Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Survivor of Romulus
# 11
04-08-2013, 09:45 AM
1st bail 1 hour
2nd bail 3 hours
3rd bail 24 hours
4th bail 7 days
5th bail life

(just my view)
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-08-2013, 07:36 PM
I have no problem if someone leaves.and.the one hour ban is sufficient... I have a problem with people.who.afk the entire match, then as soon as its over pick up their loot and leave...

I think if you afk an entire match and grab your loot at the end you should be demoted 10 levels...
Ensign
# 13
04-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Yeah, leaving the rest hanging and you get a ban for an hour and complain? This is a mild punishment for such and act, I would be ruthless making it account wide 4 hour ban. I understand sometimes it's not your fault and lose connection sometimes and can't get back on in time, but that's rare enough to not worry about, also I hate it when someone bails just cause the optional failed. On cure space it's more important everyone is there than the other two. So, the one hour ban is a good thing and imo not harsh enough.
Captain
# 14
04-08-2013, 08:17 PM
There should be a team kick feature that can be implemented by the team voting to kick someone else off the team if they are AFKing.

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
It's about time. DEVS NEED ACCOUNTABILITY.
Captain
# 15
04-09-2013, 10:08 AM
The OP said 1 person already left and then he decided to leave and got a penalty. If 1 person already left the mission other players should be able to leave without penalty. Players should not be forced into playing short handed or get a penalty.

I have been in some ground missions that had multiple people leave making the mission impossible to finish and then I left and got a penalty and that is just BS. I hate having to either wait 15 min from start of the mission to be able to leave without penalty.

I personally don't like the penalty at all because more people leech missions that have penalties because they know people would be much less likely to leave. If people could leave without penalty their would be less leeching because more people would leave if their are leechers and the leechers would get nothing making leeching much less profitable.
Rihannsu
# 16
04-09-2013, 12:02 PM
the problem with that is, while you are making it less profitable for leachers, you are making the STFs easier to troll. That's what happened before the penalty was implemented, people will troll STFs by leaving, either at the very start, or at a critical moment, just to screw with the rest of the team. Plus you'll have the people who leave when the optional looks like it's gonna fail, even though the optional doesn't matter anymore, (it never did, really, because the prototypes never dropped in the optional bag anyway) but people still think it makes a difference.
Career Officer
# 17
04-09-2013, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
I think the leaver penalty needs to be removed completely.

Because if its removed, afk leechers will no longer be able to troll so badly.
Removing the penalty won't do much, if anything at all, to prevent AFK'ers. What it would most certainly do is make quitting STFs much more rampant. Soon as an optional fails, people will quit and queue up again immediately because there is no penalty.

This is of course easily solved by not PUGing STFs etc. Just team with people you know and have fun. No early quitters, no AFK leechers.
Dear Devs: I enjoyed the Legacy of Romulus expansion much more than the Delta Rising expansion. For specific reasons why and suggestions for future improvements to STO, please look here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.
Career Officer
# 18
04-09-2013, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
There should be a team kick feature that can be implemented by the team voting to kick someone else off the team if they are AFKing.
A team of 4 griefers can vote to kick you even when you are participating just for kicks.
Dear Devs: I enjoyed the Legacy of Romulus expansion much more than the Delta Rising expansion. For specific reasons why and suggestions for future improvements to STO, please look here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-10-2013, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lysandermarcellus View Post
IMO the leaver penalty should be 24 hours for the STF that you left, 5 hours for all STFs and 1 hour for every other PvE queue

Oh, and it should also be an account wide timer.

Worried you'll get wrongfully pinned with it because you have a crappy internet connection? Well, too bad. Get out of the stone-age.
And those that have a good net connection and get kicked because of the game are also screwed. But since that was none of our fault we need to get out of the stone age.

Some things would work so much better if people just thought before they commented.
Career Officer
# 20
04-10-2013, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lysandermarcellus View Post

Worried you'll get wrongfully pinned with it because you have a crappy internet connection? Well, too bad. Get out of the stone-age.
Stone age? That would be the land of floppy disks, sneaker net, thin net, fat net, token ring, coax networks, and dial up modems... OH GOT THE HORRORS!!

And things happen to internet connections. Networks lag, routers go bad, modems die, and power blips, brownouts, and outages happen.

Even with a battery backup system running my PC and home network all it takes for those of us not in a location with underground utilities is a single tree branch, tree, speeding lunatic, drunk driver, or forces of nature to cause a disruption in utilities. And by utilities I mean phone/DSL/ADSL/fiber optic, cable TV/internet, and power.

Things happen, Murphy comes over for a visit, and just accept the fact that while YOU may have an internet connection that others dream about, YOU must pause and think about those of us who may not have the most stable always available connections. I had to live with dial up for years, NEVER getting above 26.4kb due to old paper insulated phone lines. Then in 2002... Adelphia dropped broadband service, which was about as stable as a drunk one legged giraffe. In 2003 Adelphia had managed to "fix" their network, later actually fixing it before becoming Comcast. Even today I still have issues with the Comcast internet service.

It even took my area 11 years to get even a single bar of cellular service. Now my area gets two bars of service, and I don't even have to go out to the end of my driveway to fish for a cellular signal like in the past.
Vice Admiral Triela - Proud member of Valhalla's Rising
██ ██ U.S.S. Protos Heis ██ ██
Lieutenant General - Scheherazade - Honorable warrior of Sto'Vo'kor's Rising
██ ██ I.K.S. Protos Heis ██ ██