Lt. Commander
# 1 The Romulans our poor cousins
03-31-2013, 09:42 AM
Ok from the back story it makes sense for Cryptic to have the Rommies join either the KDF or Feds at lvl 10. But how are the Romulan players going to feel just being an extension of the 2 other factions with limited identity of their own?

I'm hoping they did it this way just to get the Romulans introduced then at some point in the future they will evolve to be a faction in their own right with their own fleets, equipment, ships, etc.

I'm not really keen on the Romulans getting access to gear from the other factions, if the stuff from other factions is available to you then why play that faction? Ships, weapons, consoles, etc. should be faction specific stuff to make that faction unique to play. If none of the factions are unique then any faction will do to play and you won't have a spread of players across all factions.

It was awful nice of us to invite the Romulans to our war, splintering the Romulans even further as they choose sides. Hopefully this will be the catalyst that makes the Romulans give both the Federation and Klingon Empire the middle finger and declare war on both.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
03-31-2013, 10:12 AM
Romulans our poor cousins?!?

Are we talking about the same people that told Cryptic to make the KDF an ally subfaction of the Feds. and make a Romulan faction instead?
Have we become Vulcans??

I'll have some of that vintage bloodwine you're having!
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!

Last edited by shpoks; 03-31-2013 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Edited to state that the post is in char. and does not reflect my feelings toward the people that are Romulan fans.
Captain
# 3
03-31-2013, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumstar View Post
But how are the Romulan players going to feel just being an extension of the 2 other factions with limited identity of their own?
When a lot of, how did they call it, ah yes, "KDF WHINERS" told the diehard Romulan fans not to trust Cryptic, that they couldn't do a proper second faction for three years, the "KDF WHINERS" were told to put a cork in it.

Some went so far as to say that all they cared about was simply having the ability to "exist."

So at this point I wouldn't worry about the Romulan faction. They have their issues with Cryptic to deal with. And the KDF still has troubles of its own.
Career Officer
# 4
03-31-2013, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
When a lot of, how did they call it, ah yes, "KDF WHINERS" told the diehard Romulan fans not to trust Cryptic, that they couldn't do a proper second faction for three years, the "KDF WHINERS" were told to put a cork in it.

Some went so far as to say that all they cared about was simply having the ability to "exist."

So at this point I wouldn't worry about the Romulan faction. They have their issues with Cryptic to deal with. And the KDF still has troubles of its own.
Well, at least the forums have 3-way PvP now !
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Rihannsu
# 5
03-31-2013, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Have we become Vulcans??
Its only logical to reach such conclusion, after all both Klingons and Romulans have ridges on their forehead

As the Klingons say ... Live long and prosper.
Captain
# 6
03-31-2013, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjunior View Post
Technically isn't it more of a 4 way.

you have FED vs KDF vs ROM vs Cryptic.

In all seriousness though, while I am slightly disheartened by the ideas being heard from Cryptic, I am reserving judgement until I actually get to play a Romulan.

My understanding is that Romulans will get unique storyline missions up to level 40. Which if you look at the FED side is pretty much were all the agnostic stuff is. So it might not be as bad as people think.

Now could it all be smoke and mirrors. Sure, but I choose to be hopeful until Cryptic proves me wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-31-2013, 11:13 AM
Quote:

Are we talking about the same people that told Cryptic to make the KDF an ally subfaction of the Feds. and make a Romulan faction instead?
Have we become Vulcans??

Lol, yes we are talking about those same folks who in order to get their beloved Romulan faction would throw the KDF under the bus. But we do need other factions in order for this game to grow, factions that are true factions and not tacked on to the existing ones. While a pointy eared bi-polar elf may not be my choice of character to play others do like them. Still others are hoping for a Cardassian faction because they like the spoonheads and I desperately hope this isn't a trend and eventually they too get created then tacked on as well. My main concern is that it dilutes faction specific content. Nothing sparks my ire more than to see an idiot Fed wielding a bat'leth. In ground pvp I target those 1st and I even say "Lay down the bat'leth and I won't kill you as badly." But they never listen so I take great joy in killing them over and over.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-31-2013, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjunior View Post
Snoggy wasn't PvP'ing he was philosifying on the truth.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-31-2013, 11:32 AM
Quote:

Have we become Vulcans??

I don't drink bloodwine but I can offer you some Romulan ale. And what's wrong with Vulcans? They make perfect slaves, resigned to their fate and docile. Also its like having a walking encyclopedia, never can tell when you may want to know some obscure fact. Being an Orion pirate, smuggler, trader, slaver I try to see the best in whatever it is I acquire. I suspect the price of Romulan ale will drop drastically once they start joining us, sigh... there goes my profits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post

Yes the Romulans will have an uphill battle if Cryptic goes through with their plans for them and they wish to become a faction in their own right. I will support them in this because I can remember our own battle with Cryptic and how our brother faction did not support us, on the contrary they at every opportunity kicked us while we were down.

Last edited by magnumstar; 03-31-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-31-2013, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
Technically isn't it more of a 4 way.
4 way? Are you sure you're not green?