Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 228
# 21
03-30-2013, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhatch View Post
On the point of Fleets, there is nothing stopping you from making a Romulan character & then joining the Feds/KDF & then making your own brand new fleet where the only races you allow to join are Romulan faction ones.

The downside of this is cosmetic as the fleet base would look Fed/KDF.
The no point in doing so, one of the reason about the romulans being split up stated by Dstal is that they didnt want players to have to start over on starbases. If I have to start a new base I would rather have it be a romulan base.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,165
# 22
03-30-2013, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theincredible33 View Post
put my answers in red
1) yes....yes it does....

2) There are no Romulan fleets, they have to make do with contributing to KDF or FED fleets, their historical mortal enemies.

3) They also said that they are re-using existing episodes for the RR, and that the NR reputation endgame missions are part of this 'content' I expect a lot of cut and paste missions fro mtheir respecitve adoptive factions at this point. Also the fact that there is no 'independet' option post 10. You are required to be absorbed into one of the two factions.

4) They have three (plus borg) species options. Only one is available from the start. Two are restricted to FTP completely, not even a Zen unlock. No other faction has this distinction of being either this restricted, or having two species reserved for non-ftp.

5) "Dstahl: As has been our plan since we introduced the Featured series, these episodes will remain available to any faction, and thus are available to the new Romulan Republic faction.

In order to improve story flow, we?re restructuring when individual series are offered to Romulans and Klingons so that new and returning captains will experience more of the new missions first. The rewards from these series will remain available to all factions as will the special rewards when we have Rerun Events."

They are clearly restructuring the series, and planning to utilize them for the Romulans.

6) The Romulans were recovering prior to this, all indicators pointed to. There was still a RSE decades after the hobus incident until they decided to throw them out the window and replace them with these refugees and hippies. Your opinion is an opinion and not fact.

7) When was the last time you saw a KDF palyer flying an excelsior, or a Fed flying a Vorcha? It's the same principle. Player factions do not share ships cross-faction. They are treating the Romulans like an NPC faction already. And no, they explicitly stated that non-romulans would have access.

8) Last time I checked the Feds have a Mirror Universe uniform, despite not being Mirror-universe feds. Ad the fact that we are getting a Romulan Republic KDF/FED addon? That's a problem, not a solution.

9) And what happens when you walk out the front door on NR? Bam, Klingons chasing epohhs. They are right on your doorstep.

10) It's a color. Color does not equal faction. It's not that hard to figure out, or are you saying that Cryptic could literally copy the fed faction and change its UI to yellow and you'd consider it a new faction?

11) Oh really? what's so romulan about them, aside from their species? They can't even dress like romulans, fly non-romulan ships, lend out romulan ships to their enemies, and join their enemies military, and act more like freedom fighters than schemers?
Ensign
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 19
# 23
03-30-2013, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlion619 View Post
The no point in doing so, one of the reason about the romulans being split up stated by Dstal is that they didnt want players to have to start over on starbases. If I have to start a new base I would rather have it be a romulan base.
then do it once it comes out. they said maybe in the future. but just because they start to allow a romulan starbase automatically makes them a faction in an instant? I think not
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,041
# 24
03-30-2013, 05:43 PM
ALT Doffing Romulans will never get why we are upset about this because they see is a new shiny
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,341
# 25
03-30-2013, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theincredible33 View Post
Romulans can still build a starbase of their alliance though if they really want to. Starbases are a newer thing that were out way after the start of the game. Starbases don't make a faction a faction. it makes a fleet.
My bold. That's where you shot yourself down, right there. It is *not* a unique Romulan base, it is a base that is identical to the faction they have become be it fed or kdf.

When they breach lvl 40 and finish their arc, they are effectively members of either fed or kdf. Once past that mark, the devs don't really need to do anything content wise with the Romulans as they are effectively a non-entity.
The end game content is going to be identical to which ever faction they have become a part of.

Quote:
story wise, romulans don't have enough manpower and supplies to make their own. they need their allies help and is why they can make one of their allies
A handy excuse for the devs I think. Hey, it fits and all but it still seems to be a bit of a cop out.


