Commander
The possiblity of a future Cardassian/Dominion faction is something they mentioned and its got me excited.

What would you like to see for this faction if/when they do it?
Career Officer
# 2
03-30-2013, 06:19 AM
Jumping the gun a little, aren't you?

Yes, it was mentioned as a possibility, but honestly, if such a faction is to follow in the footsteps of this Romulan catastrophe, then I'd rather them leave it well alone. I'd much rather never play as a Cardassian/Jem Hadar/Vorta that I would to play as one that is being forced to pick a side between the Federation or Klingons.

The perfect opportunity here would have been for Cryptic to leave the Romulan as Neutral. Sure, they'd have skirmishes with the Klingons, and maybe even some Federation forces (Section 31 for all we know) but they should never have been inducted into this stupid war.
Commander
# 3
03-30-2013, 07:13 AM
Honestly that doesn't bother me.
Captain
# 4
03-30-2013, 07:14 AM
I really think people should seriously consider requests for additional factions when looking at what has and will be delivered first. Because in all likelihood, that's what we will get at best.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
03-30-2013, 07:37 AM
I can't see it happening personally seeing as half their fleets ships have been tucked into lockboxes...
Element CKY Electric

"similar to our already generous free-to-play philosophy" - Insert Keith Lemon laugh
Career Officer
# 6
03-30-2013, 07:49 AM
This whole war nonsense has been the bane of the game from the start. It seems to have completely straitjacketed the game and the story in many ways. I dont think it would be so bad if the war actually did something, but all the best parts are where there fed and kdf are allied again anyway (Borg encounters etc.)
Career Officer
# 7
03-30-2013, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecangetlost View Post
This whole war nonsense has been the bane of the game from the start. It seems to have completely straitjacketed the game and the story in many ways. I dont think it would be so bad if the war actually did something, but all the best parts are where there fed and kdf are allied again anyway (Borg encounters etc.)
The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend and all that?

The Klingons and Federation want to fight each other (the Klingons want to conquer the Federation, the Federation want to attempt peace (again) with the Klingons). The Borg want to assimilate everything, and everyone. They are the bigger threat.
Captain
# 8
03-30-2013, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
Jumping the gun a little, aren't you?
Not really. The official poll a few years ago had the Cardassians coming in second behind the Romulans as "What faction would you like to play after the Klingons?"

Quote:
Yes, it was mentioned as a possibility, but honestly, if such a faction is to follow in the footsteps of this Romulan catastrophe, then I'd rather them leave it well alone. I'd much rather never play as a Cardassian/Jem Hadar/Vorta that I would to play as one that is being forced to pick a side between the Federation or Klingons.
The Carfedians, Jem'Hadarfleet and Fedta would all be welcome additions to the UFP as they gear up to smash the Tholians once and for all!
Captain
# 9
03-30-2013, 09:17 AM
Well, when you consider that the Rom Faction is basically what Dan talked about a year, or so, back: a Micro-Faction, I do not see an issue with more species becoming Micro-Factions in the future.

In this timeline the Cardassains have already petitioned to join the Federation, so you probably wouldn't want them as a Micro-Fraction. I can see the True Way falling into the category, though - along with the Undine, Mirror Universe, Ferengi, and so on.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 10
03-30-2013, 09:28 AM
Personally, I would have loved to have seen a newly aggressive Dominion playable faction, where the player is part of an invasion force back through the wormhole. Or maybe the part of the Alpha Jem'Hadar forces.

Either way, it would be tough since their core ships have been sharked out as Lockbox ships.