Captain
Look, I make big, long missions and I put a huge amount of work into them in order to make this game better for free; because I want to.

A big part of that process is live testing my massively long missions DOZENS of times to get things right, shake out bugs, come up with new ideas for them, et al.

I deserve to get the foundry rewards for playing them since I rarely get to play the game at all when working on my missions outside of this. We're logged on, we're playing, that's all they care about--how is it unreasonable for us to get the rewards for playing our own missions?

Last edited by ajstoner; 03-30-2013 at 02:16 AM.
Captain
# 2
03-30-2013, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoner View Post
Look, I make big, long missions and I put a huge amount of work into them in order to make this game better for free; because I want to.

A big part of that process is live testing my massively long missions DOZENS of times to get things right, shake out bugs, come up with new ideas for them, et al.

I deserve to get the foundry rewards for playing them since I rarely get to play the game at all when working on my missions outside of this. We're logged on, we're playing, that's all they care about--how is it unreasonable for us to get the rewards for playing our own missions?
Couldn't agree more. We as authors place a huge amount of time into making these missions, playtesting, refining, etc. And then when it's released, bugfixes and spellchecks.

We should get some form of compensation for our hard work. Knowing the current state of affairs in STO (aka "Grind Grind Grind!"), players feel that even a tip is too much to pay for someone's foundry mission. We need additional assistance from teh game we are contributing towards.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-30-2013, 08:37 AM
I totally agree. People put in so much time into these missions, and they deserve payment. Adding rewards to creating foundry missions might also attract people to trying out the foundry, which would be an additional bonus.
Real Join Date: Jan 2012
Lieutenant, Fleet Cron-Beta
Captain
# 4
03-30-2013, 12:08 PM
Couldn't really care less. I don't make content for some minor Dilithium reward; I make it because I enjoy making it and the idea that people will enjoy playing it.
Captain
# 5
03-31-2013, 08:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ICpoWtFFzc

Yeah I did a thread on this subject a few months ago. You really let your gameplay go when you soak up time in the foundry an a dil payoff would be nice.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
03-31-2013, 08:45 AM
While I do agree that missions should give the same rewards to their authors as they do any other player, it is not high on my personal wish list for the Foundry as I do not look at it from a time-reward standpoint. I enjoy making missions enough that I don't need reward. But as I said I do agree this is a change that should be made.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-31-2013, 10:15 AM
I find it funny that while play testing in the foundry my foundry character gets Dilithium.
(on completion of last objective.)

Though I think that's a guide on how much it'll give once published. *not sure on that so don't quote me on that.
Career Officer
# 8
03-31-2013, 01:22 PM
If Cryptic is going to reward us by running through our maps all the time, then everyone would do a one objective map and just run it over and over and over... and over again.

Other words, it would easly be abused.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
03-31-2013, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apulse View Post
If Cryptic is going to reward us by running through our maps all the time, then everyone would do a one objective map and just run it over and over and over... and over again.

Other words, it would easly be abused.
One-clicks don't give any rewards anymore. I think all that's being asked is that when authors run their own missions, they should be treated like any player. If the mission qualifies they get the rewards associated with that.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic

Last edited by drogyn1701; 03-31-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-31-2013, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
One-clicks don't give any rewards anymore. I think all that's being asked is that when authors run their own missions, they should be treated like any player. If the mission qualifies they get the rewards associated with that.
Another reason guys is because even the authors enjoy their own missions, well, why wouldn't they? Some may role play with their fleets or friends, on top of testing and what not yet get no rewards and others do.

It would encourage authors to play through, just like any other player to see what needs improving or fixed while gaining a slight reward too for doing so.

It would be nice, but I don't know if it'll happen. But with the recent X amount of time reward, it looks like we're getting closer to this, somehow.