Career Officer
So Cryptic fears that if they make a 3rd faction that they will end up like Klingons with a 18% or less playerbase, and KDF queue numbers would even suffer from a 3rd Faction (makes no sense, the Klingons that are here are not going anywhere.)

OK

lets push ALL Romulans to the KDF side of things -> then we have maybe two 50% factions and finally can look more into KDF C-Store items and an Open PVP war might actually be feasible by player numbers.

The former Sela - Duras connection could be used for this very well and fit nicely to canon.

And FYI: KDF Endgame is better than FED Endgame,
they have better daily quests (more dil for doing the SAME stuff) and i take Marauding > Diplomacy any day for DOffing.

but of course that brainfart won't happen because everybody wants Elite Fleet PHASERS for their Romulans instead of Disruptors ....oh wait, that makes more sense too.

Remind me why would anyone want Romulans on FED side instead of KDF?
If all Romulans get moved to the KDF queues the argument that their queues are moving slower would be over and i cant think of any other argument really.

/discuss
Captain
# 2
03-30-2013, 07:08 AM
Yes this is a great idea. But it will never happen. sorry it's a waste of a thread.
Career Officer
# 3
03-30-2013, 07:09 AM
You know as well as me, that its too late to change anything about the Romulan faction.,
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Captain
# 4
03-30-2013, 07:10 AM
It would make alot more sense PvP-wise if the Republic as a whole would ally with the Klingon Empire and would not make it up to her commanders to ally themselves to whoever they want.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-30-2013, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
/discuss
Discuss what? It is not a crazy idea, it's a stupid one, and is not happening.
Career Officer
# 6
I can support this, but there'd have to be a way for Feds to at least get access to Warbirds, or at least their singularity core thing/mechanic/magic.
----
Captain
# 7
The only reason I even play fed is because I like to actually play PvE and PvP queues with other human beings. If this new thing makes this more feasible then I'm all for it.

Yes KDF endgame can be more fun in some aspects, but the grind is harder because you miss out on things like specialty vendors and the small fleet problem is compounded due to lack of players.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Career Officer
# 8
03-30-2013, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigadooom View Post
I can support this, but there'd have to be a way for Feds to at least get access to Warbirds, or at least their singularity core thing/mechanic/magic.
FEDs will get C-Store / Elite Fleet Warpcores soon enough, greed for money and greed for power creep will make it happen sooner than later. Romulans are just the first to get that Slot. In Fact Geko has already tweeted stuff about Warpcores.

And no... i don't see a reason why FED or KDF Faction players need Romulan Ships... that makes as much sense as handing a Galaxy or Odyssey Class to the Klingons or a Bird of Prey to the FEDs.
Empire Veteran
# 9
03-30-2013, 07:22 AM
Why would any of the new romulans join the kdf?
Less missions, ships, customization.
Unles you force the romulans to join the kdf, the kdf will remember the "good old days of the 18%"
Captain
# 10
03-30-2013, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
Why would any of the new romulans join the kdf?
Less missions, ships, customization.
Unles you force the romulans to join the kdf, the kdf will remember the "good old days of the 18%"
Lol because they want to be isolationist and xenophobic, which is what happens when you are part of a shunned minority.

Perfect for Romulans.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin