Lieutenant
# 231
05-24-2013, 02:05 AM
Whatever happened to rolling the race you like best?

Discounting any equipment or stats what is good about Romulans?
Empire Veteran
# 232
05-24-2013, 05:46 AM
We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!
Career Officer
# 233
05-24-2013, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicelzo View Post
Should be full with Romulans soon!
I aligned both my Romulan toons with the KDF. I'll be working on them along with my Liberated Borg KDF Tac.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.
Captain
# 234
05-24-2013, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by queeg9000 View Post
Whatever happened to rolling the race you like best?

Discounting any equipment or stats what is good about Romulans?
I have 19 fed and 6 KDF toons - don't think I will ever roll another one of either. of course about 13 of the feds I don't use - I used all 6 KDF daily until LoR - but all will collect a little dust while I tinker with the Romulans. I guess for a lot of players we have just gotten tired of the same thing - variety is the spice of life - but you usually come back and settle with what you feel most comfortable with - before LoR it was the KDF - now I can't say - give me another month or so.
Empire Veteran
# 235
05-24-2013, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!
^ this quote above goes so well with your profile pic, roach :p
----------------------------------------------------------------------

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
Empire Veteran
# 236
05-24-2013, 07:58 AM
KDF will never be extinct..

The ones that really play them, ENJOY them.. I was/am disappointed as they continually gave all the distinctness away.. so you can play any race/faction and have anything (except massive choices unless you are fed) is kind of defeating the purpose of having different races. Next thing you know tac will be making turrets, but even with all that, I still enjoy my KDF

I looked at this game when I started and saw that KDF wasn't available until I ranked up my fed to a certain lvl. This alone made KDF desirable.. only veteran players would have them. Fed is everywhere and the ones you hear from often are whiny, self centered, new players.

KDF has always been easier to get many benefits (dilith, contraband, prisoners, strong ships, etc) and we just wanted more story, more uniqueness, more worlds, etc. It was the end game race, but some ranting fed freaks continued to cry.. why don't know.. and other new players (otherwise fed) followed suit.

Sad, but I am excited for the new content and can't wait to play

Mostly a KDF player
Fleet *Working as Intended. Not a slam, just a way of life... contact me in game for invite @emt27
Lt. Commander
# 237
05-24-2013, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
If Romulans are allowed to Join the KDF and have access to Romulan ships and KDF ships and gear - what possible reason would any new player roll a Klingon toon?

I mean you can roll a Rommie and come into a KDF fleet and have access to all KDF ships and equipment and you get all the Romulan shinnies to?

All the old KDF players are stuck with just the KDF gear as I see it now.

So unless I am wrong - other than Klingon fandom - what possible reason is there to start/keep a Klingon toon when you can - or a new player can get access to all your stuff+their new stuff?

So those fleets that built up bases - you get to build ships and gear for the Romulans - that you wont have access to as a Klingon!!

I hope I am wrong - but if this is true - the Klingon race is going to almost disappear in STO.
Based on that the information above the same can be said about the federation side. why would a new player or old make a new klingon you ask? Its simple our awful good looks ridged foreheads and snaggletoothed women who can ask for more, OH YA and the respect and history of being KLINGON with the glorious battles that follow.
Captain
# 238
05-24-2013, 09:26 AM
Beh... I was rolling Romulan KDF before it was cool.
# 239
05-24-2013, 09:47 AM
Well I decided to roll a Romulan just to try the new stuff, but I've allied with the KDF. Mainly because I hated the warbird that was available at Centurion rank, but also because the Klingons have great ship designs and I already have 2 Fed characters that I find very boring.

I also have an Orion KDF character that I've started from level 1. New intro and missions are great and feel truly Klingon compared to the old run around the First City missions. Seriously tempted to roll a Gorn KDF character too.

So in regard to Klingons going extinct, I find that highly unlikely.
Empire Veteran
# 240
05-24-2013, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldicephoenix View Post
^ this quote above goes so well with your profile pic, roach :p
Thank you. Im happy and I know it and really wanted to show it becuase nobody can hear me clap my hands.
Closed Thread