Captain
I say why not added these villians to the game, be it in main story arcs, or have them in the Foundry so players can use them in their stories. I say it would be a win win on all sides.

Here is my small list of villians IMO that should be added to STO:

1. Moriarty - Last we seen him, he was stuck in a simulation computer box, with his GF doing simulated adventures. BUT, what if he is released, and gains what the Voyager Doctors has? The Mobile Emitter? I am sure someone by now figured out how to make more of these things, and MAYBE a fellow Photonic learns of Moriarty prison, and gets him and his GF out of that box and into the real universe. Tons can be done with this character.

2. Armus - Were there is a warning, over time they are person that MUSt see what the so called danger is all about. Maybe there is gold in thos ehills, and the Federation only wants it all for themself. With that Logic type thinking, you can have Armus escaping that planet, and doing all types of bad across the sector.

3. The Pah-Wraiths After time goes by, why can't they find a new person to help them take over the galaxy. They failed at the end on DS9s season 7, so why not bring them back as a new story arc in STO. I forget if they were used already, but hey it would back for great story telling in the foundary, if it's not a main story arc in STO.

What say you all, and can you think of any more villians types you would love to see in STO?
Captain
# 2
05-13-2013, 11:52 AM
And yes I know I screwed up in the intro with Villians and wording lol. My bad, I was on lunch typing with one hand.
Captain
# 3
05-13-2013, 11:53 AM
Moriarty might work, but not as a villain. Armus would be an interesting threat to fight. Pah-wraiths have already sort of been done in "Cage of Fire".

I'd love to fight my character's mirror counterpart, whether on the ground or in space. And that lost "Children of Khan" STF with augments would be awesome as well.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured ... the first thought forbidden ... the first freedom denied ... chains us all irrevocably."
Captain
# 4
05-13-2013, 02:12 PM
What would be a kick in the pants for federation captains is a simulator type mission where you replay the events at the mutara nebula...yes you fight khan

I think Cryptic should make a holodeck type thing and sell holodeck missions on the C-store so players could buy the mission they want and go play it

would add a nice trek flare to the game
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
05-13-2013, 02:54 PM
There's a weird problem with Moriarty, he was licensed to be in Star Trek, so they can't re-license him.

There is a persuasive legal argument that he should be public domain now instead of 2022 like the Doyle estate claims, however it's in a cloudy subset of copyright law that's very difficult to litigate and has pretty much always gone in favor of the author, and until somebody challenges in court and wins, the law assumes the author is right (which they probably are).

Put it this way: Warner Brothers decided to pay the immense fees rather than try and argue the point, and they had more money ready just for the copyright lawyers than Cryptic has into all three of its games.
Survivor of Remus
# 6
05-13-2013, 02:59 PM
I'd like to see a few new twists added to the current roster of villains.

1) Space Monsters: Starfleet Command had a few encounters with biological, space-faring organisms powerful enough to threaten a starship. Adding a few monster encounters to the current set of patrol missions would add some variety.

2) An evil Pakled Super-genius. The player might encounter an evil Pakled that reads at a post-high-school level and is moderately good at chess. Terrifying.

3) A Mirror-Universe Wesley Crusher. A brutal and ferocious combatant, he commands an all-female crew from the Sovereign-class warship ISS Pimptimus Maximus. He is the only version of Wesley Crusher than grow facial hair.

4) Assimilated Liberace. The Borg have travelled back in time to assimilate Liberace. Now the Collective is experimenting with terrifying fashion-based weaponry. Fashion-savy Vulcan operative L'ton J'on recruits the player for this multi-mission story arc.

Those are just a few of my many terrible ideas.
Career Officer
# 7
05-13-2013, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squatsauce View Post
Those are just a few of my many terrible ideas.
Of all the many terrible ideas I've ever encountered, yours are by far the best.
Rihannsu
# 8
05-13-2013, 03:37 PM
We have not heard anything from the Sheliak in a while.

The Miradorn and Chalnoth would be interesting as mercenaries or footsoldiers of some other distant power.

Tzenkethi, one of those races mentioned but never seen. Fought at least one war with the Federation already.

Talarians, it would be interesting to see an inferior enemy who utilizes unconventional tactics to fight.

Zalkonians, they had ships equal to the Enterprise-D and were willing to commit genocide against part of their own race. Now part of their race has evolved in to a higher lifeform. What happened to those people? They could be the most dangerous race in the Galaxy by now.
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Captain
# 9
05-14-2013, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkwing43 View Post

2. Armus - Were there is a warning, over time they are person that MUSt see what the so called danger is all about. Maybe there is gold in thos ehills, and the Federation only wants it all for themself. With that Logic type thinking, you can have Armus escaping that planet, and doing all types of bad across the sector.
Were I a member of the bridge crew that served with Tasha, I'd seriously consider a fly by of Armus' planet and drop a little red matter on the spot. And I'd beam a communicator to him just so he could know what was coming.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-14-2013, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
There's a weird problem with Moriarty, he was licensed to be in Star Trek, so they can't re-license him.

There is a persuasive legal argument that he should be public domain now instead of 2022 like the Doyle estate claims, however it's in a cloudy subset of copyright law that's very difficult to litigate and has pretty much always gone in favor of the author, and until somebody challenges in court and wins, the law assumes the author is right (which they probably are).

Put it this way: Warner Brothers decided to pay the immense fees rather than try and argue the point, and they had more money ready just for the copyright lawyers than Cryptic has into all three of its games.
Cryptic did dare to mention Moriarty (by name) in Path to 2409 (Volume 14, Chapter 5 - the Soong Foundation sues for Starfleet to release Moriarty into their custody), but I guess mentioning, in passing, the hologram known as "Moriarty" is a different thing to actually featuring the Moriarty hologram.