Career Officer
# 321
06-12-2013, 02:24 AM
Just rolled a new Ferasan and loving it. Specced up for ground he still does ok in space for an engineer in the Peghqu' Heavy Destroyer. Love the ability to explore inaccessible parts of the map with the 75% jump increase over a normal toon.

Going to roll a KDF Romulan later as well, giving me 3 KDF and 4 Fed in total.

Long live the Empire!

Join Us www.srs-fleet.net
Your Ramming Speed III deals 297019 (421248) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Lusankya
Survivor of Romulus
# 322
06-12-2013, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithforeman View Post
Hi

This is probably not the best place for this post, and if so im sorry about that, but the forums wont let me start a new thread yet.

I've come back to the game after a looong absence (Feds were the only really playable faction back then...) and im looking at the KDF and Romulan stuff and wondering which to start a new toon on. I've always liked the Klingon ships but I'm not sure about all this "honourable warrior" stuff.

So I guess what im wondering is, is the Klingon content, from lvl 1, fun to play? Is it worth starting a toon in the Klingon faction?
Well, to be honest I think only you can have the answer to that question. It all comes down to personal preferences, some people love the KDF, others hate it.

In my personal opinion it's very well worth it to give it a try. I created a new Klingon char. to go through the full KDF experience that LoR made possible and I don't regret it.
In the very least you should give it a try, the new Klingon missions can only be described as epic, very faithfull to the IP with great background setup and with random comic elements included to get you more in the mood. Some of the best work Cryptic has done in STO so far, I'll give them that. Also some of the old missions have been reworked and are way better now.

To answer your question in short, yes the Klingon content - especially the one you start off with, is very fun and enjoyable to play, IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
Just rolled a new Ferasan and loving it. Specced up for ground he still does ok in space for an engineer in the Peghqu' Heavy Destroyer. Love the ability to explore inaccessible parts of the map with the 75% jump increase over a normal toon.

Going to roll a KDF Romulan later as well, giving me 3 KDF and 4 Fed in total.

Long live the Empire!
Qapla'!
Because true Starfleet Captains command Exploration Cruisers!
Thank you Cryptic for finally giving me MY SHIP!!!
Empire Veteran
# 323
06-12-2013, 07:54 AM
Simply put the KDF is more fun, a more friendlier community (through zone chat has gone downhill since LoR, probably Federation players playing Rommies and decided to ally with the KDF for the dilithium and stuff), always someone on to answer your question and help out, many fleets to choose from in fact the KDF has the first T5 fleet that maxed out in science too which is a big achievement.

We have some of the best missions in the game, some of the coolest toys, some of the best species and our Omega Reputation gear is awesome and the honour guard costume you unlock at the end is awesome looking.

The question shouldn't be why would you roll a KDF, it should be why wouldn't you roll a KDF character?
Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
Captain
# 324
06-12-2013, 04:31 PM
There is only one possible answer to the question, "Should I roll a KDF toon?" This answer is - abso-frakkin'-lutely! The new content for starting from lvl 01 is very well written and enjoyable to play. Did it with my Lvl 50 TAC and it was impossible to stop playing until I finished all of it. Turned right around and played thru it with my other Klink toon and had just as much fun the second time. Even the repurposed missions are entertaining because I've always wondered how well my Klink would fare in them. The answer is very well. Much more fun to play them as a tlhIngan bekk instead of a Federation grass eater.

So what are you waiting for?
Why are you still here reading this when you could be earning glory and honor for your House?
Hurry up already!
Don't make me come over there with the Pain Sticks!
I played a Klingon and I liked it!

Last edited by thunderfoot006; 06-12-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Captain
# 325
06-13-2013, 12:06 AM
It's a good thing you rolled a Ferasan matt, that gives us felines (more power to kill J'mpok and take over) um sorry about that, I meant, more power to serve the Empire well *whistles innocently*

(the brackets replace the slash in the middle of the letters that these forums desperately need)
Click here to view my DeviantArt!

Last edited by loukoc; 06-13-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Career Officer
# 326
06-13-2013, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfoot006 View Post
Even the repurposed missions are entertaining because I've always wondered how well my Klink would fare in them. The answer is very well. Much more fun to play them as a tlhIngan bekk instead of a Federation grass eater.
Despite mistakes such as when rescuing the KDF warriors during the New Link mission and them saying "I knew the Federation would save us" and numerous other bad scripting examples, playing a Klink is a lot of fun!

Join Us www.srs-fleet.net
Your Ramming Speed III deals 297019 (421248) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Lusankya
Career Officer
# 327
06-15-2013, 06:35 PM
Just rolled a liberated borg KDF TAC, (wanted to start from LV1) having a good time. Talked a few of my Fed Fleeties into trying the KDF, and they are kicking themselves for not doing it sooner.I have to date, 6 Feds, 3 KDF,and 1 Rommie.
Hypnotoad commands you agree with me!
Career Officer
# 328
06-19-2013, 10:43 PM
I just rolled a brand-new Klingon science officer, JUST to play the new content, so... I don't see that as "Ermagerd, no one will ever play a Klingon again!!!!1!eleven"

On top of that, I've played a Romulan up to level 43 and I can say that all the shiny Romulan ships aren't all that game-breaking...

My biggest concern regarding the LoR expansion is how the quality of the community KDF-side has taken a hit.

So far, it's not quite as bad as Fed Zone chat, but it is getting there.
Republic Veteran
# 329
06-20-2013, 12:37 AM
Always was Klingon because(cloak!) i wanted to play Romulans from 2010...
Rolled Rom... meh.. Back to RED EMPIRE !
2010 is my join date.
Lieutenant
# 330
06-20-2013, 01:12 AM
Klingons facing extinction? This is what you get for using unsafe energy production practices on Praxis, the moon goes and blows up. Really, you must attend a basic lecture at Starfleet Academy sometime. You'd learn so much.
Closed Thread