Empire Veteran
# 81
04-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by questerius View Post
The main reasons why i have gotten bored/annoyed with the Klingons is that there is only one (1) viable style to play and the marauding etc does not fit Klingon honour.

It has become downright boring to play Klingon. Joining the federation and access to (some) federation ships would give Klingon players a chance to differ their playing style and not get killed every few minutes doing so.

So other than sentiments like "Us against the evil federation" there is no reason why a KDF/Federation union is bad. The Klingons will actually get the chance to act with honour again.

I like the Klingons in the series (TNG/DS9), not the Klingons as they are portrayed in STO.
Then you missed something watching TNG/DS9. They aee the same Klingons.
The Empire has always been a raiding, marauding and conquering society.
Wach again. Read some of the novels and learn that the Klingon society is not a human one and that while similiar on a few levels is completely alien from the ideals of honor and civilized society as Star Fleet defines it.
Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....

R.I.P
Career Officer
# 82
04-02-2013, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by questerius View Post
The main reasons why i have gotten bored/annoyed with the Klingons is that there is only one (1) viable style to play and the marauding etc does not fit Klingon honour.

It has become downright boring to play Klingon. Joining the federation and access to (some) federation ships would give Klingon players a chance to differ their playing style and not get killed every few minutes doing so.

So other than sentiments like "Us against the evil federation" there is no reason why a KDF/Federation union is bad. The Klingons will actually get the chance to act with honour again.

I like the Klingons in the series (TNG/DS9), not the Klingons as they are portrayed in STO.
HMM, which part of "Marauding" do you think incorrectly portrays the Klingons?
Raiding convoys is a legitimate form of warfare for example.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commerce_raiding

Remember the Klingons and the Federation are at war and the Klingons always only shoot to disable, not to destroy.
In this respect they are a whole lot nicer than many WW2 subamarine commanders (axis and allies alike) that just torpedoed the enemy convoy until it sunk.

So in this context the Klingons adhere to the Prize Rules:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prize_rules

since even the DOFF version limits the actions to disabling a freighter.

Ransacking enemy colonies in Klingon space is not different and also a valid form of warfare:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raid_%28military%29

So Cryptic did everything right: they researched how real warfare works and implemented it properly on the Klingon side.

Also, I suggest you watch episodes like DS9:"Once more Unto the Breach", which shows a Klingon raid into enemy space.
Captain
# 83
04-02-2013, 03:24 AM
I skipped through most of this thread so perhaps someone has already mentioned this.

But, another perspective would be that a Fed player makes him/herself a new Rommie toon. This Fed player isn't thrilled at the idea of having to grind through the same missions again after the Rommie content is finished, so for a change they decide to ally with the KDF when this 'choice' comes up.

So they play some KDF content, they see Qo'nos and they get to play with all the KDF toys. This Fed player realises that it's actually good fun, and then decides to make themselves a full KDF toon so they can enjoy the faction from level 1.

From this point of view it doesn't seem so bad does it?
Captain
# 84
04-02-2013, 04:20 AM
All this gloom and doom and people flinging 'canon' at each other with such reckless abandon is highly entertaining. And I needed a good laugh before I go to work today.

It isn't May yet and already the wailing and lamenting is going on at full strength here on the STO Forums. Just like the wailing and lamenting about Seasons Six and Seven.

Yet somehow STO is still around.

How many more times will people cry, "Wolf!"? Probably never stop doing so. And how long will it be before the same people realize they have irrevocably ruined their own credibility and integrity? Slightly longer than the time it takes to end the Universe.

"Hey, Devs? Sure glad you did what you did and thanks for making STO better!"
Said no one the STO Forums. Ever.

Hard to take people serious around here, with all the banshee howling about how the game and the IP are now completely wrecked. This time. Before the new stuff is even on Holodeck.

Believe I'll just go do something I think more of the people who haunt the Forums here should do.
Actually play the game and enjoy it at the same time.
Would Diogenes' search have been faster or better if he had the Internet?
I'm guessing, Oh HELL no!
Commander
# 85
04-02-2013, 04:44 AM
"Let them die" - Adm James T. Kirk -
Career Officer
# 86
04-02-2013, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admgreer View Post
"Let them die" - Adm James T. Kirk -
...and Kirk admitted he'd been a bigotted a-hole in that scene who couldn't look past his own prejudice.

So the joke's on you.
Empire Veteran
# 87
04-02-2013, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
...and Kirk admitted he'd been a bigotted a-hole in that scene who couldn't look past his own prejudice.

So the joke's on you.
Kirk was forged of better metal than the current crop of feds it seems. Such is the reason the Empire saw him a worthy foe.

R.I.P
Captain
# 88
04-03-2013, 02:44 PM
Laughing so hard - just to try not to cry!

Looks like most "new" KDF content/levels will just be re-branded Fed missions - from what is up on tribble.

So what reason is there to roll a KDF again instead of a Romulan/KDF with access to both ships/tech?

So we got lvl 1 starting with Fed missions - but that is blown apart by "better" new Romulan content and access.

Well you guys did get level 1 starting.

Guess we just have to own it. Yeah baby!

P.S. How do I switch to "Disenchanted"?

Last edited by born2bwild1; 04-03-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Captain
# 89
04-03-2013, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post

Looks like most "new" KDF content/levels will just be re-branded Fed missions - from what is up on tribble.

So what reason is there to roll a KDF again instead of a Romulan/KDF with access to both ships/tech?

So we got lvl 1 starting with Fed missions - but that is blown apart by "better" new Romulan content and access.

Swell, with all the new hires at cryptic seems they forgot to hire a story writer.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Empire Veteran
# 90
04-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post

Seems I will not see it till it hits Holodeck. Tribble keeps saying Shard locked and kicking me out.

R.I.P
Closed Thread