Lieutenant
As I have been playing through LoR I have been hearing that you will only be able to use T1 through to T4 allied ships. I feel its awesome to be able to fly allied ships but if we can use them shouldn't we be able to use their T5 ships as well? This is quite a bummer because if I was going to ally with FED I would like to use the many C-store ships I BOUGHT. I am wondering what other people are thinking, because after listening to priority ones interview of dstalh he said that not using a Romulan ship would make you feel that your givcinv some of your fire power away, I am more than happy to sacrifice a little fire power for my trust armitage or dreadnought.

What are you guys thoughts?
Captain
# 2
04-23-2013, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roboticzebra View Post
As I have been playing through LoR I have been hearing that you will only be able to use T1 through to T4 allied ships. I feel its awesome to be able to fly allied ships but if we can use them shouldn't we be able to use their T5 ships as well? This is quite a bummer because if I was going to ally with FED I would like to use the many C-store ships I BOUGHT. I am wondering what other people are thinking, because after listening to priority ones interview of dstalh he said that not using a Romulan ship would make you feel that your givcinv some of your fire power away, I am more than happy to sacrifice a little fire power for my trust armitage or dreadnought.

What are you guys thoughts?
Personally idk havent had the chance to fly a D'Deridex yet since thats locked

Personally though if the D'deridex is as good as a galaxy dreadnaught like i have on holodeck you will never pull me out of it lol

But until i get to fly the D'deridex i can only speculate and hope so until then i cannot give more then an opinon based on bias since i like rommies
Captain
# 3
04-23-2013, 12:05 AM
Why would an ally give access to their best ships? That type of trust takes a long time to develop.
Commander
# 4
04-23-2013, 12:11 AM
I disagree.

I would prefer the Romulans not have access to allied T5 ships. That would be a step in the wrong direction in my opinion.

Legacy of Romulus - Closed Beta - Round 1 Playtester
Empire Veteran
# 5
04-23-2013, 12:32 AM
Putting aside the whole, 'we'll just see tons of Romulans in lockbox ships anyways' thing for the moment...

I'm glad that they aren't. Tier 1 to 4 is like buying old army surplus. It's old and the government doesn't need it anymore. The Federation/Klingon Empire can afford to trade off these old ships because they aren't necessary for their own defense.

Heck, one could argue that some of these ships are too much from a story POV due to the still relatively new technology given in most of these ships, like the Intrepid-refit, which gives the Nadeon Detonator.

Anywho, tier 1 to 4 is their choice though. And I feel it is a good choice, because all those lower tiered ships you bought for you Feds and/or KDF toons, will now have more usage and greater purpose across your new Romulan toons.

It's not like they are taking away your tier 5 ships. I can still gladly go hop on a Klingon and fly around in a B'rel. I just won't be able to fly that B'rel as a Romulan. So at the tier 5 level, again, ignoring lockbox ships for the moment, you'll still mostly see Romulan, Fed, and KDF ships.

It feels like a fair exchange. Romulans get usage of lower tier ships, and in turn, we get an actual variety of ships at tier 5 instead of only seeing new Romulans in the same thing we see already.

Ensign
# 6
04-23-2013, 12:35 AM
I have to disagree with that proposal as well.

The Romulan faction as it currently stands is more diluted that was expected anything more and you may as well not bother with this faction.

Besides Dev blog #9 basically says the the Romulans can fly EVERY ONE of their ships at T5, for a cost in zen.

I don't know about you but getting to level 50 just to fly my ally ship that I fly on my faction toon already seems a wasted opportunity to try something new, Something I have waited for three years.

This was the only faction I wanted to play.
Lieutenant
# 7
04-23-2013, 01:13 AM
I see the point in not offering the allies best ships for a story POV but still if your offering them from T1-4 there should be a way of earning a T5 ship in some way, be it for the doff diplomatic max rank reward.
Lieutenant
# 8
04-23-2013, 01:20 AM
No. Just no.

If you want to fly T5 Fed or KDF ships, roll a Fed or KDF toon.

Don't like it? Don't play a Romulan.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-23-2013, 01:31 AM
What the others have said.

Giving the romulans access to T5 ships of the other factions is bad. This would simply go to further destruction of faction uniqueness that has slowly been going on. The lower tiers is something that I can begrudingly accept because that gives them console access and more options. (Though that would need to get Nuked if cryptik decides that you can change your allegiance)

It is also possible to explain why this happens more or less decently.
Captain
# 10
04-23-2013, 01:57 AM
I see both sides, and long term, access to T5 would be better.

right now there wont be many endgame romulan ships. later, there will be some more. but as the buzz settles down, people will go back to their feds, which will get the better ships again, and the romulans will end up like the klinks, with not many ships, and not much support (it will take some time, but it has a high chance of happening).

however if the romulans had access to T5 faction ships, they would just simply the best choice of all, so that would not make much sense either (but atleast they would prevail )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2