Captain
# 21
03-30-2013, 11:52 AM
Well, there are also plans to make a Romulan Lockbox that drops Romulan ships that non-Romulans can pick up, so it work both ways i.e.- a mess.
Career Officer
# 22
03-30-2013, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Hell no - I know our fleet won't be accepting any Romulan players and building them ships - if the existing members don't have equal access.

So a Romulan player can come into a fleet - go to your base and have access to buy a Romulan ship - a Fed ship or a KDF ship

But the players that built the base are restricted to only the ships of their existing faction? HELL NO!
Meanwhile other fleets will gladly be accepting these people making your "boycott" pointless.
Welcome, accountlinksux.
You last visited: 12-31-1969 at 04:00 PM
Captain
# 23
03-30-2013, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Ain't that the truth! Still if enough fleets boycott romulan players if they get dual ship/gear capability it will become a big problem for Cryptic.
I'll personally welcome any Romulan player denied access to a Fed fleet on those grounds into my own.

Things I care about in people joining my fleet:
1) Willingness to talk and engage in teamed missions
2) Willingness to contribute to fleet projects

Things I don't care about in people joining my fleet:
1) Whether or not they get access to a few more things than I do
Captain
# 24
03-30-2013, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzagiow View Post
As I've been saying equipment is 1 thing but the factional ship swapping is another bad idea
Romulans having dual ship capability will turn into a very ugly situation. All those players who don't want to roll a romulan will now be second class citizen in their OWN fleet!

So my shipyard will be able to build a romulan toon his Fleet Romulan ship and his ship from my existing faction - went all I can do is build him his ships which I don't get to fly?

So the players contributing to the bases provisions get to see the new Romulan players - using those provisions for stuff they can't get?(unless they ditch the toon they invested so heavily in and roll a romulan)

I see a HUGE problem with this.
Captain
# 25
03-30-2013, 12:07 PM
Man, the more I read this topic the more I'm becoming convinced it's all guessing, nay-saying, and doom-and-gloom talk based on speculation.

We need more details.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Republic Veteran
# 26
03-30-2013, 12:19 PM
besides, if you go into a fleet your already well acquainted with and have aided to build the base, why would it matter if you grind up some fleet creds with your rom alt to buy some toys?

chances are thats what most roms will do anyway. join a fleet they are already in. I hope to do it with my new rom alt when i make one.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Republic Veteran
# 27
03-30-2013, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Romulans having dual ship capability will turn into a very ugly situation. All those players who don't want to roll a romulan will now be second class citizen in their OWN fleet!

So my shipyard will be able to build a romulan toon his Fleet Romulan ship and his ship from my existing faction - went all I can do is build him his ships which I don't get to fly?

So the players contributing to the bases provisions get to see the new Romulan players - using those provisions for stuff they can't get?(unless they ditch the toon they invested so heavily in and roll a romulan)

I see a HUGE problem with this.
It's a huge problem if every one can get each others factional ships
Commander
# 28
03-30-2013, 12:47 PM
Quote:
If this is the case then Fed/KDF characters must have access to Romulan ships/gear.

There is no way that our Fleetbases should be building out Romulan ships and gear for the Romulan only players in the fleet.

That would be an OUTRAGE! To expect that our built up bases produce Romulan ships/gear but existing fleet members don't get access to it unless they roll a romulan?

But Romulan Charaters will have access to Fed ships/Romulan ships/KDF ships?

Tell me this is not the case?

If it is the case - fleets should boycott the production of any Romulan ships/gear!

I am hoping Cryptic won't be so stupid as to allow Romulan characters access to Fed/KDF ships and equipment but not the other way around.

This needs some clarification.
Okay, do you want a lore answer or a game mechanics answer? Not sure, okay, I'll give you both.

From a lore standpoint, use of Federation/Klingon equipment and ships is the trade off those entities choose to make in exchange for the highly skilled captains and crews that ally with them.

From a game mechanic standpoint, the majority of STO players are end game players and the majority of decisions that Cryptic makes will be to hold the interest and finesse funds from those end game players. By allowing Romulans access to the +1 ship consoles, ships, and Starbases that these players have invested the time and money to develop, they make it more enticing for that existing end-game player to roll up his sleeves and start a level 1 Romulan.

And I think this deserves to be talked about more. You're speaking as if some entirely new player is going to join your fleet and, because he has a couple more ship choices than you, turn you into a second class citizen. But it won't be some new player joining your fleet, oh no, that Romulan will be played by Bob, the guy who's been in your fleet forever. And Bob has been investing dilithium, time and sweat into building that Starbase just the same as you have. So cut Bob some slack.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-30-2013, 12:50 PM
Definitely not feeling the cross faction access. If they aren't complete, then don't release them until they are complete, with their own ships, starbases, fleets, etc. I have every intention of rolling a Romulan, I've been saving a character slot for over two years, but I'm not going to allow a Romulan into my Fed or KDF fleet. I'm sorry, but it doesn't make any sense, and it won't be fair to the few fleet members that I already have. I will reevaluate this policy at a later date if there is enough support within my fleet, but I highly doubt it. I want to be able to create a fully independent Romulan fleet. I don't care if I have to start over from the beginning and bulid a whole new starbase, but I will not roll my Romulan into another faction. If I want to use Fed or KDF vessels, then I have the characters for those factions for that purpose. I want to play a Romulan faction for a unique new experience, not more of the same with a different color.
SGT Milton Monzon, SGT Alexander Fuller, SGT Michael Bartley, SGT Martin LaMar
Rest in Peace Brothers
Captain
# 30
03-30-2013, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermbot View Post
Okay, do you want a lore answer or a game mechanics answer? Not sure, okay, I'll give you both.

From a lore standpoint, use of Federation/Klingon equipment and ships is the trade off those entities choose to make in exchange for the highly skilled captains and crews that ally with them.

From a game mechanic standpoint, the majority of STO players are end game players and the majority of decisions that Cryptic makes will be to hold the interest and finesse funds from those end game players. By allowing Romulans access to the +1 ship consoles, ships, and Starbases that these players have invested the time and money to develop, they make it more enticing for that existing end-game player to roll up his sleeves and start a level 1 Romulan.

And I think this deserves to be talked about more. You're speaking as if some entirely new player is going to join your fleet and, because he has a couple more ship choices than you, turn you into a second class citizen. But it won't be some new player joining your fleet, oh no, that Romulan will be played by Bob, the guy who's been in your fleet forever. And Bob has been investing dilithium, time and sweat into building that Starbase just the same as you have. So cut Bob some slack.
No Problem will cut "Bob" some slack - even new rommie who joins - that's not the point. Point is why do the new players - lets just talk about new players - why would they roll anything but a Romulan when they get access to 2 factions worth of stuff? No-one needs to roll a Fed or a KDF any more if this happens as they would be at a disadvatage to the new Romulan charater.

So in summary - new players or existing players who roll a Romulan will get a major advantage over existing players who do not want to roll a Romulan.

So you see no problem with that type of system?