Career Officer
# 11
04-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glados122 View Post
They got an massive arsenal of ships.

Like double or triple than the KDF.
Case in point.

The Federation has at least four times the number of players that the KDF has, yet it only has 2-3x the arsenal of ships to choose from...

So, the game already disproportionally favors the KDF. Per-capita (or should I say 'per-capitan' heh) the Federation is, and has been, getting the least content of anyone.
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Commander
# 12
04-02-2013, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Wrong.

Without any content for the vast majority of the population they have zero interest in logging in because there is nothing to do.

If you think they are just going to say "hey, your faction have enough content so for the next two years you are not getting any updates" and all Feds would be "OK!" ... Hell no, I would just walk and come back when there is actually new content, that is if I remember if I actually have it installed.
I agree with this. You can't just ignore the Feds and go "Well, someone else should get some love!" That won't work.

On the other hand, I think that upgrades to the engine, new reputation systems, new endgame STFs, etc, will in fact be that "content" for the Feds.
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
04-02-2013, 12:54 PM
Actually guys the Federation is Not the majority of the player base

there are more "resting" accounts than "Live" and each of those has a Federation captain on it

pretty much every full time player has at least a KDF and a FED

and frankly there is a small majority on the Forum but not in game
There are as many Kdf players as Federation its just that they are often the same people
and the "grind or die" starbase system has caused priority to shift

So lets hope the Federation gets a Ferengis scruples
Captain
# 14
04-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Wrong.

Without any content for the vast majority of the population they have zero interest in logging in because there is nothing to do.

If you think they are just going to say "hey, your faction have enough content so for the next two years you are not getting any updates" and all Feds would be "OK!" ... Hell no, I would just walk and come back when there is actually new content, that is if I remember if I actually have it installed.
To quote Fonzie ... "Exactamundo!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by azniadeet View Post
Case in point.

The Federation has at least four times the number of players that the KDF has, yet it only has 2-3x the arsenal of ships to choose from...

So, the game already disproportionally favors the KDF. Per-capita (or should I say 'per-capitan' heh) the Federation is, and has been, getting the least content of anyone.
You raise a very compelling point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
pretty much every full time player has at least a KDF and a FED
Let's use Comsic1 as an example. I believe he's mentioned in the past he has something like 12 alts. And I believe he's also mentioned he has 1 KDF alt at level cap? He may have more. But the point I'm getting at is, in the microcosom that is cosmic1, he himself is overwhelmingly Fed-centric in his gaming in STO. He matches Cryptic's Metrics to a T.
Captain
# 15
04-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Quote:
"hey, your faction have enough content so for the next two years you are not getting any updates"
First off, no one said anything about no new content for 2 years. If you're going to post you might want to post about what's really happening, and not use such extreme hyperbole.

Second, there is likely to never ever be any more Fed only content put into this game. All content will be useable by all factions. So towards that end there is stuff from LoR for the feds.
Captain
# 16
04-02-2013, 01:03 PM
..what the feds get?

Simple - cloaks - Sure, you need to make a new character and level it, but all you need do is get all those c-store consoles again, buy the kdf faction consoles off exchange and then buy all the fleet goodies and you have a battlecloaking ship with all the fed goodies on board - as well as a smattering of kdf toys (and of course romulan toys later..)

Feds make out like bandits again.

..Maybe the question should be what do the kdf get from the deal besides stuff promised eons ago that they could not be bothered/did not have time to implement? Not much really, except another unique point of the kdf being eroded to go with the consoles already taken
Empire Veteran
# 17
04-02-2013, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Is it just me, or does it seem like the core of this game, The Federation, is kind of being ignored with the new update? Sure, we don't know much yet, and this could all be ado about nothing; but where's the love for 80% of their player base?

I'm really not all that excited to dive into the Romulan faction, much like I've never been all that excited to dive into the Klingon faction. Don't get me wrong, I'll dabble to experience the storyline; but I'm almost certain that once I reach level 50, I'll be right back to my endgame Fed character.

I'd hate to see a major update go by without any significant improvement to the heart of the game.
The success of the Romulan faction, much like the success of the klingon faction, will help STO to grow which in turn will benefit the Fed faction. The Rom faction should, in theory, bring in a lot of revenue which can be used for future STO development. What will be interesting to see is how Cryptic uses the revenue the Rom faction brings in. They're running out of ships to release and there are only a number of routes they can take. They can pour money into a PVP ramp which hopefully will include territory control, they can continue to flesh out the the New Romulus storyline, they cando a badly need revamp of ground combat, they could probably put in a few more reputation trees, and/or they could do a few other things, too.

I know this is a little off topic but these are just my musings on how the federation could play into the New Romulus storyline:

-New Romuluse's government may eventually present a petition for membership in the federation. I could see a Romulan-Vulcan reunification subplot being woven into this storyline, as well. Since the citizens of New Romulus are likely less xenophobic and distrustful than the Tal Shiar, it is likely they wish to reunite with their Vulcan brothers.

-Another possible Federation-Reman storyline is that the Federation resettles the Remans on a Federation protectorate planet and allows them to form their own semi-autonomous government. However, the Klingons oppose a Reman-Federation alliance so they offer to settle the Remans on one of their own planets.
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Captain
# 18
04-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Quote:
That's hardly a compelling argument to add even more ships to Fed side. Even though the number of Fed players is greater, it doesn't follow that each player needs 2-3 times more ships simply because they are on the Fed side.

That's amazingly sloppy logic at best.

Quote:
the Federation is, and has been, getting the least content of anyone.
Really? Exactly how much KDF exclusive content has been put in the game lately?
Captain
# 19
04-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Is it just me, or does it seem like the core of this game, The Federation, is kind of being ignored with the new update? Sure, we don't know much yet, and this could all be ado about nothing; but where's the love for 80% of their player base?

I'm really not all that excited to dive into the Romulan faction, much like I've never been all that excited to dive into the Klingon faction. Don't get me wrong, I'll dabble to experience the storyline; but I'm almost certain that once I reach level 50, I'll be right back to my endgame Fed character.

I'd hate to see a major update go by without any significant improvement to the heart of the game.
<facepalm> Can you guys stop whining for like 10 secs? You are getting Romulans, Romulan ships and possible Romulan technology (singularity drive). What the heck else do you want?

Jeez ... entitlement generation <<--- this way.
Captain
# 20
04-02-2013, 01:10 PM
I'm fine with Feds getting nothing for a while if all they are going to get is more outdated or alien ships. I've done the Fed thing, all my Fed toons are in end game and it's kind of getting boring, so I'm looking forward to a fresh start in one of the other factions. I'm looking forward to the new UI so I can actually enjoy my Klinks without going blind and the only real reason I'm interested in Romulans is just for a change of pace or because I think some of their ships look badass.