Lt. Commander
# 1 What a crock of BS
01-13-2010, 05:59 PM
Well I have to say that I am so very unhappy right now and if the level of support I am getting now is what I can expect, then maybe it was a mistake to buy into this game. here is the problem. I bought 2 copies of STO, one from Gamestop and the other from Atari. so when finnally the open beta comes I go to download the game, I find that I HAVE to use the downloader from YOUR website or use Bit Tourent. so I get your downloader and what to my amazement, I get maybe .02 Kps download speed! now It is not due to my settings since as i watch it, once in a while it would go to my max speed of 300 Kps but it does so little that after 6 hours of downloading I only get 3% of the file. At that rate I could expect to get the whole file in a MONTH!!! So I call gamestop to complain and they say its not them but you, I call you and you say its not us, call gamestop. so i call Atari and I get the same runaround!!! So here I am using Bit Tourent and getting it at a BLAZING 30 Kps!!! So now after 3 days of downloading I am only at 50%! By the time i get this program the whole Open beta will be done and I would have WAISTED THE REASON I PRE-PAID IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS TOTAL BS, IS THIS WHAT I AM TO EXPECT FROM YOU GUYS FOR SUPPORT!!!!!! AS IN NOTHING If I was not such a Star Trek Fan I would say the H@$# with this and go back to World of ********!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-13-2010, 06:08 PM
On torrent I was getting average of 500 down. Its probably more of an issue on your end.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-13-2010, 06:21 PM
you could have also pre-ordered on steam, as i knew this would be an issue, but with steam this is never an issue as they have really big, fast servers, so i got the beta client in no time (it downloads at 2 MB/s here, some people get up to 5 MB/s and such on Steam)

As for your issue... i used the Cryptic downloader for the closed beta (as that was something i got seperate from my Steam pre-order) and it averaged 400 KB/s i just left it all day and by the next day it was done...

Besides why would you pre-order to play the beta :O
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-13-2010, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dethstalker View Post
Well I have to say that I am so very unhappy right now and if the level of support I am getting now is what I can expect, then maybe it was a mistake to buy into this game. here is the problem. I bought 2 copies of STO, one from Gamestop and the other from Atari. so when finnally the open beta comes I go to download the game, I find that I HAVE to use the downloader from YOUR website or use Bit Tourent. so I get your downloader and what to my amazement, I get maybe .02 Kps download speed! now It is not due to my settings since as i watch it, once in a while it would go to my max speed of 300 Kps but it does so little that after 6 hours of downloading I only get 3% of the file. At that rate I could expect to get the whole file in a MONTH!!! So I call gamestop to complain and they say its not them but you, I call you and you say its not us, call gamestop. so i call Atari and I get the same runaround!!! So here I am using Bit Tourent and getting it at a BLAZING 30 Kps!!! So now after 3 days of downloading I am only at 50%! By the time i get this program the whole Open beta will be done and I would have WAISTED THE REASON I PRE-PAID IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS TOTAL BS, IS THIS WHAT I AM TO EXPECT FROM YOU GUYS FOR SUPPORT!!!!!! AS IN NOTHING If I was not such a Star Trek Fan I would say the H@$# with this and go back to World of ********!!!
Open up your ports.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-13-2010, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PicardoManuver
Open up your ports.
Could you explain how to do that, please? I'll admit it, I'm not a techie.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-13-2010, 06:27 PM
Check your firewall rules or stop leeching. Plenty of people have downloaded it quickly through the launcher or the torrent.
Lt. Commander
# 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCorvus
Check your firewall rules or stop leeching. Plenty of people have downloaded it quickly through the launcher or the torrent.
Leeching? And my firewall has an allowance for bittorrent.
Lt. Commander
# 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon007 View Post
you could have also pre-ordered on steam, as i knew this would be an issue, but with steam this is never an issue as they have really big, fast servers, so i got the beta client in no time (it downloads at 2 MB/s here, some people get up to 5 MB/s and such on Steam)

As for your issue... i used the Cryptic downloader for the closed beta (as that was something i got seperate from my Steam pre-order) and it averaged 400 KB/s i just left it all day and by the next day it was done...

Besides why would you pre-order to play the beta :O
Well the real funny thing is that he talks as if he payed to play open beta, when pre-ordering is just the same price as you'd pay for STO anyways.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-13-2010, 06:29 PM
there are no ports i dont know what they are talking about, unless youre behind some super firewall then it wont be blocking it anyway
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-13-2010, 06:30 PM
my average was 300 and max 1500 sorry man but you might be in the minority... try a different network or partner sight. for the record o used the official site