04-02-2013, 04:56 PM
@jonathanlonehawk

forget it... its closed...

Deutsches Flottenkommando
Flotten Chef
Captain
# 52
04-02-2013, 05:03 PM
You guys sure know how to run a server patch... </sarcasm> Seriously... how hard is it to not post the patch notes until the shard is unlocked? Youre asking for feedback and we cant give it to you because no one can play on the shard in question....
Lt. Commander
# 53
04-02-2013, 05:05 PM
So the shard has been down for a little over 2 hours, which isn't unusual for a patch time, also, they normally release the notes before they bring the shard down.

I wanna get on ASAP just like everyone else, but i wouldn't be surprised if we have a bit more of a wait yet.

Also it's a test server, there's a disclaimer somewhere saying it will go down without announcement. So, just chill, get back on holodeck for now and try again in an hour or so.
Survivor of Romulus
# 54
04-02-2013, 05:07 PM
"The boarder will no longer change colour during red alert". What? Why?! That was awesome.
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Terrell-STO.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
Career Officer
# 55 Shard Down Then Locked
04-02-2013, 05:07 PM
By my count, it seemed that Tribble and Redshirt were both *down* for about 2 hours...

*then* Redshirt came back....

*then* like half an hour later, Tribble was available to be patched...but remained locked...

And has been locked for about 2 hours now.

"...warp cores...pesky little warp cores...where are you? ..."
Career Officer
# 56
04-02-2013, 05:09 PM
I logged in specifically to get on tribble... my patience was killed when they released the patch notes, I actually stopped watching a movie halfway through just because of the notes, obviously the server is up and is allowing patches, so whats the issue here?

The fact is, they released an awesome patch, I really wanna play with this one and see whats going on. They have also started feedback threads already, maybe they should have held off on this until the shard was unlocked, then people wouldnt have a problem with not getting in.
InGame - @Darth_Tauri
Joined - 9/2011
"You Best Make Peace With Your Dear & Fluffy Lord" - Malcolm Reynolds
Captain
# 57
04-02-2013, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcaptain420 View Post
get back on holodeck for now and try again in an hour or so.
and do what play the same old boring missions , when something new is going to be out shortly why would you ?
Captain
# 58
04-02-2013, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcaptain420 View Post
So the shard has been down for a little over 2 hours, which isn't unusual for a patch time, also, they normally release the notes before they bring the shard down.

I wanna get on ASAP just like everyone else, but i wouldn't be surprised if we have a bit more of a wait yet.

Also it's a test server, there's a disclaimer somewhere saying it will go down without announcement. So, just chill, get back on holodeck for now and try again in an hour or so.
No I will not "chill". The patch notes shouldn't be posted until the server is up and ready. Thats just common sense. And feedback threads certainly shouldnt be created until the server is ready to be played on.

Seriously it should be as simple as the server team responsible for deploying the patch/running checks going to Branflakes(or the person in charge) and saying the server is up, and then Branflakes going to zer0nius and telling her to put the patch notes up and then the devs posting their feedback topics...

I don't understand why people defend such backward ways of running things.

Its like saying a cake is done baking when it still has another 15 minutes to go... no one does that.
Lt. Commander
# 59
04-02-2013, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufpterrell View Post
"The boarder will no longer change colour during red alert". What? Why?! That was awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
[*]The border of the shield status indicator is now brighter. [*]This border will no longer change color during red alert.
I assume this means the border of the shield doesn't change, i.e. your full shields don't go to red, which would also indicate that they are low, when they aren't.

I am probably wrong.
Career Officer
# 60
04-02-2013, 05:11 PM
this is the longest a tribble patch has ever taken
Ryan- RRF Engineer, R.R.W. Vadenius (Falchion Warbird)
Brenan- UFP Engineer, U.S.S. Legacy (Assault Cruiser Refit )
Brandon- UFP Science, U.S.S.Heron (Rhode Island Retrofit)
Member since launch, LoR Closed Beta round 1, Lifetimer