Career Officer
Is it just me, or does it seem like the core of this game, The Federation, is kind of being ignored with the new update? Sure, we don't know much yet, and this could all be ado about nothing; but where's the love for 80% of their player base?

I'm really not all that excited to dive into the Romulan faction, much like I've never been all that excited to dive into the Klingon faction. Don't get me wrong, I'll dabble to experience the storyline; but I'm almost certain that once I reach level 50, I'll be right back to my endgame Fed character.

I'd hate to see a major update go by without any significant improvement to the heart of the game.
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-02-2013, 12:18 PM
The Federation is getting Romulans, Romulan ships and a bunch of other Romulan goodies.
Commander
# 3
04-02-2013, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azniadeet View Post
I'd hate to see a major update go by without any significant improvement to the heart of the game.
You get a new UI, a new reputation system, and (apparently), more end-game missions to run. Plus you get a whole new system for traits, and a new character creator.

And that's off the top of my head...
Career Officer
# 4
04-02-2013, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishkin View Post
You get a new UI, a new reputation system, and (apparently), more end-game missions to run. Plus you get a whole new system for traits, and a new character creator.

And that's off the top of my head...
Everyone gets that.

I'm focusing on something more along the lines of additional story content, ships, uniforms, species, etc... etc...
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Captain
# 5
04-02-2013, 12:27 PM
Quote:
but where's the love for 80% of their player base?
That's a great question. And one that so far Cryptic seems to be ignoring. That's cause for concern. How could they not be prepared to deliver to the heart of their target market?
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-02-2013, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Is it just me, or does it seem like the core of this game, The Federation, is kind of being ignored with the new update? Sure, we don't know much yet, and this could all be ado about nothing; but where's the love for 80% of their player base?

I'm really not all that excited to dive into the Romulan faction, much like I've never been all that excited to dive into the Klingon faction. Don't get me wrong, I'll dabble to experience the storyline; but I'm almost certain that once I reach level 50, I'll be right back to my endgame Fed character.

I think the feds should get ignored for the moment.
They got an massive arsenal of ships.

Like double or triple than the KDF.

And the rommies could end up as a disaster.
Commander
# 7
04-02-2013, 12:29 PM
Feds are getting new FE to play and new potential allies. Everyone is getting something.

However, I have no problem with Fed side getting very little in this update if it turns out that way. Although some tend to whine and act entitled, the KDF side has a valid point in the 'lack of love' department. Giving KDF the majority of the new content this time around can not hurt the game one bit. I also believe you can rest assured the Feds will get some stuff too, so just relax and wait for the update.

ROMULANS!
Captain
# 8
04-02-2013, 12:36 PM
Sometimes in order to see the game grow you have to ignore some part of it. If the Fed side has to go for a bit with out new federation based content it won't hurt anyone, but will give a lot of people something new to do.
Captain
# 9
04-02-2013, 12:37 PM
Quote:
I'm focusing on something more along the lines of additional story content, ships, uniforms, species, etc... etc...
There will be at least some story content for Feds. But honestly the Feds don't need more ships, and uniforms. The very idea of adding more species at this point is silly at best.

Considering the amount of content that is either Fed only or Fed focused, it won't hurt anyone to see the Fed side put on the back burner for a bit.
Rihannsu
# 10
04-02-2013, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptvanor View Post
... it won't hurt anyone to see the Fed side put on the back burner for a bit.
Wrong.

Without any content for the vast majority of the population they have zero interest in logging in because there is nothing to do.

If you think they are just going to say "hey, your faction have enough content so for the next two years you are not getting any updates" and all Feds would be "OK!" ... Hell no, I would just walk and come back when there is actually new content, that is if I remember if I actually have it installed.