Empire Veteran
From the Redshirt patch notes, just to spread the word:

"Resolved an issue that occasionally made some persisted FX stop showing up.
In other words, Borg and other torpedoes will no longer mysteriously disappear."

So Borg invisi-torps will be gone now, and in their place...VISIBLE Borg torps to crit one-shot you.

Rihannsu
# 2
03-30-2013, 11:40 PM
Ill believe it when i see it.

haha

See what i did there?!
Career Officer
# 3
03-30-2013, 11:40 PM
I think I'll hold off my celebration until this bug is gone for good. There's been too many times this bug had returned and raised cain.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Captain
# 4
03-30-2013, 11:44 PM
Wait. So now we'll be able to see those torpedoes hit a ship with full shields/hull, ignore the shields and rip the ship apart for several times that ship's hullpoints?
Empire Veteran
# 5
03-30-2013, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
I think I'll hold off my celebration until this bug is gone for good. There's been too many times this bug had returned and raised cain.
Amen there. I fully expect this to return eventually, probably with the Romulan update. Still worth mentioning though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnehart View Post
Wait. So now we'll be able to see those torpedoes hit a ship with full shields/hull, ignore the shields and rip the ship apart for several times that ship's hullpoints?
Yeah, pretty much. So instead of dying to invisible torpedoes, you'll be dying to visible versions like we should've been doing the whole time.

Career Officer
# 6
03-31-2013, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post

In other words, Borg and other torpedoes will no longer mysteriously disappear."

So Borg invisi-torps will be gone now, and in their place...VISIBLE Borg torps to crit one-shot you.
What are we up to now? Is it three or four times they've said invisitorps would be gone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
....you are a bad starship captain and you should feel bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
However, I think with regard to the Romulan Republic player characters/npcs, it all comes down to a finite point:

These are not the Romulans from the shows.
Career Officer
# 7
03-31-2013, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Cryptic is notorious for reintroducing old bugs in later patches. I'd hold off on celebrating until its gone for a year or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
....you are a bad starship captain and you should feel bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
However, I think with regard to the Romulan Republic player characters/npcs, it all comes down to a finite point:

These are not the Romulans from the shows.
Lieutenant
# 8
03-31-2013, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post

Didn't they also state that they decreased the damage done by the torpedoes launched by Spheres, Cubes, and Gateways?
Commander
# 9
03-31-2013, 01:36 AM
Hmm. I'm more interested in persistent FX being fixed so that it's visible at all times. Maybe now I'll stop flying straight into invisible Theta Radiation clouds in pvp!

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Commander
# 10
03-31-2013, 02:17 AM
If we could simply "hail" the torpedoes, then we could pop them out of cloak at will!

The account formerly known as C_Carmichael
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack. I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey