Commander
# 1 How can I get lots of plays?
04-02-2013, 02:40 PM
So I have a misson "Desperate Prey" that I've worked very hard on, followed advice from Foundry veterans, made adjustment after feedback, etc. It has a rating of 4.22 stars, which is BETTER than some spotlighted missions. But it only has 58 plays. I'm pretty confident that the rating will more or less hold up if I could get more people to notice it. Is there a good, effective way to get more plays for my mission?
I've done the following:
Asked in the description that, in lieu of a tip, players tell everyone they know if they liked it
Created a thread in the missions section about it and bumped it up every time I've updated it
Advertised my Foundry missions in my signature
Currently working on my ability to create an eye-catching banner for my signature. (But of course this only applies when I actually post something, which is not all the time.)

Any other ideas or advice on how I can get more plays for my mission?
Thanks!

If you like Foundry missions, try mine here!
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
04-02-2013, 03:03 PM
The only thing I can think of that you haven't already done is submit your mission for review to one of the Foundry podcasts, i.e. PrimetimeUGC, PodcastUGC or Foundry Files. But even then it's not a guarantee for your mission to get plays, but it could help get the name of the mission out there.

Other than that there's not much else you can do.

P.S. Having a mission spotlight is virtually guaranteed to drop your mission rating.
Career Officer
# 3
04-02-2013, 03:06 PM
This is a start. I'll try it tonight.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-02-2013, 05:02 PM
" It has a rating of 4.22 stars, which is BETTER than some spotlighted missions. "

I recently did a study of ratings for the Top 32 missions and the Spotlight missions which you can read HERE on Starbase UGC.

What this has to do with your statement is that one of the things I found were players who reviewed spotlight missions judged them to a higher scale than standard missions...and not by a little bit, but by a significant amount.