Career Officer
# 21
03-31-2013, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagasensei View Post
as for the KDF event i'd place my money on the Kot'baval Festival (Holiday commemorating Molor's death at the hands of Kahless as seen in TNG: "Firstborn")
THAT would be AMAZING.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-31-2013, 03:52 PM
KDF will have newly made holiday... Holiday of sharping Bat'leths, Mak'lets and any other weapon in waiting for all those Romulans, sworn enemies of Klingon Empire, joining their fleets.
Sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my primary language.

"Dear players we have for you new useless event and only-one-map-use-divices, and much more new "content", but we can't repair glitch in chat system which make mutes on private channels permament. So deal with it and give us your remaining money."
Career Officer
# 23
03-31-2013, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stev2510 View Post
First Contact Day would be a different day for each species of the federation. Would it not be better to celebrate FEDERATION DAY.
If I'm not mistaking there is a founding of the federation day or something along that line.
Captain
# 24
03-31-2013, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radaikofromulus View Post
If I'm not mistaking there is a founding of the federation day or something along that line.
Yes actually. Though no one can agree what that day actually is.

I imagine it would be a combination of the 4th of July and Cinco de Mayo. BBQ'ed Tacos for all.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
HI HO, HI HO. OFF DUTY SLOT NEEDS TO GO!

"It's better to ask a dumb question, than to remain an idiot forever."
Captain
# 25
03-31-2013, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagasensei View Post
as for the KDF event i'd place my money on the Kot'baval Festival (Holiday commemorating Molor's death at the hands of Kahless as seen in TNG: "Firstborn")
Nice idea here. An authentic Klingon event would be a nice change of pace.
Rihannsu
# 26
03-31-2013, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Nice idea here. An authentic Klingon event would be a nice change of pace.
Except for one thing.

Qo'noS is not Earth, the problem I have with commemorative dates is that you are assuming they are using the gregorian calendar and fixed dates, this is not true even on Earth as Easter is a example because the observance is based on a Lunar calendar.

Second, the problem is its not very likely a "day" and a "year" that can be directly translated into Earth own definitions of day and year as such planets would have to have the exact same orbit around their sun as Earth does with Sol and taking the exact same time as Earth does of turning around its own axis.

Chances of that happening are about nil.

Simply put, if you think calling someone in Europe is a problem because Timezones wait until we get colonies outside Earth.

I am only saying this because as "alien holidays are nice" they are also something you cannot just stick on the gregorian calendar.

Last edited by f2pdrakron; 03-31-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Captain
# 27
03-31-2013, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
I am only saying this because as "alien holidays are nice" they are also something you cannot just stick on the gregorian calendar.
This is a video game. You can program something to happen every 426.5376 earth days.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
HI HO, HI HO. OFF DUTY SLOT NEEDS TO GO!

"It's better to ask a dumb question, than to remain an idiot forever."
Captain
# 28
03-31-2013, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Except for one thing.

Qo'noS is not Earth, the problem I have with commemorative dates is that you are assuming they are using the gregorian calendar and fixed dates, this is not true even on Earth as Easter is a example because the observance is based on a Lunar calendar.

Second, the problem is its not very likely a "day" and a "year" can be directly translated into Earth own definitions of day and year as they would have to have the exact same orbit around their sun as Earth does with Sol and taking the exact same time as Earth does of turning around its own axis.

Chances of that happening are about nil.

Simply put, if you think calling someone in Europe is a problem because Timezones wait until we get colonies outside Earth.

Just ignore the "date" or better yet call it a wild coincidence. Suspend your disbelief if you will ... we do it all the time with all the absurd things in this game. We need diversity in this game not more Fed clones.
Rihannsu
# 29
03-31-2013, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Just ignore the "date" or better yet call it a wild coincidence. Suspend your disbelief if you will ... we do it all the time with all the absurd things in this game. We need diversity in this game not more Fed clones.
Just a nitpick because it bugs me.

Also I suppose this is why they rather not use alien holidays beyond the occasional one as if someone ever commits something like a calendar it creates problems (heck look at DS9 and the whole Alpha/Beta Quadrant deal wit charts) and since it not really important to set the date in a direct translation.
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
03-31-2013, 04:37 PM
Should be no problem as they come up with new holidays all the time in the RW.

By Star Treks time no one would work ever as all 365 days would now be considered holidays.

A holiday used to have to have meaning, now it's just an excuse to have a day off.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.