Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,499
# 11
03-30-2013, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
Less missions, ships, customization.
-> Missions: Romulans get new missions that carry you from level 1 to 40 and then the Featured Episodes start. The Mission Journal stays faction specific for Romulans, you can team / coop play FED/KDF missions but you will not get any of the special faction specific item rewards. As of dStahl.

And honestly, who wants to play OLD Fed / KDF missions anyway?
And Endgame, STFs / Reputation etc. is all the same for both factions. So nope, "more missions" doesn't really count.

Ships -> you want to fly FED / KDF ships with your Romulan? WHY? The only reason to have access to those at all is to get the C-Store consoles that you already bought and then dismiss them... i would expect a C-Store Romulan fleet and no access to already purchased +1 console Ships... but thats just me.

Customization -> ...Romulan Ships will have their own stuff, don't care if FED or KDF here.


But ok i guess it is a selling point if you get new Players joining the game, starting a Romulan and then be able to buy a Fleet Galaxy Class for $20 instead of a Fleet Warbird for $20 ... options.

I think that's silly, if you want FED / KDF Ships then you play that faction and not the Romulans... but whatever.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,228
# 12
03-30-2013, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
Why would any of the new romulans join the kdf?
Less missions, ships, customization.
Unles you force the romulans to join the kdf, the kdf will remember the "good old days of the 18%"
Just having more of something doesn't make it better.

The KDF have some of the best mission content in the game, the Fek'hiri episodes for example are brilliant. They also have some of the best ships in the game, better dailies and doff missions. And Qu'nos is just a nicer place to be than ESD.

I'm going to take advantage of Cryptics decision and have my new Reman toon align to the KDF, then I can enjoy all the new content through him.
Tion Sorahn - Federation Engineer
- - - - -
STB Channel Member
- - - - -
"Something everyone always forgets, all grind is optional"
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,152
# 13
03-30-2013, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
And no... i don't see a reason why FED or KDF Faction players need Romulan Ships... that makes as much sense as handing a Galaxy or Odyssey Class to the Klingons or a Bird of Prey to the FEDs.
Cryptic Logic ~ it fails every time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 157
# 14
03-30-2013, 07:37 AM
I think it would probably reduce overall Romulan uptake, though not necessarily by the whole percentage that would have gone Fed otherwise. You're right that, as far as gameplay items, KDF makes somewhat more sense than Romulans, but there are setting connections to support becoming peons to either side so... eh.
SQUIRREL!
-----------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Sarcastic Venom Award!!!!
Bitter old mollusc since before the forum change.
Ensign
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 13
# 15
03-30-2013, 07:43 AM
Hahahaha... no. Keep your live-in alien pigs off my D'deridex.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 233
# 16
03-30-2013, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
So Cryptic fears that if they make a 3rd faction that they will end up like Klingons with a 18% or less playerbase, and KDF queue numbers would even suffer from a 3rd Faction (makes no sense, the Klingons that are here are not going anywhere.)


OK

lets push ALL Romulans to the KDF side of things -> then we have maybe two 50% factions and finally can look more into KDF C-Store items and an Open PVP war might actually be feasible by player numbers.


The former Sela - Duras connection could be used for this very well and fit nicely to canon.

And FYI: KDF Endgame is better than FED Endgame,
they have better daily quests (more dil for doing the SAME stuff) and i take Marauding > Diplomacy any day for DOffing.


but of course that brainfart won't happen because everybody wants Elite Fleet PHASERS for their Romulans instead of Disruptors ....oh wait, that makes more sense too.


Remind me why would anyone want Romulans on FED side instead of KDF?
If all Romulans get moved to the KDF queues the argument that their queues are moving slower would be over and i cant think of any other argument really.

/discuss
nope, and for a few reasons i can think off of the top of my head. Following the destruction of Romulas the Klingon Empire invaded and slaughtered many Romulans. Also lets add to the fact that Romulan's hate Klingons, that has been a constant for 100+ years at this point.

The Romulan stratagy is also to side with who is stronger, they are survivalists and the Federation is in a much stronger position right now than the Klingons. Let's also consider the Unification of Vulcan's and Romulan's this is a current agenda of the new Republic so why would they cast aside there long term goals?

As for world PVP no thank you, I have no interest in open world PVP, how would you implement it, that you could attack on sight? I'm sorry but nope, and the other method is manually flagging for PVP which also won't work people don't tend to flag themselves, and Cryptic will not make another server just for PVP to occur you can keep dreaming though.

Also lets not forget that as much as the PVP community likes to think, the core of the game is not centered on PVP, its on grinding things, and grinding is PVE not PVP. Most players strictly do PVE content as well so balancing the game around PVP is a terrible idea.

In the end there are far more reasons why no Romulan would ever wan't to work with a Klingon than with one.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,499
# 17
03-30-2013, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miaxi View Post
Hahahaha... no. Keep your live-in alien pigs off my D'deridex.
if you are talking about DOffs and BOffs... i intend to not let anything but Romulans on board anyway, no matter what side.

I have too many Dosi, Wadi and Bajorans on my 10 Characters already to make it feel like a wild mish mash ...uncanny.

Being a racist DOffer is real hard...
Jem'Hadar char -> has a very hard time getting an Jemmy DOffs at all.
Ferengi char in D'Kora -> lots of GREEN ferengi, very few Purple... no way to upgrade lower DOffs to higher Ferengi DOffs... *stuck*
Cardassian in Galor -> well there is the Cardassian Officer Exchange, but with 28 hours duration and low Purple chance it may take years to get 400 Purples without the Exchange out of that ONE assignment... at least it's moving forward constantly (and with 6 chars in the same faction i can email all Cardies to my Spoonhead too...)

Orion and Gorn chars at least have the option to upgrade DOffs on the species specific up-grinders... i'm just not doing that for so much Dilithium while there are free ways in the game, slow progress here, but progress.


I will throw every non-romulan off my Warbird. mark my words!
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 18
03-30-2013, 08:00 AM
Or just DELETE PVP forever

Remember the Romulans are not going to take orders from the wimp in charge of the Federation OR The imbred incharge of the Empire

They are going to be allys
if anyone was going to be absorbed it should be the federation
Ensign
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 13
# 19
03-30-2013, 08:06 AM
I was talking about the actual alien pigs klingons breed on their ships because they like their food fresh, also known as Targ, but your point is good, too.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../f/fe/Targ.jpg
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 207
# 20
03-30-2013, 08:13 AM
And rob the player of one of the first meaningful choices they've ever been allowed to make in the ongoing development of their character? No thanks.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:57 AM.