Ensign
# 31
04-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
I can second this, a very few very vocal people are complaining.
The homepage does not support your guess

i cite from the upper homepage from the cm
"beginning of cite
Total number of separate accounts that posted in the thread: 194
Positive responses: 13.9% - 107 posts
Negative responses: 23.8% - 183 posts
Neutral responses: 15.2% - 117 posts
Off-topic responses: 47.1% - 363 posts
End of cite"
almost 50 % % of the posts were off topic....just calculate this out
50% were topic related just stretch this to 100%
Positive responses: 13.9% - 107 posts -->say 14 times 2 --> 28 % positive
Negative responses: 23.8% - 183 posts --> say 24 times 2 --> 48 % negative
Neutral responses: 15.2% - 117 posts --> say 15 times 2 --> 30 % neutral

Now something from the german forum --- a survey

link if you like to see it: http://sto-forum.de.perfectworld.eu/...d.php?t=292851

i will give you summary

30 % have no opinion
25 % say addons have both advantages and disadvanteges
15 % are afraif will end like the klings
55 % saying it is not what i expected from the addons

After all it is all numbers

It is about the quality of their comments

It is not about the question if the majority is negative or positive. It is about treating the customers like individuals really listening to thier concers and not to practice what we call in Europe "Basta-Polics"( it means my words are final no discussion just accept what i think is best for you and this my last word)
Captain
# 32
04-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkelfofficer View Post
You cannot reasonably come to that conclusion based on an article that essentially has the divide of enthused:disappointed at 1:1.

Nor do you get to just add neutral to one side or the other because it suits your purpose. Neutral is neutral. Either they don't care, or have no opinion. That does not coincide with favorable/unfavorable.

When we are saying that the majority dissaproves, that means the majority has to disapprove. Neutral is not dissaproval.

And I was in that thread, and I had an argument with just one person who posted about rage for like 3 pages. So I know it from experience.
Captain
# 33
04-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
Within a few moments, I am going to listen to the podcast.

I hope this is not an April Fools joke.

As I have said in many threads, the only problem Cryptic has is in communicating. Once the interviews and advertising conflicts, the players will start to react in a very negative manner.

After the new website went up, the impression everyone got was that a full-blown Romulan faction was on the way. Within a matter of a few days, all the interviews, blogs, and statements started to conflict.

Reference One: Ask Cryptic: Legacy of Romulus

Reference Two: Legacy of Romulous Info. Page

According to those above statement, the Romulans will be a full independent faction. Once the following was added, later the next day, the new information contradicted the first information.

Reference Three: A note from dStahl:

Cryptic doesn't communicate clearly.

Regardless about what we finally obtain, I will just be happy to play as a Romulan. I just wished Cryptic was not being so cryptic.
Actually, those info releases were very clear. People simply did not use their brain when reading them.

It was clearly said that because the fleet starbase/embassy 'start over from scratch' would be a boner-killer for people, they are adapting the new faction to be able to ally with existing starbases/fleets.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Survivor of Romulus
# 34
04-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomeight View Post
And don't forget, most people who don't think it's that bad don't bother to post.
Very much true. Also, more importantly, those of us that do post on the forums are but a mere minority (and that's being generous) compared to all the playerbase that doesn't bother to visit the forums. We have no certain way to estimate how everyone else playing STO actually feels.
I take myself as an example, I played 10 months before even bothering to check out the forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
This week!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Oh, thank God!
I'm in Europe and it's usually evening here when you post the news on the site, these past couple of weeks I find myself checking the news every evening in hope that a Dev blog pops out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepopeofbeers View Post
Don't be bummed, Branflakes! A lot of us are really excited for LoR.

^This!^

And somehow it has been overshadowed by the great Romulan discussion, but I think it's important to remember that with LoR, the KDF is being made into a full lvl 1-50 faction, their old low tier ships re-instated, at least one T5 ship down that line and new missions at LTG level - something the KDF players have been asking for since forever and I apreciate it very much!
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Career Officer
# 35
04-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
I read a post the other day in which someone claimed that you guys have, and will always envision the Trek Online story as an eternal war between the Federation and Klingon factions. Is this true? Are we likely to ever see a 3rd faction that isn't involved in this war at all? Are we ever likely to see a three-way PvP scenario?
Not according to Dan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl
Second, Romulans remain neutral to each other. The only time you kill other Romulan players is in PVP and we have yet to introduce our goals and plans for PvP, but are placing a stake in the ground that this is 2 faction pvp game, with most pvp happening in the game now being Fed vs Fed which is in and of itself bizarro but it exists because it is fun and the queues are faster. Again we are game.
Good post flash - the only thing I'd add to that is that if the Devs had been more open with their plans and the justification for it then perhaps a lot of this animosity could have been avoided.

There's no good reason to keep things like this behind a curtain other than to have a big marketing splash over it - that's important, yes - but just like with New Romulus, all Cryptics plans come undone because they hint at one thing and deliver something altogether different.

