Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 111
04-06-2013, 01:21 PM
I, too, like a challenging match as well, even though I wouldn't consider myself amongst the 'elite' PvPers, amongst the likes of Sad Pandas, Critz, etc. Especially when that challenge comes from the opponent building their ship and character well and handling their ship well, and not from some universal console they're cheesing with. It's a pleasure when I come across tenacious, equally skilled Federation players in Ker'rat, rather than the usual spawn-camping rabble.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,753
# 112
04-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Zyphoid7, Thanks for all the hard work at BootCamp.
I havent been able to enjoy it myself but Ive heard nothing but good things about it from other players and its awesome that such a helpful event was created to help dispel so many bad ideas on PvP and how to play it.
Thanks to you and all those whom have become mentors.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,668
# 113
04-06-2013, 08:53 PM
Bury this thread, it's been shat on.


Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,424
# 114
04-06-2013, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Bury this thread, it's been shat on.
TBH, IMO, it wasn't a very good thread to start with.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 225
# 115
04-08-2013, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
TBH, IMO, it wasn't a very good thread to start with.
well don't let the door hit you on the way out
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 33
# 116
04-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacefortress View Post
[i]

CryoX is reknowned for cheating and using exploits by TSI...he was caught in the act before ...and once I modify the recording and compession this guy will be busted again. When Cryo, Zac and 2 other croonies from the House of Orions attacked me simultaneously, they couldn't kill me outright except to exploit using that stupid 2minute cd of power trays

Couldn't pop a buff after that ...at first i wasn't sure if it was a coincidence but then it happened again, and again. These guys were exploiting big time!

How dare u coming in here accusing me of cheating and exploits providing no proof whatsoever ?
Just because u are a sore looser that simply cant accept defeat doesnt mean that everyone that pops u must be using some "exploit" ??

As far as "catching me in the act" goes is related to me using the doff that would reduce the cooldowns on BOFF abilities shortly before it got fixed and everyone (with access to a tier 2 base) was using it as well ( even some of the "saints" that made the fraps recording to shift the suspicion off themselves)
"expoits by TSI" ..I never had and unlikely i ever will have any special relationships with TSI.

The logic that " he can kill me (me mr invincible awesome) so there is only one explanation: he must be cheating ,is in fact only reflecting someones inability to accept defeat.Some learn this when they are little 6 year old children,apparently others fail to do so even in their 20s and 30s.

------------------------

I apologize for being out of context with the OP .
As far as the original post is concerned i pretty much agree that against this "new" insta kill BOp tactic ,there is absolutely NOTHING you can to to counter it.Referrences to Omega,
Aux to In dampeners,TT,RSP ,Running away with evasive etc etc..is BS !..The problem isnt
the PSW ,but more so the fact that prior of actual attack the BOP is using broken doff Viral matrix ( that continously and randomly is taking down subsystems for an overal duration of....20 seconds!)Using Eng Team,will restore subsystems for only 5 secs of those 20,Using battery helps only to counter the BOFF Viral not the DOFF effect that lingers regardless of ET or battery)
So there u have it : The Bop stalks u ,comes in range ,throws Viral ...waits a few second ( to make sure u ll either use ET (thus not TT) or battery,and strikes when subsystem aux is down.Even if u could use Aux to dampeners ,chances are u wont have any juice because of the viral and from there on the PSW ,Beam overload etc is a piece of cake!
On the other hand i strongly feel that the players who insist using this tactic (beyond perhaps a few rewarding- selfesteem elevating kills for fun) are indeed insecure and cowards.
http://s29.postimg.org/tpfec9ymf/cryox_sig.jpg
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,424
# 117
04-08-2013, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrosrages View Post
well don't let the door hit you on the way out
Hard to when you have a butt as big as mine. Always seems to get me. J/K

And I wonder if the Moderators are just eating popcorn while this thread melts down.. usually Branflakes or some one else would have closed this thread by now.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,753
# 118
04-08-2013, 02:57 PM
Say Muffin.

That sometimes brings them running
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 470
# 119
04-08-2013, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryox1 View Post
As far as "catching me in the act" goes is related to me using the doff that would reduce the cooldowns on BOFF *and captain* abilities shortly before it got fixed and everyone (with access to a tier 2 base) was using it as well ( even some of the "saints" that made the fraps recording to shift the suspicion off themselves)
"expoits by TSI" ..I never had and unlikely i ever will have any special relationships with TSI.
Your assumption that everyone was using it was flawed. But w/e we had our talk in private tells and I lost a lot of respect for you that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryox1 View Post

I apologize for being out of context with the OP .
As far as the original post is concerned i pretty much agree that against this "new" insta kill BOp tactic ,there is absolutely NOTHING you can to to counter it.Referrences to Omega,
Aux to In dampeners,TT,RSP ,Running away with evasive etc etc..is BS !..The problem isnt
the PSW ,but more so the fact that prior of actual attack the BOP is using broken doff Viral matrix ( that continously and randomly is taking down subsystems for an overal duration of....20 seconds!)Using Eng Team,will restore subsystems for only 5 secs of those 20,Using battery helps only to counter the BOFF Viral not the DOFF effect that lingers regardless of ET or battery)
No viral doffs are used in the attack. If you clear it with ET, the effect is gone.

You seem to have some impression on how the attack is executed so perhaps you should focus more that...

If your spec in emitters is too low for RSP to properly absorb the dmg, that isn't any ones issue but your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryox1 View Post
So there u have it : The Bop stalks u ,comes in range ,throws Viral ...waits a few second ( to make sure u ll either use ET (thus not TT) or battery,and strikes when subsystem aux is down.Even if u could use Aux to dampeners ,chances are u wont have any juice because of the viral and from there on the PSW ,Beam overload etc is a piece of cake!
On the other hand i strongly feel that the players who insist using this tactic (beyond perhaps a few rewarding- selfesteem elevating kills for fun) are indeed insecure and cowards.
Since it's such a 'piece of cake' why don't you try it? MT nor myself are out there ganking people with odds in our favor. But I guess you have this impression that winning against 2-3 people with your group of 4-5-6 is winning?

As far as self-esteem boost goes. I lol'd pretty freaking hard at that comment.


lolz!!!
-X-/Pandas - Pheo
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 265
# 120
04-09-2013, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremenoob1 View Post
MT nor myself are out there ganking people with odds in our favor. But I guess you have this impression that winning against 2-3 people with your group of 4-5-6 is winning?
lolz!!!
Well, lets be honest. MT is the one who is successfully ganks, u in the other hand...not so much, so I advise not to put those two names in same context.

Also, adapting specs against some short time strategy won't happen. Its easier to just...remove myself from a map if im not in mood for some explosions. Switching some power or two also might help, but its so frustrating continuously having to move your icons over power tray.

Cheers, and have fun.
________________________________________________
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 112038 Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Ugop.
[Combat (Self)] Your Isometric Charge deals 78943 (70343) Electrical Damage(Critical) to Trinity.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:27 PM.