Career Officer
# 191
04-08-2013, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic View Post
No bugs for me yet.

I do have a small request though, if it's not already planned that is, Give the Warp cores their own image.

As it stands it looks like we've got two impulse drives installed. Maybe even a modification to the ship itself when some of the exceptionally rare or hard to get (Rep/fleet?) Warp Cores are installed.
My guess they are placeholders for new icons. But given Impulse Engine icons look like Warp Cores, I figure it will be the Impulse Engine icons that get a new look.
Career Officer
# 192
04-09-2013, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
My guess they are placeholders for new icons. But given Impulse Engine icons look like Warp Cores, I figure it will be the Impulse Engine icons that get a new look.
Yeah it was previously answered that these were tribble test holders, image/art to be changed.
Career Officer
# 193
04-09-2013, 07:46 PM
With this interpretation coming, will we see our C-store "+1" starship bonuses be shifted to unique cores? To reflect from where those bonuses originate. Even if locked to their C-store iterations only?
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Where you can also catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Career Officer
# 194
04-10-2013, 12:47 AM
In a general sense I'm very happy to see more customization/diversity added into ships via new slots. I'd love to see this concept expanded to hull materials, and also to the ships computer (like voyagers bio computer) to let us tweak and refine the ships much more than we currently can.

The fan base for this IP is a bit more pre-disposed to a higher learning curve, espeically with the concepts introduced in numerous episodes of the shows and the literature surrounding ships and the unique capabilites they posess.

I'd like to see a more horizontal progression for some of these things as a player, rather than vertical, adding more depth to the endgame once a player has become farmiliar with the systems through gameplay.

Ideas for this are things like increasing a shield recharge rate when hit by certain weapon types, or by certain weapon energy types, chances to trigger higher recharge times on boff abilities or secondary effects when activating those abilities etc.

Whatever the case, I am happy to see these new warp cores and already enjoying the discussions and the developing terminology in this thread, I look forward to debates on power settings and ship tweaking becoming much more a part of the end game experience.
http://soundcloud.com/krovan-1
Empire Veteran
# 195 Warp Core Feedback
04-10-2013, 11:32 PM
I noticed that there is no Warp Core Feedback Tread. They are a new item in the game that changes how our ships play (power level wise).

Any thoughts?
Ensign
# 196
04-13-2013, 03:11 PM
I noticed that there are a lot of energy bonus possibilities between weapon, shield, engine and auxiliary. There are a lot of combination but what I observed there is not a lot A-> something. There is the A->W, but that is all, what about the others? As a Science captain I need the other options like A->S for example.
Lt. Commander
# 197
04-18-2013, 02:07 PM
I love the idea of warp cores, however i believe they should have some advantages and disadvantages based on warp core type and ship type. Or perhaps just some pros and cons based on warp core type.

Make some which increase power in one system, while lowering it for another. Maybe add shield resist by taking away hull resist. Gain acc by sacrificing crit, etc. etc.

This would add much more in the way of flexible build IMHO
Career Officer
# 198
04-18-2013, 03:10 PM
I've only seen the warp cores in the dilithium store, but it would be nicer to see a few more cores that grant a bonus from auxiliary power. So far I've only seen the one overcharged core that grants a bonus to weapons power and EPS. Be nice to see more that would be more relevant for aux heavy sci ships
13th Autonomous Battle Group
FED | Xenovi Thor |Zenovi Thor | Fourty-Thor | Seventy-Thor
KDF |Arbiter |Brayen | Thirty-Thor
RRF | Novarren
Rihannsu
# 199 Warp Cores?
04-18-2013, 04:11 PM
What do I think of them well am not sure to be honest since I don't see yet how they make any difference to my ship at all. Other than just taking up a random slot they don't feel very relevant to me.

Since they don't contribute to over all speed in sector space which at the moment is determined by what engine you have whether it be one of the Fed engines or the borg engine which is currently the fastest, so for me at the moment I feel they just fill a unwarranted slot with no real value.

In conclusion I just don't see a good reason to have them at all unless your bothered about vanity in relation to your ship lol. Maybe this warp core stuff is a good example of maybe if its not broken don't fix it?
Captain
# 200
04-20-2013, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkepsilon1 View Post
Maybe this warp core stuff is a good example of maybe if its not broken don't fix it?
Well a lot of people keep at least 2 impulse engines on them. One is an impulse engine with a sector speed boost like the borg engine, the other is one with good stats in combat/ part of the set that person is using. The fact people have to swap engines depending on where they are is where the break is; the whole idea from what I understand was to move the sector space bonuses to the warp cores so you can pick the best engine for fighting and not have to swap it out all the time. As an added bonus, the warp cores have some new benefits and affixes we haven't seen before.

Speaking of sets they should add set warpcores and shift the sector space bonuses to those. As an added bonus, that would mean you could have two 2-set bonuses rather than just one 2set bonus and a single piece from another set (for instance the Borg 2-set with MACO shield could become Borg 2-set with MACO 2-set with a MACO shield and warp core or it could bring back the borg 3-set plus MACO shield we used to enjoy by slotting in a Borg transwarp coil in our warp drive slot). That's adding value.