This game has many faults, but by far the biggest is the lack of involvement with the community that allows it to thrive.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Ensign
# 36
04-01-2013, 03:58 PM
Yes its all a matter of some people lack brains. My 8 year old son was able to figure this crap out better than half of you. He even was smart enough to crack a dictionary and look up what faction means and what fleet means. Two very different words.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
Captain
# 37
04-01-2013, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
You missed the part where she then disclosed how much of those negative posts were made by how many posters. There were 178 negative posts, but they were all made by the same 71 people, whereas the 107 positive posts, while fewer, were made by about 75 different people.

Overwhelming volume of negative posts doesn't mean much when the actual percentile of negative to positive posters is close to 1:1.
Well, yeah. I understood and read the whole article.

I just didn't think it was necessary for Terilynn Shull to end the article on a negative note. I can understand her frustration with players; however, I would have ended the article in a light manner.

Within the majority of my responses, based upon the new season, I have been trying to shed light on a misstep in communications. Its fixable. As I have been saying all along, I am very happy for a chance to play as a Romulan. Cryptic just needs to make sure their advertising is not so cryptic or confusing.

Last edited by linyive; 04-01-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Commander
# 38
04-01-2013, 04:00 PM
I feel like the hype for this Romulan faction was uncalled for. A countdown timer for a 60 day wait for a faction that isn't a faction... Some of us are still waiting for real end game content and expanded pvp.
Captain
# 39
04-01-2013, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
I've just listened to Friday's interview with 'The Verdict' in which you mention you were a bit bumped about some fan feedback regarding Legacy of Romulus. Seeing as I was pretty focal on my opinion of it (so much so that I received an understandable signature warning over it) I feel the need to address the situation nice and clearly.

I am overjoyed that the Romulans are making a playable appearance in the game. Am I bothered that the Romulans of choice aren't remnants of the Empire? No, not really. People can play KDF and have their ship and crew roleplay as an honorable crew following Martok, or a dishonored crew following Torg or Duras. The choice-faction within the Romulan faction never bothered me because people can role-play.

What has bothered me specifically (and I believe this to be the main concern of those who have complained) is that Romulan players are being forced to align with the Federation or KDF when they'd have rather played as a Romulan that was specific and unique; and not a part of the war front.

During all the updates, news, speculation etc that came before last weeks Ask Cryptic it was insinuated that the Romulans we were getting would be complete, unique, and on their own. Granted that can be put down to speculation on the part of the readers, but I'd be lying if I said the choice of words used by whoever writes this stuff is insightful, it isn't; it gave a lot of people the wrong idea.

I'm pretty sure I speak for nearly everyone when I say we're all looking forward to May, and everything that is involved with that expansion. It's just a lot of us were expecting a unique faction and three-way PvP, and when concerns and complaints were listed, they seemingly went ignored; you made several posts in the big Romulan Thread in the main Discussion stating that you and the team are taking our feedback in. What exactly does that mean?

If you've all invested the time and effort into the way it's going to be, then is our feedback merely something to read and dismiss? Nobody within their right mind is going to expect everything you've been working on for the past 6 months to be edited and changed within the next month or two, though it would be nice to know that are concerns aren't being brushed away once read.

I read a post the other day in which someone claimed that you guys have, and will always envision the Trek Online story as an eternal war between the Federation and Klingon factions. Is this true? Are we likely to ever see a 3rd faction that isn't involved in this war at all? Are we ever likely to see a three-way PvP scenario?
I disagree with the point you made (in bold).

The storyline being followed is the Romulan empire blew up along with their homeworld. The broken remains are being actively helped by both KDF and FED while the militaristic remnants of the Tal Shiar are trying to bully the survivors into forming a new romulan empire while D'tan and his ilk are trying to form a Republic.

I think Cryptic could make the 'pure romulan' faction you want simply be available by allowing players to join the Tal Shiar at later levels. Say.. 30 to 49...

That would roleplay nicely into canon by having the player join Fed or KDF and later on be recruited into the talshiar but STILL remain able to use KDF or FED gear right up to the last level.

At 50 the player would choose finally if he becomes full Tal Shiar (and loses fed/KDF stuff access) or not.

Since romulans have no starbases and the TalShiar is supposed to a covert unit anyway... they should instead simply have an embassy type base on some hidden moonlet. From a 3 tier max hidden base the player can access the full romulan gear and whatever tal shiar goodies come out.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Survivor of Romulus
# 40
04-01-2013, 04:03 PM
I only need to know one thing:

If I make a Romulan character and I choose say Federation to ally with, will my Romulan character have access to all my Federation cstore ships and, in turn, my Fed character has access to Romulan ships etc?

Simple clarification on this will decide if I bother with the Romulan content.....

Fed Eng (Main). Fed Sci. Fed Tac. Rom Sci (KDF)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Closed Thread