Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Ensign
Question: I am thinking on using a Nadeon Detonator console with a Transphasic Torpedo on a science ship with low weapons energy.

I dont have Photonic Shockave (the Boff skill) because I prefer VM but I would really like to have it, even if is only with a 2 mins cooldown, and if in the same process I can buff mine Transphasic Torp even better.

What do you guys think about the Nadeon Detonator? I know that was "nerfed" or "balanced" just today, but anyway, what do you guys think?

Btw, I will be lossing one of mine 3 neutronium consoles.
Captain
# 2
04-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Am pretty sure the nadion detonators dont work on transphasic torpedos, and definitely not the transphasic cluster torps. I think they're photon and quantum only.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Captain
# 3
04-04-2013, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Am pretty sure the nadion detonators dont work on transphasic torpedos, and definitely not the transphasic cluster torps. I think they're photon and quantum only.
They work on any standard torp. You can use a regular Trans with the Nadeon. It will do AoE Trans damage. Kind of like you can Nadeon a Chron for AoE slow - Nadeon Plasma for AoE plasma... Nadeon Tric (I miss the Nadeon Tric Nerdgasm - that was funny, ahem)..etc, etc, etc. It's just standard torps though, supposedly. With that, I never bothered trying it with a Rapid Trans - just a regular Trans.

edit: Would say it was better when you could reduce the Nadeon CD with PSW. 2min is a long time to wait. Sure, folks could make them zip way too fast - but - they could have put a GCD on it so you couldn't take it below a certain amount...meh.
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba

Last edited by virusdancer; 04-04-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Captain
# 4
04-04-2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
They work on regular transphasic torps, not the fast reloading (or w/e it's called) torps. If it's a basic torp it should work on it. But, I wouldn't recommend using it on a targetable torp anyway. Also, the torp can miss and w/its long cooldown you should make sure the target has a lowered defensive value.
[Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
Random Quote from Kerrat
"Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
C&H Fed banter
Empire Veteran
# 5
04-04-2013, 01:51 PM
all normal torps work with the nadion console, and they add their own flavor and color to its effect. even tric torps work with it, formerly to hilarious effect
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 6
04-04-2013, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
They work on regular transphasic torps, not the fast reloading (or w/e it's called) torps. If it's a basic torp it should work on it. But, I wouldn't recommend using it on a targetable torp anyway. Also, the torp can miss and w/its long cooldown you should make sure the target has a lowered defensive value.
I wonder why NOT the rapid reload phasic ? The torp is the same/same as a std it's the launcher that was upgraded.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Captain
# 7
04-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Quote:
I wonder why NOT the rapid reload phasic ? The torp is the same/same as a std it's the launcher that was upgraded.
Idk, it's a story misssion unique reward, it may be coded differently. Personally, I'd go for Pengs or Bio-warheads if it allowed.

Edit, I've never tried it on a targetable torp, can you boost it w/a TT/APD etc?
[Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
Random Quote from Kerrat
C&H Fed banter
Captain
# 8
04-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Idk, it's a story misssion unique reward, it may be coded differently. Personally, I'd go for Pengs or Bio-warheads if it allowed.

Edit, I've never tried it on a targetable torp, can you boost it w/a TT/APD etc?
Eh, I like the THY on the RR phasic myself- 4 torp salvo -w- 20sec cooldown all day long. The Nad det would be icing on the cake tho.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Captain
# 9
04-04-2013, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Pretty much any buff you can drop on somebody - you can drop on a targetable torp as well. As to whether they do anything...not sure - obviously buffing shields on something without shields doesn't, but as far as some of the others...
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Captain
# 10
04-04-2013, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Pretty much any buff you can drop on somebody - you can drop on a targetable torp as well. As to whether they do anything...not sure - obviously buffing shields on something without shields doesn't, but as far as some of the others...
Yeah, I used to mess around w/tossing stuff on a Bio, wasn't sure if it would boost the shockwave effect at all.
Random Quote from Kerrat
C&H Fed banter