Captain
# 151
04-23-2013, 07:33 PM
The 2009 is a better movie then Insurrection in my opinion.

And no, klingons are not facing extinction as long as klingon fans don't give up.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Lt. Commander
# 152
04-23-2013, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
I don't think players fully realize yet just how serious this scenerio is - they hoped for more Klingon blood into the playerbase - but the advatages of running a Rommie/KDF toon are stacked too high against a traditional KDF toon.

As some Klingon players leave they will be replaced with Rommies - the Klingon part of the KDF will get smaller and smaller as time goes on.
stop trolling. you arent any good. unless you are an idiot you know that it dosent matter what race your toon is, as long as they are on the kdf side. so i welcome new romulan kdf players. its about boosting kdf numbers not the toon skin
Lt. Commander
# 153
04-23-2013, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusk19 View Post
Klingon extinction? *chuckles evilly* Good good... The plan is going well.. >;D But for real, always thought the klinks were op and not fun. But that is just me and my opinion. Though klinks do have the Orions.. *ponders*
ahh the ever popular "they r Op so duuh i am too leet to play dem"

more like you get rolled by good klink teamplay and rage, thus believing they are op, since nobody is as good as you and your galaxy by god!
Empire Veteran
# 154
04-23-2013, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
The 2009 is a better movie then Insurrection in my opinion.
Indeed brought in a lot of new fans both to Star Trek in general and this game as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
And no, klingons are not facing extinction as long as klingon fans don't give up.
Agreed, wholeheartedly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Captain
# 155
04-24-2013, 01:03 AM
If Romulans are allowed to Join the Fed and have access to Romulan ships and Fed ships and gear - what possible reason would any new player roll a Federation toon?

Both factions will have this problem. The most efficient thing to do is to roll a Romulan on each side and then you have it all.

Most likely we will see a lot of Romulans after may. Probably a lot of rerollers from the Fed side take the opportunity to look at the KDF side. That is good for the KDF.

When one faction will become such a minority that Cryptic will see it as a problem, they can and should promote that faction by adding cool stuff and making it attractive to play that faction.

I am now in Romulan Beta and by accident I could play one of the new (pre 20) missions. It was marvelous. I am really thinking of rerolling a KDF one for this experience besides my Romulan characters.
Survivor of Romulus
# 156
04-24-2013, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fovrel View Post
If Romulans are allowed to Join the Fed and have access to Romulan ships and Fed ships and gear - what possible reason would any new player roll a Federation toon?
I assume you haven't seen one of the latest dev.blogs, but the Romulans will not be able to use their allies Tier 5 ships. So, no end-game ships except their own warbirds for Romulans. That would mean that whoever wanted to play as Fed. with Fed. ships will have to go full Fed. and the same applies for the KDF. Want a Guramba - go KDF! Although I personally make my choices based on char. & species rather than a particular line of ships.
It's not as bad as it was assumed, it's just people jumping to conclusions before they know all the facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fovrel View Post
I am now in Romulan Beta and by accident I could play one of the new (pre 20) missions. It was marvelous. I am really thinking of rerolling a KDF one for this experience besides my Romulan characters.
I have read this impressions that you're sharing in several places now, including a fleetmate of mine who is testing them in beta on Tribble and he shares the same impression. It seems that the new missions and storyline comming with LoR for the Romulans as well as the KDF have much more quality than previous made missions and they are much more immersive than before.
In a certain way, it makes me happy for all the wait we had to endure to become a full fledged faction if that ment getting some real quality content for our pre 20 levels. If testimonials by players who try it out on Tribble are any indicator, this would mean that the KDF faction's potential to retain new players trying out the KDF will be vastly improved, having them immersed and involved in the KDF right from the start.

I'm totally planning to re-roll a new KDF char when LoR hits Holodeck and furthermore I intend to invest a lot of time and zen in that one making him equal to my main.
Because it will be my first KDF char to play in a full KDF faction and because I'm so darned happy about it! And because I'm a part of the 18% and proud for it!

----------------------------------------------
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Captain
# 157
04-24-2013, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
I'm totally planning to re-roll a new KDF char when LoR hits Holodeck
I've planned already, even got it all saved on the STO Skill Planner tool. Just waiting for it to land so I can get to work! My future Reman officer is going to have to wait.
Tion Sorahn - Federation Engineer
- - - - -
STB Channel Member
- - - - -
"Something everyone always forgets, all grind is optional"
Empire Veteran
# 158
04-24-2013, 05:21 AM
Extinction?!?!
<looks at crew>
Breed faster! The future heroes of the Empire are not going to just pop from thin air!
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Captain
# 159
04-24-2013, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
I assume you haven't seen one of the latest dev.blogs, but the Romulans will not be able to use their allies Tier 5 ships. So, no end-game ships except their own warbirds for Romulans. That would mean that whoever wanted to play as Fed. with Fed. ships will have to go full Fed. and the same applies for the KDF. Want a Guramba - go KDF! Although I personally make my choices based on char. & species rather than a particular line of ships.
It's not as bad as it was assumed, it's just people jumping to conclusions before they know all the facts.

This. If you want your Guramba or Kumari, you need to go KDF or Fed.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Starfleet Veteran
# 160
04-24-2013, 07:10 AM
I will just add this point...

1 Reason to still roll a KDF or FED character instead of Romulan...

Only a "pure" character can access tier 5+ ships...of their respective factions
Admiral Sovak
USS Dauntless

Admiral Jisil T'ror
USS Lexington
Closed Thread