Captain
# 21
04-07-2013, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
THIS!^^^

As someone who still spends time modding Space Empires 5 and who used to mod Diablo 2, That is VERY true!
You have SE5?

Quote:
Did you zoom in? When I'm doing precise item placements in the editor I zoom in to make arranging the items easier. I might need to adjust things a little afterwards, but I can usually get them to look almost right.
Calculating the XYZ coordinates works too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendra3780 View Post
You should not need more than 30 mins for that circular pattern enhancer-forcefield build.
It could take less, it could take more - depending on how precise you are.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Rihannsu
# 22
04-07-2013, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
You have SE5?
despite it's age it's one of my favorite games. BEHOLD!
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.

Last edited by markhawkman; 04-07-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Captain
# 23
04-08-2013, 06:43 AM
Quote:
despite it's age it's one of my favorite games. BEHOLD!
What about it?

Me, I wish it didn't lose just about every good thing in its combat system when trying to play multiplayer. And that it was actually possible to RANDOMLY find somebody to play.
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
Rihannsu
# 24
04-08-2013, 07:40 AM
Quote:
What about it?

Me, I wish it didn't lose just about every good thing in its combat system when trying to play multiplayer. And that it was actually possible to RANDOMLY find somebody to play.
We have PBW. It even has Warp 10 mod(Star Trek themed). I've had a lot of people tell me they liked it.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 25
04-08-2013, 10:57 AM
Quote:
We have PBW. It even has Warp 10 mod(Star Trek themed). I've had a lot of people tell me they liked it.
PBW?

Also, 7zip.
Rihannsu
# 26
04-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Quote:
PBW?

Also, 7zip.
Play By Web. It helps coordinate people doing multiplayer.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Captain
# 27
04-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Play By Web. It helps coordinate people doing multiplayer.
Meh, even so, the best part about SE5's combat system was the ability to maneuver your ships. Something you don't get in multiplayer.

In that respect, it's like Imperium Galactica 2 or Star Wars Empire at War.
Rihannsu
# 28
04-08-2013, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Meh, even so, the best part about SE5's combat system was the ability to maneuver your ships. Something you don't get in multiplayer.

In that respect, it's like Imperium Galactica 2 or Star Wars Empire at War.
Enh... once you get to fleets of 20+ it's pretty much impossible anyways. Carefully setting combat strategies goes a long ways.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Captain
# 29
04-08-2013, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Enh... once you get to fleets of 20+ it's pretty much impossible anyways. Carefully setting combat strategies goes a long ways.
That's why I don't make fleets of 20+ - I just carefully command my 1 single dreadnought and, sooner or later, destroy the entire opposing fleet.

Edit: I do believe SE4 didn't have player-controlled combat in multiplayer either, and at least there you could command entire armadas properly.
Rihannsu
# 30
04-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Quote:
That's why I don't make fleets of 20+ - I just carefully command my 1 single dreadnought and, sooner or later, destroy the entire opposing fleet.

Edit: I do believe SE4 didn't have player-controlled combat in multiplayer either, and at least there you could command entire armadas properly.
Hehe, I suppose that strategy does work sometimes. It kinda started to bore me after a while though. It's not that you can't do that with armadas, it's that it's stupidly time consuming..... Especially if you're using fighters in space combat... I'd rather not spend 20 minutes giving orders in one battle.....

Hehe, you should see the cheap tricks I used on the AIs in SE2. :p Yeesh... poor things never stood a chance.....

In SE5, I just out research the AI.... that makes things stupidly easy....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!