Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Bug Reports
Login

Cryptic Studios Team
# 11
04-30-2013, 11:49 AM
I checked on one of our XP Pro machines on tip code, and the core counts look fine, that is it's showing dual core with no hyperthreading:

PrefEntry SystemSpecs.numRealCPUs 2
PrefEntry SystemSpecs.numVirtualCPUs 2

It would help to know whether or not your GamePrefs is showing that the core and hyperthread detection is working.

Dave
Empire Veteran
# 12
04-30-2013, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hithereyou View Post
I checked on one of our XP Pro machines on tip code, and the core counts look fine, that is it's showing dual core with no hyperthreading:

It would help to know whether or not your GamePrefs is showing that the core and hyperthread detection is working.

Dave
I launch tribble this morning around 7am eastern. It was running rather slow. But after I logged and mine had 8 and 8. Since my machine and 8 core. All look good.

Note my system is amd chip set. a AMD FX-8350 FX-Series Eight-Core Processor Edition, Black

Last edited by theparanoid; 04-30-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Captain
# 13
04-30-2013, 12:32 PM
Quote:

Dave
Shouldnt it be 2 and 0 then if hyperthreading is disabled? Only 2 physical cores active.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 14
04-30-2013, 01:21 PM
The num virtual CPUs is the number of hyperthreads (1 means only one thread active per core) multiplied by number of processors, so it should be greater than or equal to the number of real CPUs.

I tested Tribble out on the XP Pro machine. The Video options UI shows multi-core as available and enabled. So whatever's going on, we're going to need more information.

Dave
Career Officer
# 15
04-30-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
The num virtual CPUs is the number of hyperthreads (1 means only one thread active per core) multiplied by number of processors, so it should be greater than or equal to the number of real CPUs.

I tested Tribble out on the XP Pro machine. The Video options UI shows multi-core as available and enabled. So whatever's going on, we're going to need more information.

Dave
The OP isn't running XP Pro, however. He's running Media Center, as was several friends who tested it with him (although I also hear that it's not JUST Media Center).
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Lieutenant
# 16
04-30-2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:

Dave

Reinstalling Tribble, couldn't last night due to patching issues. It's roughly a 12GB patch.