Career Officer
# 251 My opinion of Klingons
05-25-2013, 06:32 AM
There are 3 basic reasons why I reject the Klingon faction.

1. It's all about the Klingons.
No matter whether you are playing Orion, Gorn, Lethean, Naausican or Custom Alien, you're always following a Klingon script.
And so are your BOFFs.

For example, there's a particular mission where you have a hallucination about Sto'vo'kor.
Why would a non-klingon have a vision of something they don't believe in or ascribe to?
As my KDF Custom Alien put it "the Fek'liri are your nightmares, not mine".

2. The Bugs never get fixed.
It's been a long time and the bugs are still there.
In the worst case, there's one that's existed for over a year now and nothing's been done to fix it.

3. The DOFFs aren't as widely available.
For my KDF, it's like fighting wild animals to get DOFFs.
My Starfleet Captain can have all the Unique Doffs they want, via exchange.
But when I try the same thing on the KDF, they're just not there!
It takes me quite a while to obtain on the KDF (weeks sometimes) what it takes me a few minutes on my Starfleet to obtain.

Also, I'm not a fan of the Klingons.
Out of all the major races in Trek Lore, they're the ones I dislike the most.

I'm just not interested in a species that is obsessed with Honor and Glory in Battle.

Therefore, I'm going to avoid a faction which is based around Klingons, because of that.
Captain
# 252
05-25-2013, 07:48 AM
Klingons are not facing extinction. The Empire is as strong as it has ever been. And as can been seen in the game, Starfleet now follows the Klingon Way. As well it should.

When was the last time anyone saw or heard of a StarFleet Captain who bragged about his/her Diplomatic accomplishments rather than how powerful the combat capabilities of his/her Ship-Of-The-Week is? There are very few Starfleet missions where diplomacy and talk are rewarded more than going to guns at the first opportunity. In the Foundry Reviews, any Fed mission with the phrase, "Heavy Dialogue", in the description is routinely dissed by nearly all of its reviewers.

As long as I have played this game, Fed players on these forums have howled incessantly about wanting/needing a cloak. Why would a diplomat and peacekeeper ever need to sneak about under cover and concealment? To be fair, not all Fed players want a cloak. But it surely seems sometimes nearly all the ones who post here do.

Why is it in the Random Enemy encounters in Sector Space, the Fed players are not presented with an option to broker peace for the combatants?

How come my Fed toon does not have the option to go to Yellow Alert and attempt to open a dialogue to achieve a peaceful solution in the Tau Dewa Patrols? Surely, his membership in Starfleet gives him an edge in diplomacy?

The Klingons are not facing extinction at all. It is just they are sometimes called Starfleet or Fed. Instead of Klingon.
Does anyone here remember when we used to look forward to playing STO after the weekly patch?

Having fun while playing a game is OP. Plz nerf. Oh. You already did.
Survivor of Romulus
# 253
05-25-2013, 09:55 AM
This thread has been rendered pointless by now.
Hear that mods? Come on in and put it out of it's misery!

Today going about my duties on Qo'noS I remembered to check sth. out and I was amazed to see more than 25 instances of "Qo'noS: First City". That is more instances than I have ever seen on Qo'noS since I started playing STO. More than half of the players I encountered on the homeworld were new low/medium leveled chars. And suprisingly enough, most of them were Nausicaan, Klingon and Lethean.

The Empire is going nowhere. The addition of the missing 20 levels changes everything. It's very easy for a new player to become attached and interested in the faction now when it can be played from the start and not having to waste time for 25 levels of Fed play. It's easy to get immersed in the new leveling stories, they are awesome and very appropriate, especially if you played the Fed. tutorial and the first couple of missions and were bored to death.

Between challenging your petaQ captain for the command of a Bird of Prey, Section 31 intrigues, slaying treacherous Nausicaan smuglers, flying the B'rotlh, having a Jackal Mastiff, enjoying the company of Orion slave girls, taking a voyage to Gre'thor to slay demons and punching Ferengi in the face, what more can a Klingon warrior desire?

By the beard of Kahless, it's GLORIOUS!!
Looking for a genuine Star Trek experience?
Join the Klingon Empire! It will be glorious!
Captain
# 254
05-25-2013, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfoot006 View Post
As long as I have played this game, Fed players on these forums have howled incessantly about wanting/needing a cloak. Why would a diplomat and peacekeeper ever need to sneak about under cover and concealment?

1. Cause it's fun.

2.You try getting a Staten Island Ferry with warp nacells to turn on a dime and not get shot up till it's spinal lance is facing the right direction.

3. See the adventures of "Ben Sisko's M'F' Pimp Hand" (AKA U.S.S. Defiant)
Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
What's my position?
That people should know what they're screaming about!
(paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
Captain
# 255
05-25-2013, 10:55 AM
Klingons even got combat mastiff pets.

I say they got the extra promised content, which makes the faction more appealing then it was with the halfway done new characters before.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Career Officer
# 256
05-25-2013, 11:04 AM
Weren't the Klingons worried about going extinct in Undiscovered Country too?

Oh yeah...

"In any case, we know where this is leading. The annihilation of our culture" --Kerla
Empire Veteran
# 257
05-25-2013, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Thank you. Im happy and I know it and really wanted to show it becuase nobody can hear me clap my hands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamenriderzero1 View Post

Someone has been watching Chuck on SF Debris
toDuj 'oS rol.
Captain
# 258
05-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Actualy I came across that reading the TV Tropes "fan nicknames" article.
Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
What's my position?
That people should know what they're screaming about!
(paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
Captain
# 259
05-25-2013, 12:00 PM
Long Live the Empire Roms are still not to be trusted.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Captain
# 260
05-25-2013, 01:03 PM
Quote:
1. Cause it's fun.
True. I seldom use my cloak anymore. I had forgotten. Says no one ever.

Quote:
2.You try getting a Staten Island Ferry with warp nacelles to turn on a dime and not get shot up till its spinal lance is facing the right direction.
I have ridden the Staten Island Ferry. I can state from personal experience the ferry turns far faster than any Dreadnought I've seen so far in STO. This may change with the warp cores and the RCS console buff.

Quote:
I see Sisko's ride and raise it one MU Qin Raptor.

Nice to see someone who has a divergent viewpoint and is totally unafraid to engage in intelligent, humorous conversation about it. Next time I'm on the homeworld, I shall set aside two barrels of bloodwine from my private reserve stock to send to you. Not all battles are waged with blades. And you've just shown you are a true Warrior. Honor to your House and yourself. Qa'pla!
Does anyone here remember when we used to look forward to playing STO after the weekly patch?

Having fun while playing a game is OP. Plz nerf. Oh. You already did.
Closed Thread