Career Officer
# 121
04-02-2013, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
That explains the Delta Flyer I saw skipping about ESD. Thought it looked odd (wasn't aroud for beta)
That makes me miss the days of space walking!
Captain
# 122
04-02-2013, 07:30 PM
Sorry I haven't read all the pages yet so let me repeat what probably 100 other people said:

The trait redesign looks really interesting. I like it. Also the "combining old things into a species trait" sure does help the Gorn, who used to get the rough end on the trait side.

Also, Warp Cores, looks good. Should add something interesting. I'm not thrilled that they're adding a new power, since I play the game in windowed mode, and I'd actually like to not have my entire screen end up being skill trays some day. Otherwise, interesting.

One thing I have not seen addressed yet I'd like to bring up: Has the design team looked at Crew Recovery rate on various classes of ship? As it works now on holodeck, frankly it's a mass disadvantage to have an Odyssey. You come out of combat and you have to sit around for three minutes for your crew to recover. This doesn't seem right.

Generally this looks quality though.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Captain
# 123
04-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazemladaiya View Post
I love everything about this patch. I am not too sure why they would even stress about Windows XP as that is an ancient and unsupported OS now in every other market, but still an awesome patch either way. I am very excited about the Warp Cores. Maybe I'll finally be able to get some great speeds while ditching that borg engine to get my visuals back on other sets
Probably because there have been multiple threads after the last patch from people complaining about it, and the fact that XP is listed as part of the minimum requirements for STO, which means Cryptic is still supporting it for STO.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Rihannsu
# 124
04-02-2013, 08:07 PM
Well I patched it up and tried it out. The only thing I would possibly change about anything with this new setup is please make the color schemes attach to characters on the same CFG as the layouts do. I was really excited at the thought of attaching the Orion scheme to my characters flying Orion ships, etc., but found that when i applied a scheme to one character, it not only carried to other characters but across factions as well. It was odd to log onto a KDF character with the Voyager colors showing up.

On the glitches side, that was kind of fun blocking DS9's hallways with my Odyssey. LOL. That is one of the best glitches I have seen thus far. No hurry on that being fixed . . . it really was fun.

But on a serious note . . . yes . . . please make the color schemes character specific. Anyone else agree with this one?
Starfleet Veteran
# 125
04-02-2013, 08:11 PM
...with all these extra powers, we're going to need to expand to 12 buttons per action bar (using the "-" and "=" keys by default) instead of only 10 buttons per action bar

Raptr profile
Career Officer
# 126
04-02-2013, 08:16 PM
Hmmm considering im not seeing this new clicky power thats supposed to come with stubborn and im not seeing this new OP sounding knockback immunity with sure footed yet either i guess some part of those patch notes must be about a patch that didn't made it in yet?
___
Tami, Leader of -FS-
Lt. Commander
# 127
04-02-2013, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfs5519 View Post
i could see ship equipment drops require tractoring or stablizing before transport. and/or require repairs before equipped into your ship.
Just assume your dedicated crew handles that for you.
Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Sky Road
Career Officer
# 128
04-02-2013, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedarky View Post
Happy happy joyjoy!

I was hoping a workaround or fix for this would be included.
there is upgrade your OS
look for me in game as "Admiral Quinn" yeah that admiral quinn..and while your at it get off muh station!!!
Survivor of Romulus
# 129
04-02-2013, 08:37 PM
I would love if they went back and updated some ships that should have special warp cores.

Excelsior for one, the whole Transwarp engine, in lore they had to stick the ship in dry dock and strip that out to replace it with a normal warp core engine.

T3 Excelsior keeps the Transwarp console, as it can be used on any ship.

T5 Excelsior gets the Transwarp core engine, combing the console and a standard warp core engine, it can only be used on Excelsior class ships (just like other T5 ship consoles are locked to their ship type)

Last edited by shapeywhelm; 04-02-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Captain
# 130
04-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenmirror2012 View Post
I have some questions.

What is "Perfect Shields"
This .
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com