Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lieutenant
# 31
04-12-2013, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaewen View Post
You mean so that the trolls can boot the good players.

Exactly my point. Anyone who has played CSS or other that has that, its gets abused like hell...
Lt. Commander
# 32
04-19-2013, 09:18 PM
Well, what if you get temporarily banned by mistake?
In other words, what if you joined the wrong queue and had to leave it right away, and you get 1 hour banned for it?

Doesn't that sound unfair, since you didn't mean to join that one queue, but was actually going for the queue above or below it and you accidently press that other queue by mistake?

Well, it just happened to me: I was aiming for the Crystalline Entity event, and pressed Hive Onslaught by mistake, so I log out of it once it was done loading, and now I got banned from queues for an hour. It was all a mistake on my part. I was going down the queue list too fast.
View My gallery at http://captricosakara.deviantart.com

"Hit Me Back, Just to Chat!"
-Stan
Starfleet Veteran
# 33
04-19-2013, 09:54 PM
Vote kick would only be really useful to troll if you also had the leaver penalty. If the leaver penalty only occured when you voluntarily left and not if you were frocefuly removed then the only real troll left would be to kick you before the finish.

However even that could be solved with a cut off say 10 minutes into the stf you cant kick anyone.

Would it solve all leeching?...no
Would it solve some leeching?....probably

Is it worth it to boot a bad player?.....eh depends on how good the other 4 are
Could it be abused?...sure, but to what gain if you can just cue right back up?

And to clear that last hurdle, what if its obviously a lost cause before the 15 minute mark?
A vote quit system. The remaining plaayers vote to end the stf early and leave with no penalty.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Lieutenant
# 34
05-03-2013, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uss917019 View Post
I was in a STF and there was a little accident that you guys all know the nodes being killed before and the OPT fails then 1 player left the map and then I sayd to myself I will just leave also it gave me a STF leave penalty wich is stupid then I want to do some big dig or something else then STF now it says this: [System] [PvPGeneral] You are temporarily banned from joining or creating public queues.

Like since when do you get BANNED in all queues???

And how long is my ban???
You sound like the ragequitters I have been having to deal with lately! I can barely get an STF done without one dropping for one reason or another, thus making the mission either VERY hard or impossible to finish. I can't count how many missions that I and fellow team members have had to quit out of because someone ragequitted. It's getting to the point that I can only finish MAYBE one or two STFs a night due to ragequitters. And for someone trying to get his Omega rep up for some antiproton weapon so he can be more effective in STFs, that's a problem.

And before you say that I should play with people in my fleet, let me add that I mostly play late nights because I have a very busy life during the day and barely have time for STO.

Also, on a side note, I don't seem to suffer the leaver penalty when I drop from a match for above reasons. I have been in a match and had to drop when two people dropped and made the mission impossible to finish (Cure: Applied, I think it was), so I entered into Cure Found pve and got in, strangely at the same time as one of my team members from the match before also joined that one. Of course, that was a strange match in which someone was flying a Tier 2 Connie. Oh dear, that was a night.
Survivor of Romulus
# 35
05-03-2013, 03:32 AM
For my own part, I've always felt that STF leavers and AFKers (3+ minutes) should be force-dumped, alone, into a hostile PvP queue for an hour.
I was someone else here til the forum/account transition lied
and told me that my original name was taken.
Commander
# 36
05-10-2013, 04:29 PM
Leaving is sometimes justified. Imagine a situation where you get 2 useless guys (afkers, injury stackers with negative dps, low tier heroes, deaf clueless newbs, whatever) - and one of decent players leaves/ragequits as a result, so you are stuck with 1 decent player and 2 deadweights. Since Infected and Khit (after getting to Donatra) don't have failure conditions, you are facing either a leaver penalty or a delightful night spent with Borg.
Starfleet Veteran
# 37
05-10-2013, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notoryczny View Post
Leaving is sometimes justified. Imagine a situation where you get 2 useless guys (afkers, injury stackers with negative dps, low tier heroes, deaf clueless newbs, whatever) - and one of decent players leaves/ragequits as a result, so you are stuck with 1 decent player and 2 deadweights. Since Infected and Khit (after getting to Donatra) don't have failure conditions, you are facing either a leaver penalty or a delightful night spent with Borg.
Try spending 45 mins working on the first Unimatrix in hive only do have the deadweight be so deadweight the shields were still at 100%. Even I ragequit at that point...

***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
Rihannsu
# 38
05-11-2013, 07:32 AM
Leaving is sometimes justified, true. And in my experience, the game will not give you penalty if you've given it a good try. Certainly I've been many a ground STF pug that just couldn't manage the boss battle. Never once got a penalty when everyone eventually gives up.

There's a difference between admitting defeat when you've been trying for half an hour and the team just can't do it, and blowing a hissy fit over 15 omega marks 2 minutes into the mission.
Republic Veteran
# 39
05-11-2013, 01:57 PM
The only time i ever bail out if they start going after two nodes and keep doing the same thing the more you tell the how todo it. The leaver penalty should be for afkers and so for th not because they troll you to death then finish it after you leave.
Ensign
# 40
05-13-2013, 12:35 AM
I've had to leave due to people quitting, such as in Hive onslaught, and it told me I'd be banned for an hour from doing it again if I left. It must be broken, because I could immediately queue for another and join another. Or I just get lucky. Not the first time it promised a 1-hour ban from a fleet action and didn't pull through on it.