Rihannsu
# 201
05-10-2013, 04:17 PM
As a new player that is going to create a romulan character as a main, and aligning with KDF. Does it even mater what role I choose Eng/Tac/Sci? Was thinking a Engineer as a main although I heard they are not that good atm. But then there is the feeling to have a real big Romulan ship that can take a beating - And I dont mind beeing the underdog.

For PvE purposes, what roles are needed most on KDF side, or does it not even matter?
Empire Veteran
# 202
05-11-2013, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
We wont let that happen. You will die as any true warrior of the Empire, on your feet, blade in hand, fighting till you last breath.
Have you checked tribble yet?
Yeah so far manhunt is my favorite KDF mission now I had what the hell was that moment multiple times when I was testing it out... Much much better than missions we already had I'm kinda waiting for it to hit holodeck to get surprised on the other new missions.
Commander
# 203
05-11-2013, 01:05 PM
Well from what I've seen, the KDF races I have seen the most are Orions, Ferasans and the occasional Gorn, maybe 1 or 2 Klingons-- no... those Klingons are NPCs. Nevermind.
Check out my Odyssey Uniform, based on the Vulcan woman who was on the STO page during Season 6: New Romulus! (*Skirts and pants uniforms are listed*)
Empire Veteran
# 204
05-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyepah View Post
As a new player that is going to create a romulan character as a main, and aligning with KDF. Does it even mater what role I choose Eng/Tac/Sci? Was thinking a Engineer as a main although I heard they are not that good atm. But then there is the feeling to have a real big Romulan ship that can take a beating - And I dont mind beeing the underdog.

For PvE purposes, what roles are needed most on KDF side, or does it not even matter?

It doesn't really matter, play what you want to they all have their own strengths.

Tactical gets abilities to increase your damage output.
Engineer gets abilities to let them hang longer in a fight in various ways.
Sci get abilities to debuff and control their opponents.

In the grand scale of things though in terms of what the KDF needs it doesn't really matter as STO doesn't rely heavily on having the right amount of each class in a group like other MMOs.

So play whatever you like best, personally my main has always been a sci officer and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
toDuj 'oS rol.
Survivor of Romulus
# 205
05-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asardetemplari View Post
Well from what I've seen, the KDF races I have seen the most are Orions, Ferasans and the occasional Gorn, maybe 1 or 2 Klingons-- no... those Klingons are NPCs. Nevermind.
That's because the Klingons use cloak on their ships, so you can't see them most of the time.
Empire Veteran
# 206
05-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
Yeah so far manhunt is my favorite KDF mission now I had what the hell was that moment multiple times when I was testing it out... Much much better than missions we already had I'm kinda waiting for it to hit holodeck to get surprised on the other new missions.
Im happy with them as well, even if they are rewrites of existing material.

We have our low level content and a complete line of ranking up in gameplay.

Though some will say we have been misstreated in LoR I have to disagree. Speaking for myself , I have been asking for a complete KDF and to spit on the hands that gives it is without honor.
We are complete. Now we can truelly strive to build the Empire in STO from a firm foundation.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Lt. Commander
# 207
05-11-2013, 06:42 PM
I'd like to see the pvp queues on the Klingon side more popular when the expansion is released. I hope the faction is more popular...fed side pvp queues are super short, klingon side they're long.
Survivor of Romulus
# 208
05-13-2013, 07:15 AM
as far as the KDF facing extinction its utter twaddle, I will still be playing my KDF character as well as a Romulan on the KDF... more likely any romulan I make will be going KDF.... but I will still play my KDF characters.... in PVP we might actually see more and more FvK PVP because of this..... mostly because a lot of fed players see this as a way to get a battle cloak (Romulan Ships Only) on a federation character thinking that it will be the GREAT EQUALIZER.

my prediction for release is more FvK PVP or more accurately RvK (with a few bug ships for good measure)... and those of us that have played KDF from the very beginning (Beta to now) will STILL be victorious in battle........ but expect to see more and more cloaking (cough cough... Romulan Cough cough)
ships in FvK pvp.... just more stuff for my Hegh'Ta of Doom to make asplode......
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will
Captain
# 209
05-13-2013, 08:03 AM
I play a Klingon char, and I would not get rid of him for anything. He kicks the feds backsides, and he will do the same with any green blooded romulan/reman as well.
Career Officer
# 210
05-14-2013, 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
I don't think players fully realize yet just how serious this scenerio is - they hoped for more Klingon blood into the playerbase - but the advatages of running a Rommie/KDF toon are stacked too high against a traditional KDF toon.

As some Klingon players leave they will be replaced with Rommies - the Klingon part of the KDF will get smaller and smaller as time goes on.

If they want to roll a Romulan petaQ, so be it. More Bloodwine for me and my Targ. My B'rel stands ready..... for VICTORY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBZ2MEBTYJs

Last edited by shredder75; 05-14-2013 at 03:19 AM.
Closed Thread