE.

Last edited by xiphenon; 03-30-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Captain
# 44
03-30-2013, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morkargh117 View Post
The moment Constitutions, Galaxy class and others start cloaking...I will quit this game once and for all. PvP would be boring and stupid, literally why is everyone all for crapping on what little Star Trek is left in this game.
T6 connie = GG idea BUT I want a T6 Galaxy X Dred first... I bought that ship years ago for $20.00 it became completely useless shortly there after.. Lots of work to be done to ships/classes and tiers all the way around.

my join date was 02/03/2010 Kintisho 5,667,083(19,081)-ISA-
also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRATXezr_Tg
Empire Veteran
# 45
03-30-2013, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Now that the Federation and the Romulans are going to be allies in the war against the Klingon empire, it's high time that Starfleet utilize their Romulan friends to accentuate each others' strengths.

Of course I mean ... it's time for the Romulans to start equipping their federation allies fleet with ...

CLOAKING DEVICES!

Have at it canoneers! I want your thoughts on the potential for gain here for both the Romulan Republic and the Federation in their war efforts. Romulan Cloaks on Fed ships! We know it can happen. Kirk stole one. Pressman installed one. And the Romulans made one work on the Defiant. Been there, done that. Testing stages over. Time to mass produce this capability. And make PVP more interesting!
Do you mind? GUESS WHAT? By Canon, when they were allies w/ the peace agreement, they WERE NOT ALLOWED to cloak! You already have a ship that can cloak and if you do get cloak... whree is the canon in that?!?!
R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!

Career Officer
# 46
03-30-2013, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiphenon View Post
And how many % of the PvErs would trade an console slot for an nearly useless ability in PvE? So, it would be only a loss loss situation for cryptic, loosing 18% customers and not making any money from the remaining people.

If I could strip my cloak off my Raptor and put an additional console into it, I would do it in PvE.
yes but your cloak on that raptor is not a console like it is to feds
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Survivor of Romulus
# 47
03-30-2013, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szim View Post
The FEDs don't need to ask the Romulans for a cloaking device. They developped one that is better than anything Klingons or Romulans have. The interphasic cloaking device. I'm sure the schematics are still somewhere around.
except the thing has been prone to failure and sticking ships inside asteroids.... do you really want to accidentally de-cloak INTO the ship your trying to fight? or better yet, accidentally de-cloak into a cloaked ship and both go kaboom.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Survivor of Romulus
# 48
03-30-2013, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spork87 View Post
screw the Romulan cloak, I want the phase cloak.
You want to end up into an asteroid??
Career Officer
# 49
03-30-2013, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
You want to end up into an asteroid??
time for sensors to get a ..... wait for it....... upgrade !!!!!!!!!!!
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Empire Veteran
# 50
03-30-2013, 12:52 PM
Quote:
What are yuo talking about? The Romulans already gave Sisko a cloaking device decades ago. A few Romulan allies, some industrial replicators, some schematics, and viola, Romulan cloaking devices mass manufactured for the federation allies! No need to "strip" anything out of ships. Just lend a helping hand to those helping fix up New Romulus.

Or one of the fed ships that already have cloaking. This just opens the door wider. Amirite?
What are you talking about? If you get claosk from Romulans.. what do us KDF people get? Would you change your mind (if my info is correct) if the empire gets the warp coils if you get the cloak. Who will be sad then?

In all honesty the FED's shoudl not have cloaks... they have too much already. Idk what LOR holds but man you feds gotta stop sucking the targ's milk and begin more solitare in the Fields of Asphostrite and be happy you have what you have.
R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!