Lt. Commander
This suggestion is probably utterly futile, there are far too many players too interested in lining their own pockets with EC than looking out for their faction's interests, but anyway...

As pretty much everyone here will know, getting Contraband is a hell of a lot easier KDF-side than it is Fed-side. Some Feddies seem to be taking advantage of this supply though, constantly slandering the faction while still buying from us to get their shiny purple crystals. "The KDF are useless", "no-one plays KDF", "who cares about the KDF"... ooh, I'll just buy some Contraband to help hit my dilithium cap. We've all seen it.

I'm therefore proposing that we simply stop selling Contraband on the exchange. If the Feds don't appreciate us, then they don't get our help with their grind. Feel free to feed your Fed alts with Contraband if you want, just keep it out of the hands of the players that don't want anything to do with us.
"But in-game I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason you were brought into the forums, that by knowing me here for a little, you might know me better there."
Empire Veteran
# 2
08-10-2013, 04:50 AM
KDF's biggest enemy isn't the fed playerbase, its Cryptic.

There are good reasons not to play KDF, just look at the other top posts in this section
House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
Captain
# 3
08-10-2013, 05:13 AM
I don't see how separating the poor ignorant Fedlings from their money harms our interests in any way.
Empire Veteran
# 4
08-10-2013, 05:14 AM
Lets keep on taking their money, why should we step down to their level?
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Captain
# 5
08-10-2013, 06:12 AM
It's not hard to get Contraband as a Fed. I have hundreds of them from Doff missions. I usualy wait till I have about 300 of them and then sell them to Klinks that need them for Starbase projects.

I have Sci, Eng, Tac toons all at 50 for each faction. So with 8 Alts and one primary toon I have lots to choose from and honestly the KDF experience is a little..well... creepy.

You have the RP playes that take being a Klingon waaaaaay to serious. Then others that think that they are the best gamer/PVP'r that ever lived. And if they ever loose then it's because it's the Dev's fault.

I have found that in MMO's the type of person that likes to be the "Bad" guys tend to be a little over the top, and have a little bit of a persecution complex. (Not all mind you)

But weather it's the Sith, Hoard, Cylons, Covenant, House Kurita, ect. The people that pick these factions over being the "good" guys all share some of the same characteristics.
They always feel opressed, ignored, picked on, that the other factions have better ships, gear. That they are out numbered. That they are ignored by the Devs. Thats not just this game but every 2/3 faction MMO with PVP.
The "Bad" guys always rage the most on forums, throw the biggest fits in zone chats, and get butthurt more than most when they loose. I dont know what it is that draws this type of personality to the "Red" factions. Time and time again in thses games I have watched these communitys tear themselves apart with in-fighting, no team work, elitist attitudes and on and on.
This comment is not just about Klingons but it's about the same complaints and attitudes I see from players that choose the Opposing faction in all these games. Can it be that in every online mulit-faction game that the Dev's purposly make one faction better than the other? Give all the attention and support to only the "Good" guys and not the other factions?
I think it's the players not the game.
Empire Veteran
# 6
08-10-2013, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsnake721 View Post
*suggestions that devs arent at fault for KDF problems*
for your consideration, list of discrepancies between KDF and FED
history of dev dealings with the kdf, filled empty promises and outright lies
House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
Empire Veteran
# 7
08-10-2013, 10:18 AM
I don't agree with the OP.. I happen to think its a non issue, and should be ignoreed.

Redsnake721 .. you aparently have no clue what KDF players have gone though since launch.

3 1/2 years after launch the KDF is where it should have been AT LAUNCH.

The post previous to mine give a couple links that will educate you.

A couple other little assumption that I'll be happy to shoot down for you too.

.................................................. .................................................. ...........
You have the RP playes that take being a Klingon waaaaaay to serious. Then others that think that they are the best gamer/PVP'r that ever lived. And if they ever loose then it's because it's the Dev's fault.
.................................................. .................................................. ............

The amount of KDF role players in the ENTIRE STO community that I know of..and I AM a role plyer (even if fairly causal about it) is less then 100, and could well be less then 50.
If you have an issue with role players, your bringing it up with the wrong faction, in the wrong game. The old school group of KDF players in STO tend to quickly form a solid block of opinion over some issues. If you have an issue with role players KDF side.. I strongly suggest you keep them to your self. Harrassing KDF side role players will not be tolerated.

Another little factoid.

PvP... KDF were, and possible still are the best at PvP in the game. KDF players were over all so good at PvP, that Fed player whined to the dev and got same faction PvP.. Fed v KDF PvP pretty much dissapeared over nite... If KDF players are poor at PvP, then why do fed players work so hard to avoid PvP with KDF players...?

So now you know more then you did.
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!

Last edited by oldkhemaraa; 08-10-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-10-2013, 10:25 AM
Forget the 'Devs hate klingons' dead horse for a minute. How does selling contraband help the Feds more than it helps the KDF? Contraband exchanges for UNREFINED Dilithium, which may be the easiest substance in the game to obtain. Whereas I can take the money I make from selling Contraband and buy the things people buy with REFINED dilithium for ECs. My Klingon still refines 8000 Dilithium per day, so I'm at a loss how my contraband sales give any kind of comparative advantage to the lazy fed players who would rather feed me ECs than run a few daily missions.
Career Officer
# 9
08-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Boo-hoo; the feds cant get contra as easy.

They can CERTAINLY get refugees a lot easier. I think it works out in the end.

Remember, we don't want the factions to be the same except for different ship skins.
Captain
# 10
08-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsnake721 View Post
But weather it's the Sith, Hoard, Cylons, Covenant, House Kurita, ect. The people that pick these factions over being the "good" guys all share some of the same characteristics.
They always feel oppressed, ignored, picked on, that the other factions have better ships, gear. That they are out numbered. That they are ignored by the Devs. That's not just this game but every 2/3 faction MMO with PVP.
The "Bad" guys always rage the most on forums, throw the biggest fits in zone chats, and get butthurt more than most when they loose. I dont know what it is that draws this type of personality to the "Red" factions. Time and time again in thses games I have watched these communities tear themselves apart with in-fighting, no team work, elitist attitudes and on and on.
This comment is not just about Klingons but it's about the same complaints and attitudes I see from players that choose the Opposing faction in all these games. Can it be that in every online multi-faction game that the Dev's purposely make one faction better than the other? Give all the attention and support to only the "Good" guys and not the other factions?
I think it's the players not the game.
Wow, to think all this time I have been playing Klingon (and Zerg! Gotta show some love here for mah Homeys, yo!) just because it is fun. Clearly, I am missing out on a bunch of things. As fine a job of psychoanalysis as Dr. Phil could've pulled off. Nearly as meaningful. Almost as public too.

Could some of my fellow KDF players help a warrior out here? If I ever act the way this guy (who has never met me before) says I will, because I prefer to play as the Bad Guys, will you please please come straight away to my house and slap me?

Wasn't this thread supposed to be about Contraband being embargoed?
"There are warriors and then there are Jade Falcon Warriors!"

"The only gear a ship or away team requires is a competent Captain."

Last edited by thunderfoot006; 08-10-2013 at 11:57 AM.