Captain
# 51
04-01-2013, 01:57 AM
Why is this ridiculous? Both sides, Feds and Klingons are helping the Romulans building their new home. It would be a gigantic stupidity to fund the construction of military facilities if every new Romulan captain was limited to joining the Klingon side of the war.
Empire Veteran
# 52
04-01-2013, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szim View Post
Why is this ridiculous? Both sides, Feds and Klingons are helping the Romulans building their new home. It would be a gigantic stupidity to fund the construction of military facilities if every new Romulan captain was limited to joining the Klingon side of the war.
Why? Because Romulans aren't supposed to be pacifists. I'm not a fan of the "republic" idea either. It sounds like a cheap happy end.
Career Officer
# 53
04-01-2013, 03:01 AM
Klingon Empire is already multiethnic society with minor native klingons
There are find home many species discriminate by arogant Federation,it is half dead empire without identity.

Their space is best option for poor romulans in Reman Republic(yes Reman no Romulan)
Captain
# 54
04-01-2013, 03:05 AM
It doesn't really seem fair for players to have to choose KDF if they want to paly Romulans, D'Tan is a reunificationist, after all. It doesn't seem fair for players to have to ally with the federation because, after all, the KDF has a small enough playerbase as it is. Having Romulan players have a choice between the two of them isn't fair because it divides the faction down the middle, with Romulan KDF and Romulan FED being unable to build their starbases together with Rommies of the other faction, whiel being good buddies with whatever faction they ally with. Quite frankly, it's unfair to force Romulan players to choose at all, because they should have their own faction, and not be consigned to being addons to the existing factions.
Lt. Commander
# 55
04-03-2013, 04:29 AM
Apart from the fact that I tied to play fed several times and deleted the character in disgust... Leveled 2 KDF aliens from lvl 6 to 50 (its a shame that after my return the 2nd character was upped from lvl 18 to 21, but made enough xp so far to have reached the 50 anyways).

The most logical course of action would seem to me is to make remans join KDF and Romulans the Feds.

This alliance between the Remans and Romulans will never last, not after centuries of having a master/slave connection.
Rihannsu
# 56
04-03-2013, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
More dilithium. Disruptor instead of phaser. Good c-store consoles. And the FED gameplay is a bit boring (= be a good guy but please kill those 100k men aboard the enemy ships).

OP's idea is great, but it won't happen because cryptic promised the possibility to play a Fed Romulan. I know this sounds a bit ridiculous but now it's too late.
this!

i just hope there are enough people which will join KDF with their Romulans, so that it would be easier to get into queued content (Big Dig, Breaking the Planet, and so on...)

or that Cryptic finally makes the whole endgame go cross faction (so the only difference would be the Episodes missions, PVP and fleets)
Captain
# 57
04-03-2013, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
So Cryptic fears that if they make a 3rd faction that they will end up like Klingons with a 18% or less playerbase, and KDF queue numbers would even suffer from a 3rd Faction (makes no sense, the Klingons that are here are not going anywhere.)

OK

lets push ALL Romulans to the KDF side of things -> then we have maybe two 50% factions and finally can look more into KDF C-Store items and an Open PVP war might actually be feasible by player numbers.

The former Sela - Duras connection could be used for this very well and fit nicely to canon.

And FYI: KDF Endgame is better than FED Endgame,
they have better daily quests (more dil for doing the SAME stuff) and i take Marauding > Diplomacy any day for DOffing.

but of course that brainfart won't happen because everybody wants Elite Fleet PHASERS for their Romulans instead of Disruptors ....oh wait, that makes more sense too.

Remind me why would anyone want Romulans on FED side instead of KDF?
If all Romulans get moved to the KDF queues the argument that their queues are moving slower would be over and i cant think of any other argument really.

/discuss

how about lets not do that.

What you ommit is the fact that a romulan faction might attract new players which never seen anything in sto because it lacked one of the principal races to play.

klingons are not attracktive as a faction. The whole Lore, Honor and tradition Proud warrior race stuff tends to annoy many people. I know it does annoy me. My klinkers are the better farmer in all aspect,s yet i do not like to play them. Because it sucks to be part of the klingon faction and get all this crap thrown at you at every time.

And the torches. fckn TORCHES EVERYWHERE.
Rihannsu
# 58
04-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reynoldsxd View Post
how about lets not do that.

What you ommit is the fact that a romulan faction might attract new players which never seen anything in sto because it lacked one of the principal races to play.

klingons are not attracktive as a faction. The whole Lore, Honor and tradition Proud warrior race stuff tends to annoy many people. I know it does annoy me. My klinkers are the better farmer in all aspect,s yet i do not like to play them. Because it sucks to be part of the klingon faction and get all this crap thrown at you at every time.

And the torches. fckn TORCHES EVERYWHERE.
I agree. I don't like Klingons. My avatar is a Lib Borg, I've never made a Klingon char. My main KDF char is an Orion.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lieutenant
# 59
04-03-2013, 11:43 AM
Romulans will be a faction divided, forcing to join KDF is the best option to avoid that. FED is the most dangerous enemy in STO. Its just my opinion.