Lt. Commander
# 1 odd crashing
01-13-2010, 04:15 PM
While playing STO, iv had 3 crashes of the game that are rather odd. The game freezes and the mouse still moves, then stops responding, and if i wait long enough the screen flashes black, and either windows or the pc makes a beeping sound followed by a black screen with odd colored lines running horizontal all over the screen, and of course the only way to correct it is to shut off the pc.
Curious if anyone else has had this problem or something that i should direct to cryptic.

edit, forgot something
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solnil
While playing STO, iv had 3 crashes of the game that are rather odd. The game freezes and the mouse still moves, then stops responding, and if i wait long enough the screen flashes black, and either windows or the pc makes a beeping sound followed by a black screen with odd colored lines running horizontal all over the screen, and of course the only way to correct it is to shut off the pc.
Curious if anyone else has had this problem or something that i should direct to cryptic.

edit, forgot something
Just guessing, but is any part of your system overclocked?. What video caqd make/model?

I get similar but it drops to desktop with no odd colored lines.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-13-2010, 04:19 PM
using duel radeon hd 4850s, and they are overclocked, but not maxed out, and using xp pro

also its not consistent, iv only had it happen 3 times so far and iv played for quite a few hours with it doing nothin.

edit again xP
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solnil
using duel radeon hd 4850s, and they are overclocked, but not maxed out, and using xp pro

also its not consistent, iv only had it happen 3 times so far and iv played for quite a few hours with it doing nothin.

edit again xP
Using HD4890 here on Windows 7. Have seen some more ATI users have similar issue but nothing to really say it is our cards.

I have found some games sensative to card overclocking, even mild. Just something to consider.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-13-2010, 04:37 PM
ok thanks, just had it happen again. Done it twice now in a short period of time, ganna go back to defualts and see what it does.

thanks for the help