Ensign
ok so i was just flying around a void mission (or better known as a explore system) and got attacked by Klingons now with this in mind i promptly blew them away with my ship but then the thought accrued to me why were they not cloaked to start with and trying to get the jump on my ;for lack of a better term... i think it would be nice for pw or cryptic or dev teams to change the Ai so that when under a Klingon threat that the boff tells you sensors are picking up cloaked ships, and there actually cloaked on the tactical map until your in blasting range of 10 also i think that if this was implemented it would give significant more value to certain in game consoles such as sensor probes and extra aux power consoles....

now with this in mind it would make it extremely hard to actually finish a fight with Klingons if you never can find them and i think this is a valid counter argument. With that in mind i think it would be lore appropriate to leave one ship in a war party uncloaked...

please feel free to leave feedback and constructive criticism.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-17-2013, 11:53 AM
They already do this in Klingon Scout Force.

One ship will be uncloaked and then as soon as you enter their range, all the other ships in the group decloak.

Other than that, Cloaking is used as a spawn/despawn trigger most of the time.
Captain
# 3
05-17-2013, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yargomesh View Post
They already do this in Klingon Scout Force.

One ship will be uncloaked and then as soon as you enter their range, all the other ships in the group decloak.

Other than that, Cloaking is used as a spawn/despawn trigger most of the time.
I'm not sure if that's a de-cloak, or just a spawn-in trigger firing. Given the completely uniform formation the ships always manage to be in after appearing, my money is on the latter.