Career Officer
# 1 UI Alert additions
05-09-2013, 09:22 AM
With the all the new wonderful & awesome updates to the UI I have was wondering if its possible to had a green alert and yellow alert.

If you wondering why why these other alerts? Roll playing reasons, some missions do not require weapons or shields, and maybe add increase to stealth or diplomacy feature where having weapons up will be consider hostile act therefore you would be at yellow alert till fire upon.

Honestly there times where I am sneaking around in my ship and accidently hit the spacebar and blow my cover and be easier for me if my weapons were just off till they are needed.
Republic Veteran
# 2
05-09-2013, 09:28 AM
No, already been asked and no was the answer since Yellow alert means nothing.

Commander
# 3
05-09-2013, 11:45 AM
This is an interesting idea. I agree yellow alert means nothing, so it can just be red alert toggle on/off, lose the other two. This could have function in sector space like the diplomatic immuniy buff for yourself, for example.
VA Makbure
The 47th Defense Division Special Ops
Commander
# 4
05-09-2013, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
No, already been asked and no was the answer since Yellow alert means nothing.
A yellow alert or condition yellow was the second highest alert signal status on Starfleet vessels, one stage below red alert. It designated a ship-wide state of increased preparedness for possible crisis situations- Memory Alpha

Apparently it does mean something
Captain
# 5
05-09-2013, 03:49 PM
I use the power settings, Engines for Condition Green, Shields for Yellow Alert, and Weapons for Red Alert. Closest I can come to recreating the alert system.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Career Officer
# 6
05-09-2013, 06:09 PM
It means shields up but no weapons. If you played Starfleet Command and other Star Trek games you would know the difference between the different alerts/conditions.
Republic Veteran
# 7
05-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by startrek1234567 View Post
A yellow alert or condition yellow was the second highest alert signal status on Starfleet vessels, one stage below red alert. It designated a ship-wide state of increased preparedness for possible crisis situations- Memory Alpha

I know what yellow means.

Yellow alert means nothing in the game since its a pointless thing to have since it does not matter.

Commander
# 8
05-09-2013, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by startrek1234567 View Post

Talking about STO, yellow alert means nothing. If you want to introduce a new system for pre-combat, give some examples. What is posted on Memory Alpha from the series means nothing here in STO land. I like the idea myself, but the three stages have to do something.

Example:

Status Green - shields are off/at zero power, weapons at zero power, engines at 125, turn rate is doubled, quantum slipstream lasts longer when on.

Status Yellow - shields up, all power levels back to what they are for in-combat, yellow alert grants a buff that takes all abilities off of the global CD for a few seconds, 30 minute CD, not usable in any PvP map or Kerrat.

Status Red - what it is now.

The problem I have with yellow alert is that there are lots of places in the game where you enter a fight that's already started. No way yellow alert should be used. Not sure what else to say about it.
VA Makbure
Career Officer
# 9
05-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Its simply just to have everything ready to go for a fight without having weapons. If you played previous star trek games you know how it works. This post is not for you and get off my thread.
Commander
# 10
05-09-2013, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthgranic View Post
Its simply just to have everything ready to go for a fight without having weapons. If you played previous star trek games you know how it works. This post is not for you and get off my thread.
Yellow alert means nothing, it's not that simple, everything is already at a state of readiness, you're asking for a UI feature that doesn't really do anything.

And dude, if you want to roleplay, you don't need a change or addition to the UI to roleplay.
VA Makbure

Last edited by makbure; 05-09-2013 at 09:15 PM.