Republic Veteran
# 12
03-30-2013, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendra3780 View Post
Same here

Ok, I think I have to spell it out for you:

Solution 1 (reply 1): Grant dialog gives the mission objectives

Solution 2 (reply 1): Deep space meeting (meaning door in sector space)

Solution 3 (reply 2):
Map 1, ESD social map
Map 2, Your custom lower section
Map 3, Your custom Sol system new space map
Map 4, Your custom warp transition/arrival space map

Solution 4 (reply 2):
Map 1, ESD social map
Map 2, Your custom lower section
Map 3, Your custom Earth Space Dock New indoor map. Spawn at the point the player enters the lower section.
Map 4, Your custom Sol system new space map.
Map 5, Your custom warp transition/arrival space map

That is all I can think of right now. There, I gave you 4 answers already that can counter your problem.

Here is the 5th answer:
You may also take the mission into 2 parts. Part one starts as you use the lower section and ends when you leave the lower section. With that you will end up at the exact point you started the mission. Meaning social ESD map, lower section entrance.
The you look up the 2nd part of the mission and continue playing.
But that is a completely stupid idea.
And the problem is, you haven't actually explained how to do any of this mechanically. It's like telling me to go change the distributor in a car without telling me how to do that, even though you know I have no experience with such things.

How plainly must I spell out "I'm a complete noob to the Foundry, and all of this confuses the hell out of me"?

The problem I am having is simple: I have no idea how to gracefully move the player off of a map, regardless of the spawn point on the next map.
____
STO community Doom-O-Meter: |||||||||
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-30-2013, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commanderkassy View Post
And the problem is, you haven't actually explained how to do any of this mechanically. It's like telling me to go change the distributor in a car without telling me how to do that, even though you know I have no experience with such things.

How plainly must I spell out "I'm a complete noob to the Foundry, and all of this confuses the hell out of me"?

The problem I am having is simple: I have no idea how to gracefully move the player off of a map, regardless of the spawn point on the next map.
Wait a sec, you don't know how to use the foundry properly yet, but worry about tiny details that may or may not break immersion?
If I were you, I'd play around with foundry stuff and watch all the tutorials until I feel comfortable with the toolset and know most of the possibilities and limitations. Only THEN I would start to design the mission. It is very easy to run into problems that can't be solved in the foundry and very likely result the minor or major rewrite of the mission.

I can't recommend any specific tutorial about map transitions, never watched any of them. However, I'm 100% sure that you will find some good ones at starbaseUGC.
Republic Veteran
# 14
03-30-2013, 09:24 AM
What can I say, I like doing things the hard way.
____
STO community Doom-O-Meter: |||||||||