Still, I will likely be rolling a Romulan toon, just to see what it's about. If I like it, then I might well roll more, but if not then that'll be it for me.
There was a sig here, but I gave up. Thanks {REDACTED}

Last edited by captainoblivous; 03-30-2013 at 05:46 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,165
# 26
03-30-2013, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theincredible33 View Post
then do it once it comes out. they said maybe in the future. but just because they start to allow a romulan starbase automatically makes them a faction in an instant? I think not
Giving them a Green UI certainly doesn't make them a Romulan faction, and I'm not seeing much else here that does, even tentatively. Even their iconic ships aren't unique to their faction if the lockbox comment is anything to go by.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 228
# 27
03-30-2013, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theincredible33 View Post
right it is not. I believe that just because they dont have a starbase doesnt make them not a faction. before starbases launched what if the romulans were introduced? they wouldn't have a starbase
Feds and Kdf had there own fleets from the start. You cant have a faction if the playerbase for that faction is divided into other factions. So what if the did add romulan starbases in the future are they going to expect romulin players that started their characters in fed and kdf fleets to start over, it will never happen.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,603
# 28
03-30-2013, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theincredible33 View Post
They wouldn't have their own uniforms
They dont.

There are 3 uniforms, Romulan Neutral that the brown jacket we seen in the video, the Federation Romulan and the Klingon Romulan.

So they get their own uniforms?

Orions have their specific uniforms, I believe other KDF races also get their own uniforms ... but they still have access to the KDF uniforms, only Klingons dont.

According to your "logic" that makes the Orions a faction.
Ensign
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 19
# 29
03-30-2013, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catoblepasbeta View Post
1) yes....yes it does....

2) There are no Romulan fleets, they have to make do with contributing to KDF or FED fleets, their historical mortal enemies.

3) They also said that they are re-using existing episodes for the RR, and that the NR reputation endgame missions are part of this 'content' I expect a lot of cut and paste missions fro mtheir respecitve adoptive factions at this point. Also the fact that there is no 'independet' option post 10. You are required to be absorbed into one of the two factions.

4) They have three (plus borg) species options. Only one is available from the start. Two are restricted to FTP completely, not even a Zen unlock. No other faction has this distinction of being either this restricted, or having two species reserved for non-ftp.

5) "Dstahl: As has been our plan since we introduced the Featured series, these episodes will remain available to any faction, and thus are available to the new Romulan Republic faction.

In order to improve story flow, we?re restructuring when individual series are offered to Romulans and Klingons so that new and returning captains will experience more of the new missions first. The rewards from these series will remain available to all factions as will the special rewards when we have Rerun Events."

They are clearly restructuring the series, and planning to utilize them for the Romulans.

6) The Romulans were recovering prior to this, all indicators pointed to. There was still a RSE decades after the hobus incident until they decided to throw them out the window and replace them with these refugees and hippies. Your opinion is an opinion and not fact.

7) When was the last time you saw a KDF palyer flying an excelsior, or a Fed flying a Vorcha? It's the same principle. Player factions do not share ships cross-faction. They are treating the Romulans like an NPC faction already. And no, they explicitly stated that non-romulans would have access.

8) Last time I checked the Feds have a Mirror Universe uniform, despite not being Mirror-universe feds. Ad the fact that we are getting a Romulan Republic KDF/FED addon? That's a problem, not a solution.

9) And what happens when you walk out the front door on NR? Bam, Klingons chasing epohhs. They are right on your doorstep.

10) It's a color. Color does not equal faction. It's not that hard to figure out, or are you saying that Cryptic could literally copy the fed faction and change its UI to yellow and you'd consider it a new faction?

11) Oh really? what's so romulan about them, aside from their species? They can't even dress like romulans, fly non-romulan ships, lend out romulan ships to their enemies, and join their enemies military, and act more like freedom fighters than schemers?
These are not the RSE. these are the New Romulans. Not mortal enemies.

I still think they will have their own missions. let's see once it is on tribble.

of course they Romulan Repulbic can play the feature episodes. why wouldn't they?

only romulans can fly romulan ships. if there is a lock box, I think that would be the only case
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,041
# 30
03-30-2013, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theincredible33 View Post
story wise, romulans don't have enough manpower and supplies to make their own. they need their allies help and is why they can make one of their allies
like the answer to we have to many ships to as to all the admirals on ESD so on
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:12 AM.