Empire Veteran
# 121
04-21-2013, 10:49 AM
Ah yes MACO/Adapted KHG space with the Plasmonic Leech. I remember that.

Here's my question:

How often do you see this combination? I mean that. How often do you really and truly see both those things on one ship?

In PvE...it doesn't really matter. I mean, you can run nearly anything and get through it pretty well. I had Klingons who did just fine before they had access to the MACO set, and many others did to.

But even with it, it would change little. The Borg STFs would still be the same as they are now, having a bit more power from the MACO shield would alter little. And any other max level PvE is even easier than that for the most part, again it wouldn't matter.

In PvP...which really is what is being implied here...about the time this whole thing went through, more and more people started getting access to Elite Fleet Shields, which pretty much tossed the shields of the STF sets out the window as word got around about them.

I'm not saying you won't see it in PvP at all, just that I rarely seem to notice it. Maybe I'm just not paying enough attention, but I don't really notice much anymore compared to the much worse Fleet shields.

So, maybe it is OP, maybe it isn't. To be honest, the trade should've never been given, because it only further dilutes the factions.

Now, is it really a problem though? Is it a major issue? Yes, there was indeed all that fuss over it back when season 7 was hitting, but is it as OP as people believed? My answer is that possibly not.

If it is an issue, then maybe it's worth bringing up again IF there's ever a lockbox with PM. Though, and this isn't an insult to Fed players, many will find out that Plasmonic Leech isn't the godly console it's thought to be. A highly useful and effective one, but still only a console.

Then again, we're all getting warp cores in the future, and engineers are gaining (if not very useful atm) trait of even more power, so this whole Plasmonic Leech/MACO shield thing might not even be worthwhile in the future, who knows.

Lt. Commander
# 122
04-21-2013, 01:15 PM
Well I may use the leech on My Klingomulan - I don't know how much help it will be with the reduced power levels.

Once they started down the road of trading consoles in lock-boxes they openned pandora's box. It's pretty much guareenteed they will make a trade of something in the next one - like they have in the last few. It's not going to make or break many peoples decision which side they go with. Most people I know will be rolling a Romulan on both Fed and KDF side like I will.

I don't think Fed side has that many useful consoles left? Has the Cloaked ship seeking Torpedo console thingy been traded yet?
Commander
# 123
04-21-2013, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
Except Romulans get a canon cloaking device standard and the devs handed a B'Rel across the Federation border.
Huh?

For clarification, is this a complaint about the one single chapter of a mission where the Federation get their action trays completely screwed up and are forced to play a ship they aren't familiar with?

Or has Cryptic done something really stupid and made the B'Rel permanently available to the Federation in some limited fashion?
Captain
# 124
04-21-2013, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermbot View Post
Huh?

For clarification, is this a complaint about the one single chapter of a mission where the Federation get their action trays completely screwed up and are forced to play a ship they aren't familiar with?

Or has Cryptic done something really stupid and made the B'Rel permanently available to the Federation in some limited fashion?
He's referring to the fact that Romulans can ally with feds, and Romulans have battle cloaks on any ship, and one of them is a B'rel equivalent with EBC.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Lt. Commander
# 125
04-21-2013, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
He's referring to the fact that Romulans can ally with feds, and Romulans have battle cloaks on any ship, and one of them is a B'rel equivalent with EBC.
Yes the Fleet romulan light warbird Retrofit would be a very nice little ship.

But it really does not matter - with passive romulan traits+rep+boffs - the CD on Romulan battle cloaking on ALL romuln ships will be so short it will be close to Enhanced Battle Cloak.

Last edited by number1romulan; 04-21-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Captain
# 126
04-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1romulan View Post
Yes the Fleet romulan light warbird Retrofit would be a very nice little ship.

But it really does not matter - with passive romulan traits+rep+boffs - the CD on Romulan battle cloaking on ALL romuln ships will be so short it will be close to Enhanced Battle Cloak.
Thus writing another chapter in the only in-game story arc we've really felt progress since launch: Klingons facing extinction at the hands of Cryptic.
All cloaks should be canon.
Lt. Commander
# 127
04-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
Thus writing another chapter in the only in-game story arc we've really felt progress since launch: Klingons facing extinction at the hands of Cryptic.
Why did they even roll the KDF at launch and not the Romulans?
Empire Veteran
# 128
04-21-2013, 03:16 PM
*snorts and wakes up in her command chair to a quietly functioning bridge*

Klingons still here? Good!

(no new KDF news this week..back to napping....)
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Survivor of Romulus
# 129
04-21-2013, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1romulan View Post
Why did they even roll the KDF at launch and not the Romulans?
Because they thought there were a lot of Targ loving Klingons out there not realizing We Roms number so great that our ships will blot out the sun of Qo'nos, we were just in the shadows.....waiting lol j/k
Rihannsu
# 130
04-21-2013, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesdark View Post
We Roms number so great that our ships will blot out the sun of Qo'nos, we were just in the shadows.....waiting
yeah, that's certainly true...i can't believe how many people were on tribble when the romulan closed beta started; i actually had to WAIT to get in...granted, i'm a lifer, so i get preference in the lines and therefore didn't have to wait long, but still, i've never seen that many people on tribble before
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Closed Thread