Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Captain
After this little tid-bit of a item from Cryptic for the KDF regarding First contact day - I think there are some c-store KDF ships I am missing.

How about a Ship sale?

Of course I still have my eye on the vesta pack too.

Added benefit for Cryptic is to reduce peoples stored Zen before the May Launch.
Captain
# 2
04-02-2013, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Added benefit for Cryptic is to reduce people stored Zen before the May Launch.
Or they could just do the reverse. Wait for people to go crazy on spending for LoR, then do a ship sale in June once the Zen balances go down (just in time to boost those Q2 numbers...)
Captain
# 3
04-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elessym View Post
Or they could just do the reverse. Wait for people to go crazy on spending for LoR, then do a ship sale in June once the Zen balances go down (just in time to boost those Q2 numbers...)
it's always better to do it before hand - then people will have to go out and buy exta Zen for the Romulan stuff.

The new Romulan stuff is more desired then existing stuff by many at this point, so a sale after might be worthless as people are still busy playing with their new Romulan toys.
Captain
# 4
04-02-2013, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Cryptic's profits come from Keys, not the other C-Store items. When it's time to boost profits a new Lockbox comes out.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 5
04-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
it's always better to do it before hand - then people will have to go out and buy exta Zen for the Romulan stuff.

The new Romulan stuff is more desired then existing stuff by many at this point, so a sale after might be worthless as people are still busy playing with their new Romulan toys.
Which is why you do the sale *after* the Romulan release. You want the big impact up front to reduce the Zen levels the most, *then* you hit them with the sale. Doing the sale first would have less impact.

And the other virtue of waiting til after LoR is that if you make enough money from LoR, you may not even need to have a sale to boost the Q2 numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Cryptic's profits come from Keys, not the other C-Store items. When it's time to boost profits a new Lockbox comes out.
I think they make quite a bit off of Doff packs as well. And we'll likely be getting both with LoR.
Captain
# 6
04-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Which is why you do the sale *after* the Romulan release. You want the big impact up front to reduce the Zen levels the most, *then* you hit them with the sale. Doing the sale first would have less impact.

And the other virtue of waiting til after LoR is that if you make enough money from LoR, you may not even need to have a sale to boost the Q2 numbers.

I think they make quite a bit off of Doff packs as well. And we'll likely be getting both with LoR.
It has to do with desire - if the sale is done now - they can sell a lot of existing ships which cost them nothing.

People will spend on the Romulan stuff regardless - but if they spend too much on the Romulan stuff they might not buy any of the old ships in any large numbers for some time - even with a sale.

These are virtual items - so cutting 20% now means nothing if they sell in volume - so a sale is better if they get volume because their base cost is already done.
Captain
# 7
04-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Last year we got a ship sale during the FCD event. They'll probably do the same this year.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Captain
# 8
04-02-2013, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Last year we got a ship sale during the FCD event. They'll probably do the same this year.
Which would actually be a strong argument against doing it. If it becomes predictable, no one will ever buy a ship in March any more, they'll just wait for the sale they know is coming.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
04-02-2013, 02:38 PM
You know, I have actually been itching to get my hands on a Kar'fi lately...

----------------------------------------------
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Captain
# 10
04-02-2013, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Which would actually be a strong argument against doing it. If it becomes predictable, no one will ever buy a ship in March any more, they'll just wait for the sale they know is coming.
I hadn't thought of that!
Please fix the Foundry lag!