Rihannsu
# 21
04-02-2013, 11:05 AM
Here's my thought on the idea..... What percentage of players will actually get a 1000+ day perk by actually subbing for 1000 days? Sure the number of players who have been playing for 3 years increases over time. But not as fast as the size of the playerbase increases. Besides... the company never promised an unending stream of those rewards anyways. Anyways, LTS gets all of them, immediately. So making more is more like making more LTS rewards.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 22
04-02-2013, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Here's my thought on the idea..... What percentage of players will actually get a 1000+ day perk by actually subbing for 1000 days?
The odds are the only ones who will achieve that are the ones who spent the first 1-2 years playing STO when it was Subscription-Only. There's not enough incentives for Free players to Subscribe more than a few months, let alone nearly 3 years.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
04-02-2013, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by errab View Post
The trick for Cryptic is to try to figure out how to get the subbers that go F2P to continue to spend money in this MMO each
That will be a neat trick. I'm not a ship guy... I did purchase the 3 oddy deal as well as years back the Galaxy X. But truth be told cstore has been high and dry as of late. Remember when we were getting new uniforms & interiors?? Man I'm a uniform freak!! I was spending $$ on them and the slots. But it has died... "Same with the interiors". I bought both the original series & Ds9 Defiant int. But it's died off. Now it's gambling for lock box ships. Again to each his own but I'm not a ship guy & not a gambling guy for sure. I bought a few lock box keys since I had nothing else to do with my energy credits.. Even won the time ship 2x only to sale it. They say Romulan will have cstore stuff. Well lets see if they do. If so ill be the first to buy. After all I'm saving like $70 a month.
Captain
# 24
04-02-2013, 11:39 AM
It's not a trick at all. It's called Lockbox Keys. For every player like me who's only purchased 15 there's another player who has dumped $300.00 into Keys trying to get something. Trust me, the Rom Expansions isn't coming from C-Store sales. It's coming from Key sales.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Commander
# 25
04-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Well, if the ever feel like they need a sudden infusion of cash, maybe they'll add a 1500 day veteran reward to stoke up some more LTS purchases. I wouldn't complain but I'm also not expecting it.
Captain
# 26
04-02-2013, 12:27 PM
I have said this before. The current veteran reward system is dead. Any vet reward past 1000 days is just another lifetime perk. There are very few people that would qualify for them that aren't lifers. A veteran store that uses tokens which are given each month or transferring 1500 Zen to STO so transferring 15,000 Zen would give 10 Veteran Tokens would be of immense benefit to everyone not just lifers. Of course being a lifer from launch would give at least 38 Veteran Tokens. Just bought a lifetime subscription this month and no previous subscription and they would get no Veteran Tokens until they have spent at least a month here. Would be cool if the Veteran Tokens from Zen transfers was retroactive, but that only works if they track total Zen transferred and Cryptic Points.
Career Officer
# 27
04-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
What place is that? You can't be referring to The Captain's Table. That was a Lifetime Sub reward, that they later turned into a vet reward, much to the anger of the Lifers on the forums.
That was a Lifetime Sub reward, that they later turned into a vet reward, much to the anger of (a small but vocal minority of) the Lifers on the forums. <- FTFY
Career Officer
# 28
04-02-2013, 12:50 PM
When I started playing, I came across a rather sage piece of advice: "Go LTS or stay F2P". This was before the Vet Perks change even. The logic is that eventually the LTS breaks even and you start to "profit" in a way. Monthly sub, you're just flushing money away every month with no end, just to maintain what you have. It's like renting vs. buying your home. Monthly made sense to try the game for a while, confirm you were going to stick around, then grab an LTS on the next sale. Ever since the game went F2P, you don't even need to do that. Just play free, and if you like the gold member perks grab the LTS.

Not really sure what to tell OP in his current situation. I can't imagine continuing to pay the monthly sub. He's already got all the Vet benefits, but then Cryptic is promising new Gold benefits coming with LoR. Going F2P would miss out on that, as well as not being able to have the benefits (bank space, special unlocks, etc) applied to a new Romulan character. Going LTS now won't gain him anything new though, and there's always the risk the game won't last until it breaks even.
Career Officer
# 29
04-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emacsheadroom View Post
Confirming this thread is merely a whine about not continuing to be rewarded every 100 days after the first 1000 for paying for a service that could've been cancelled and the money saved.

The post 1000 day whine bandwagon left ages ago. They were laughed off the forum for being pitifully self-entitled, as you will be.
There is no reason to stay subbed in STO; If you have all the characters you want at level 50, and are past 1000 days, there is no benefit to paying $15 a month. If Cryptic actually wants people to sub, or go Lifetime (since the Vet rewards are mostly meh; Especially since the Chimera/KDF Variant isn't a fleet/lockbox level ship), they need to continue to add new and better perks.
Captain
# 30
04-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
That was a Lifetime Sub reward, that they later turned into a vet reward, much to the anger of (a small but vocal minority of) the Lifers on the forums. <- FTFY
But the poster couldn't have been referring to the Captain's Table right? I mean, that'd be crazy! Wouldn't it?