Captain
It makes sense, if our Romulans use a non romulan ship, we should be able to use a romulan skin on it.
Lieutenant
# 2
04-01-2013, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstdragon323 View Post
It makes sense, if our Romulans use a non romulan ship, we should be able to use a romulan skin on it.
Very much agreed. Personally, I don't want Romulans to be flying non-Romulan ships at all. But if you intend to allow them to use existing FED or KDF ships, atleast let us use only Romulan skins. You can't blame it on the "silhouette must be identifiable in PVP" excuse, since you'll have Romulans fighting alongside both FED and KDF. Only way to distinguish between a friendly Romulan ship and an enemy Romulan ship, is the color of the targeting.

And if you intend on allowing Romulans to fly FED or KDF ships, then the same should apply in reverse (allow FED/KDF to fly Romulan ships).
Captain
# 3
04-01-2013, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antrenos View Post
Very much agreed. Personally, I don't want Romulans to be flying non-Romulan ships at all. But if you intend to allow them to use existing FED or KDF ships, atleast let us use only Romulan skins. You can't blame it on the "silhouette must be identifiable in PVP" excuse, since you'll have Romulans fighting alongside both FED and KDF. Only way to distinguish between a friendly Romulan ship and an enemy Romulan ship, is the color of the targeting.

And if you intend on allowing Romulans to fly FED or KDF ships, then the same should apply in reverse (allow FED/KDF to fly Romulan ships).
I agree. Romulans should fly romulan ships.
Captain
# 4
04-01-2013, 04:51 PM
Remember a skin is a texture that a graphic artist has to create for each and every ship that will use it, each different ship requires it's own skin. That's a lot of work and it's one of the reasons why we have so few high end shields that come with appearance effects.
I for one will be sorely disappointed seeing Romulans flying non-Romulan designs when they have a fleet of their own designs to use or conversely see non-Romulans using Romulan ships. The game is becoming something of a joke as it is with all of enemy ships in the hands of other factions. What is the point of there being a Romulan faction if these Romulans want to fly Fed or KDF ships or vice versa.
Lieutenant
# 5
04-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
Remember a skin is a texture that a graphic artist has to create for each and every ship that will use it, each different ship requires it's own skin. That's a lot of work and it's one of the reasons why we have so few high end shields that come with appearance effects.
I for one will be sorely disappointed seeing Romulans flying non-Romulan designs when they have a fleet of their own designs to use or conversely see non-Romulans using Romulan ships. The game is becoming something of a joke as it is with all of enemy ships in the hands of other factions. What is the point of there being a Romulan faction if these Romulans want to fly Fed or KDF ships or vice versa.
Precisely.

My vote personally would be to force Romulans to fly Romulan/Reman ships only. They are fully entitled to use "our" weapons and gear in the Fleet Stores, but the ships should be restricted to the faction proper (i.e FED ships for FEDs, KDF ships for KDF).

In the real world, the US and UK are allies. You don't see the UK commissioning US ships, and manning them with British sailors, do you? Why should Trek be any different in that regard?
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Precisely.

My vote personally would be to force Romulans to fly Romulan/Reman ships only. They are fully entitled to use "our" weapons and gear in the Fleet Stores, but the ships should be restricted to the faction proper (i.e FED ships for FEDs, KDF ships for KDF).

In the real world, the US and UK are allies. You don't see the UK commissioning US ships, and manning them with British sailors, do you? Why should Trek be any different in that regard?
during ww2 this happened alot with lend lease program. mostly tanks, but some US destroyers were sold to GB. also most 3rd world countries have either migs or f16s in there air forces from parent countries {USA, RUSSIA}

i agree roms should only fly rom ships and nobody else should be allowed to. But this is cryptic, givem a few bucks and you can do whatever you want. look at the jhas.

money comes before balance, canon, etc with there buisiness model.
Commander
# 7
04-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Quote:
In the real world, the US and UK are allies. You don't see the UK commissioning US ships, and manning them with British sailors, do you?
F-35 mean anything to you? Polaris? Trident? Does Canada now not fly F-18s? Does the Netherlands not fly F-16s? It happens all the time.
Rihannsu
# 8
04-02-2013, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishkin View Post
It happens all the time.
Of course it does and doesnt.

The UK pretty much scrapped their aeronautical industry to be a client state of the USA, NATO pretty much did the same to the rest but doesnt mean Germany is using Abrams tanks or they can just replace their Leopards at the tip of a hat.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-02-2013, 05:10 PM
Im against this, having Fed ships colored green would just be an eye sore and further hurt the watered down image of the game even more. Its just not needed.