Rihannsu
# 31
04-02-2013, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptvanor View Post
First off, no one said anything about no new content for 2 years.
Last year we had Season 6 and Season 7 besides a Feature Episode.

Cryptic doesnt add content at any kind of fast pacing, one developer said it takes then about a month to create a mission.

I did the math once and it would take Cryptic at that pace about 3 years for KDF to reach parity with Federation in terms of missions numbers.

Quote:
If you're going to post you might want to post about what's really happening, and not use such extreme hyperbole.
What is "really happening" is what you dont know and none of us actually do know.

However they are not going to focus on faction missions, they are going to focus on cross faction missions ... besides if you are calling "hyperbole" then how many Featured Episodes we had in a year?

NONE.

We have ONE new mission for the 3rd anniversary event, one that is cross-fraction as well.

Even in the best prospects the next update is not going to come for 3-4 months, considering the last thing "Feds" had to do come back in the Anniversary then we are talking about at least 8 months of no new content, of course if the next update doesnt have Fed things because "Feds have too much" then we can slap another 3-4 months meaning its over a year now.

Do you wish for me to go on?

Quote:
Second, there is likely to never ever be any more Fed only content put into this game. All content will be useable by all factions. So towards that end there is stuff from LoR for the feds.
And?

I never said no cross-faction content would be added, I said no content for Federation players, when KDF players said they need exclusive faction content I pointed out at Cryptic pace how long that would take.

Your comment was "Feds can wait" that I said they are not going to do that, I never said anything about exclusive content for them, that complain usually comes from KDF players that just look at episodes and do the math.
Career Officer
# 32
04-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azniadeet View Post
Is it just me, or does it seem like the core of this game, The Federation, is kind of being ignored with the new update?
It's just you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.
Captain
# 33
04-02-2013, 02:31 PM
When initial bits of information came out for the May update / Romulan implementation, I knew in my heart of hearts, that this inevitable thread would come out. Where the Federation, having received by far the vast majority of attention in this game, is stamping their feet on the ground pouting how they're not getting even "moar." Roddenberry be damned if the Klingon and Romulan faction are on equal footing in ships, customization, uniform options, missions, and in general, OPTIONS, to the oftenly-catered-to-Federation. Roddenberry be damned if the Romulans were to be a full, independent faction.

Bravo, OP. You have fulfilled what I have always thought about the general Federation base of this game.
Career Officer
# 34
04-02-2013, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post
Bravo, OP. You have fulfilled what I have always thought about the general Federation base of this game.
That's what I was going for.

The Federation deserves it. Star Trek is kind of about the Federation afterall. People generally sign up to play as a Starfleet captain. Statistics back that up.

I'm just not crazy about this much effort being given to something that will be used by relatively few players. If they want to add options, that's fine, but that shouldn't mean that the core Federation majority in this game should "sit out" a few updates. Fed players are the bread and butter of this game, and as such, we should be the center of attention for the indefinite future.

Just my two cents, which will be used to buy zen, which will be spent on my FED character if Cryptic keeps the Fed content coming.
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Survivor of Romulus
# 35
04-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Case in point.

The Federation has at least four times the number of players that the KDF has, yet it only has 2-3x the arsenal of ships to choose from...

So, the game already disproportionally favors the KDF. Per-capita (or should I say 'per-capitan' heh) the Federation is, and has been, getting the least content of anyone.
You serious?
Nah, you can't be serious?
You're not serious, right?
Please tell me you were not serious...

*four times the facepalm*
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Career Officer
# 36
04-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Gene Roddenberry presided over the creation of two Star Trek series, and 6 Star Trek Movies, EVERY ONE of which was centered around a Federation Crew.

Where were the complaints for "MOAR KDF!"?

Evidently, he was even more Fed-centric than Cryptic.
Captain
# 37
04-02-2013, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
You serious?

I know man, I know... Picard has my back on this.
Lt. Commander
# 38 My Point of View
04-02-2013, 03:10 PM
Hey everyone just wanted to share my thoughts and see some feedback(That means you to devs), so everyones saw Romulan update but really why am I interested, already am fully into feds, already spent plenty on c store, so why would I want to do releveling a new faction character I dont want, am I right?

So my big question is what content can feds. see coming, already got the non combat pet for first contact last year, and seems nothing for feds. in May so am I just forgotten forever?

Also who here thinks romulans will not last like the klingons did, dont see many klingons every really...

Thanks
Republic Veteran
# 39
04-02-2013, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Gene Roddenberry presided over the creation of two Star Trek series, and 6 Star Trek Movies, EVERY ONE of which was centered around a Federation Crew.

Where were the complaints for "MOAR KDF!"?

Evidently, he was even more Fed-centric than Cryptic.
http://io9.com/5811911/gene-roddenbe...ainst-klingons

Career Officer
# 40
04-02-2013, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
You serious?

If it takes Cryptic 1 unit of their internal resources (staff, time, bandwidth, money, etc) to create and release a ship; then for every 1 units worth of content they release to benefit X number of players on the KDF, then they should be releasing 4 units of content to benefit 4X number of players on the Fed side.

That's only speaking from BOTH fairness AND business sense.

I think the KDF has been a little spoiled.