Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Ensign
# 1 Torpedo: High Yield 2
04-02-2013, 02:53 PM
Hi everyone,

I have noticed that about 25% of the time when I try to use T:HY2 it glitches. The cool down timer will start but my next attack will only be a single torpedo. Any ideas why or how to correct this?
Commander
# 2
04-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by red2142 View Post
Hi everyone,

I have noticed that about 25% of the time when I try to use T:HY2 it glitches. The cool down timer will start but my next attack will only be a single torpedo. Any ideas why or how to correct this?
the combat animations are loosely tied to the combat system, so just because the animation isn't there it doesn't mean the power hasn't woked.

I can get the torpedo animation to detonate against my own ship, but the attack still gets applied to the target after the "correct" amount of time has passed.

Check the "combat" chat window to make sure that the problem is an issue with the power rather than the animation. You will want to turn off all the combat entries except for "Self" if you're to have any chance of spotting the entries.
Empire Veteran
# 3
04-02-2013, 03:05 PM
Does the cool down timer end before you try to fire the next salvo?
Ensign
# 4
04-02-2013, 11:38 PM
The combat log shows it to not be using the skill when it should. When I click on the skill icon it triggers the cool down like normal, but on the times it is not showing the animation it is not applying the skill in combat as it should.

Quote:
Does the cool down timer end before you try to fire the next salvo?
No, the Quantum torpedo fires soon after the skill is used.