Captain
# 51
03-30-2013, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
After using ships with Cloaks almost exclusively for over a year, I can tell you all strait up, they are not all they're cracked up to be.
I think you're mistaken. I've read thousands of posts since this game launched complaining about how OP the cloak is. Let's just even the playing field!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
im for all fed ship having a cloak as well flying romulan ships as well but this game lost all right to use the word cannon years ago I now would love to see a T6 of the constitution why because this game has not been cannon for a long long time
A T6 Connie! That's perfect. It can come with ... that Romulan cloak that Kirk stole as one of its perks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morkargh117 View Post
The moment Constitutions, Galaxy class and others start cloaking...I will quit this game once and for all. PvP would be boring and stupid, literally why is everyone all for crapping on what little Star Trek is left in this game.
Uh, the Galaxy X already has a cloak, so why'd you keep playing the game all these years?
Lt. Commander
# 52
03-30-2013, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
yes but your cloak on that raptor is not a console like it is to feds
Thats my point. If I would play a Fed focused on PvE, I would not spend 2500 Zen for a cloaking device. No $$$ for cryptic.

If I would play a Fed, focused on PvP, I of course would. But I would also notice that 2 teams both cloaked in a PvP match is quite boring. At first, some $$$ for cryptic, but from the point of view in long terms, they loose customers focued on PvP.

Cloaking device can only given to all factions equally if cloaking is massivly reduced in efficency - this should be even the case by now, since cloaking is far to effective and hard to counter. Imagine a MMOPRG, like WoW, where one faction can be completely invisible. From the point of view of game balance, this is just insane.
Career Officer
# 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Now that the Federation and the Romulans are going to be allies in the war against the Klingon empire, it's high time that Starfleet utilize their Romulan friends to accentuate each others' strengths.

Of course I mean ... it's time for the Romulans to start equipping their federation allies fleet with ...

CLOAKING DEVICES!

Have at it canoneers!
In this case... i have to agree.

The Tal'Shiar are shooting at us on sight anyway, and the only legit government now is our Ally, unless the Klingons have a treaty with the romulans to not share the tech because they are allies too... yapp screw it, Battlecloaks for everyone!

If the reason for the Romulans joining is "getting their technology" ... then that should go both ways.

Not saying i want it to happen at all, but from a canon perspective, it makes sense to lift the old Treaty of Algeron, if not now then when?

From a Star Trek storytelling perspective the Episodes where the Defiant relied on the cloaking device had a nice sub marine feeling and it worked well in those episodes, i see no reason to withhold that tech from Starfleet any longer, in particular if D'Tan wants our tech for his Ships.
Captain
# 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
And your head out of your ***

I don't give a rats butt about what Cryptic think... And I am very sad that appearently you can't and won't think for yourself.
What's with all the aggression friend? I must have struck close to the mark to elicit that much venom. Hey chill, it's ok. DStahl and Cryptic already assured us that it's ok. For the past few years they've shared their metrics with us. They're pretty open about what the federation players desire most.
Captain
# 55
03-30-2013, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blagorm View Post
What are you talking about? If you get claosk from Romulans.. what do us KDF people get?
The same thing the KDF has been getting? Promises and hope of something new?
Rihannsu
# 56
03-30-2013, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blagorm View Post
What are you talking about? If you get claosk from Romulans.. what do us KDF people get? Would you change your mind (if my info is correct) if the empire gets the warp coils if you get the cloak. Who will be sad then?

In all honesty the FED's shoudl not have cloaks... they have too much already. Idk what LOR holds but man you feds gotta stop sucking the targ's milk and begin more solitare in the Fields of Asphostrite and be happy you have what you have.
that is something you should ask your new romulan allies what do you get feds got cloaks but I say to you this both fed/kdf should be saying hey I want them blueprints to them romulan ships seeing you are getting ours !
the age of launcher... is over...!! the time of the ARC has come!!!!!!!!!
One ARC to rule them all, One ARC to find them,
One ARC to bring them all and in the darkness bind them!
actual joining date = no one cares!!!!
Empire Veteran
# 57
03-30-2013, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spork87 View Post
screw the Romulan cloak, I want the phase cloak.
Too bad for you the Kar'fi actually has a Phase Shift Generator. I can go right through a Cube!
"Don't Say A Word" About The Empire!
It DOES Need Attention
We Don't Whine, We Bring Up Issues On A Firm Stand

Career Officer
# 58
03-30-2013, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
What's with all the aggression friend? I must have struck close to the mark to elicit that much venom. Hey chill, it's ok. DStahl and Cryptic already assured us that it's ok. For the past few years they've shared their metrics with us. They're pretty open about what the federation players desire most.
I just don't like people calling me a liar... Wich is pretty much what you keep doing...

Couppled with the fact that I think you're wrong, that scores you pretty bad credit
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Empire Veteran
# 59
03-30-2013, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by questerius View Post
I'm going to say what i've said all along: if you paid 2000-2500 zen for a galaxy-X or Defiant-R you should have the option to equip the cloak on any vessel.
Same with KDF ships too huh? Like you even though of that... seeing a LG KDF ship cloak that is powerful enough without the cloak?
"Don't Say A Word" About The Empire!
It DOES Need Attention
We Don't Whine, We Bring Up Issues On A Firm Stand

Captain
# 60
03-30-2013, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
I just don't like people calling me a liar... Wich is pretty much what you keep doing...
I never called you a liar. (Though you did call me one). I simply cited Cryptic's own statements and the data they use to back them up. It's what the devs and DStahl keep saying and posting, year in and year out. Not me. Them.

Quote:
Couppled with the fact that I think you're wrong, that scores you pretty bad credit
I should have the Quatloos needed to cover that.